IMMIGRANT allowances vs OAP's pension.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
marshbags
udonmap.com

Post by marshbags » December 18, 2015, 7:17 pm

I was asked if I would post this to inform others who are affected by OAP restrictions of the huge differences
( basic and not including free housing and a multitude of other assistance ect. ect. )

Please pass it on to other interested parties who can also read this...........................

Dear Prime Minister The RT. Hon. David Cameron, MP.

I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER
(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National
Insurance contributions to the British Government all their working life)
Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)
Weekly allowance: £250.00

Weekly Spouse Allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
Weekly Spouse Allowance: £225.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £0.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £6,000

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900
Thank you
Marshbags

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 18, 2015, 7:27 pm

Yepp its a disgrace .. head shaking info , but not suprised at all .... i believe the allowances differ as to the persons status as either a refugee or economic migrant , no wonder they all want to end up in the UK !! ...and its only gonna get worse , may i remind folks of the words of Enoch Powell many years ago .. then laughed at but not so daft after all .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » December 18, 2015, 8:33 pm

Enoch Powell was spot on and the UK is so stupid to give all these parasites anything. why are the politicians so weak?

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 18, 2015, 8:34 pm

Marshbags your neurotic post fails to mention......
British Pensioners are entitled to Attendance allowance, Carers allowance, Public Transport Concessions, Council tax Support, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefits, Heating Benefits and Personal Independence Payments.
It always helps if there is a debate to be had you tell the whole story.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 18, 2015, 8:50 pm

And to ADD Fuel to the fire.....I Committed A MORTAL Sin, I Missed 6 Years National Insurance payments...& Guess What I Got MY State Pension reduced by 40%.....

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 18, 2015, 9:08 pm

747man wrote:And to ADD Fuel to the fire.....I Committed A MORTAL Sin, I Missed 6 Years National Insurance payments...& Guess What I Got MY State Pension reduced by 40%.....
I don't know your age but if you were born on or after 1945 you need 30 qualifying years to get a full pension. For every lost year you loose 1/30th of your pension so if you missed 6 years you would have lost 6/30th which by my calculation is 20% not 40%. If you want to get a full pension apply to the government to pay the missed 6 years and the likelihood is you will get a full pension. Your comment doesn't add fuel to the fire it just adds to the misinformation....or did you expect to get a full pension without paying the full whack.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 18, 2015, 9:52 pm

Marshbags post has all the signs of being a rant with little evidence that the quoted figures are anything but invented. When did any British government ever pay any benefits neatly divisible by £25?

It is not to say that i agree there is a grievance here - i get extra screwed because my pension will be under the new system, no married pension.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 18, 2015, 10:27 pm

Yes the figures aren't correct. The current basic state pension is £115.95 for a single person or £185.45 for a married couple. This basic pension is below the government's income support figure so if they have no other source of income they can get pension credits from the list I outlined earlier.
As you say Rick the pension system changes next year

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 19, 2015, 1:12 pm

BIGNOTE,Said.......or did you expect to get a full pension without paying the full whack.......NO But I DO Expect to get MORE Than SOMEONE Who has paid NOTHING Into the system......O.K ?????

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 19, 2015, 4:27 pm

Do you mean you should get a bigger pension than people who have been on permanent disability all there lives and have never put a penny into the system because that's what you are saying. Or is your argument one of "I hate them therefore they shouldn't get anything"? You only obfuscate when you compare or parallel argue pensions and benefits......they are chalk and cheese. For the record immigrants don't get pensions.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 19, 2015, 4:43 pm

Can refugee/migrants obtain higher welfare payments than old age pensioners ?

If they can it is wrong

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 19, 2015, 5:00 pm

noosard wrote:Can refugee/migrants obtain higher welfare payments than old age pensioners ?

If they can it is wrong
Your question brings into play Marshbags quoted figures
The cash entitlement and available benefits entitlements I put in can be verified at a yougov pension site.
Perhaps Marshbags and 747 can tell us on what site or why they believe immigrants get £250 a week and a spouse allowance of £250 and a hardship allowance of £100. They presumably know or feel this is gospel.

tudorandpim
udonmap.com

Post by tudorandpim » December 19, 2015, 8:32 pm

The OP is a 'protest email', a hoax, that has been doing the rounds for years. Australia, Canada, USA etc. For debunking of this nonsense see here:
http://researchbriefings.files.parliame ... N05621.pdf

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 19, 2015, 9:40 pm

bignote1 wrote: Or is your argument one of "I hate them therefore they shouldn't get anything"?
Thanks for that tudorandpim I suspected hatred was the prime motivator.

"Some people believe false arguments can justify real hatred"..........Karl Kraus

waanjai
udonmap.com

Immigrant allowances vs OAP's pension.

Post by waanjai » December 20, 2015, 12:19 am

tudorandpim wrote:The OP is a 'protest email', a hoax, that has been doing the rounds for years. Australia, Canada, USA etc. For debunking of this nonsense see here:....
But one question remains: Why is this forum so vulnerable to become the victim of such hoaxes? Just because there is this word: Immigrant? People here are mostly economic migrants, not even attempting immigration and meeting the associated requirements.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 20, 2015, 1:00 am

Waanjai.... I am not sure vulnerable is the right word and if it is, it not only exists in this forum, but all over.
IMO at best, these people are foolish and believe themselves to be sufficient in all aspects of life whereas they have a closed mind which prevents them from properly analysing situations and learning new things. At worst they are racists who promote ideologies that cause or justify the unequal distribution of rights and privileges among different racial/ethnic groups.

Return to “Open Forum”