What's up with CTH

General Udon Thani topics only!
stoneman
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by stoneman » January 24, 2016, 8:27 am

Have had CTH/Grammy Z(or whatever it is called) satellite for a couple of years...Mainly for the EPL...Now I am getting messages along the bottom of my screen that they are quitting next month...They show 2 phone numbers (1619 and 1629) to call..But have set on hold for over an hour on both...Does anyone have info on what is going on?

Chriss
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Chriss » January 24, 2016, 12:42 pm

Article from Bangkok Post November last year, if this helps.....

http://m.bangkokpost.com/business/775741

747man
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by 747man » January 24, 2016, 12:54 pm

NEVER Been able to get The EPL From Home Cable here in Nong Khai, So NOT Worried NOW....

kubotatim
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by kubotatim » January 24, 2016, 1:22 pm

Just switch to True a far superior service.

747man
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by 747man » January 24, 2016, 1:42 pm

kubotatim wrote:Just switch to True a far superior service.
But THEY Don't have the EPL,Either !!

Svein66
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Svein66 » January 24, 2016, 2:06 pm

Wait to see what happen next season, if you want the English Premier League. This is the rightsholder in Thailand from the 2016/17-season:
http://th.beinsports.com/
Their broadcasting partner in Thailand is currently True Visions.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by kubotatim » January 24, 2016, 2:07 pm

I hate football, Moto GP, F1, WTC, WRC, WSK, Golf etc etc perfect.

747man
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by 747man » January 24, 2016, 2:34 pm

kubotatim wrote:I hate football, Moto GP, F1, WTC, WRC, WSK, Golf etc etc perfect.
Oh ! Well it takes Allsorts.....I Suppose you're into Tiddlywinks aswell.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by 747man » January 24, 2016, 2:35 pm

Svein66 wrote:Wait to see what happen next season, if you want the English Premier League. This is the rightsholder in Thailand from the 2016/17-season:
http://th.beinsports.com/
Their broadcasting partner in Thailand is currently True Visions.
Thanks Svein66 That's Interesting.... :D :D

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Brian Davis » January 24, 2016, 4:10 pm

Same as you Stoneman with the SATELLITE GMMZ, also started essentially for EPL. Besides the box cost ( I had large satellite installed already), I have a BEYOND package at c.7,000 baht per annum. I've been well satisfied, particularly after all the hassles I had with CTH, poor signal and service. The writing was on the wall for CTH.
I think that Bangkok Post link refers only to CABLE.
I understand what you mean about the recent messages appearing on screen. I. too, didn't know what it was all about. However, on the 18th, the system 'blanked' for a while, but came back apparently everything the same??? I watched football last night, although late ko times here and, in my case, current team results, are not doing me much good :lol:

kubotatim
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by kubotatim » January 24, 2016, 6:37 pm

747man wrote:
kubotatim wrote:I hate football, Moto GP, F1, WTC, WRC, WSK, Golf etc etc perfect.
Oh ! Well it takes Allsorts.....I Suppose you're into Tiddlywinks aswell.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better than watching 22 yobbo grossly overpaid low lifes kicking a bag of wind for 90 minutes and swearing and spitting. call that entertainment, I don't think so?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Brian Davis » February 10, 2016, 2:00 pm

Just to say that the GMMZ service has now gone pear-shaped and I don't think all channels will return, as happened before - including the EPL.
Wasting your time in trying to contact the help centres - on one number, nobody answers in spite of the usual holding messages and the other two seem to be discontinued.
My wife was able to see the problems and complaints on line, in Thai. Apparently, offers of compensation (not a load of money involved, but I'd rather have the service) or alternative box for those who have paid in advance. A CTH box? - aaaggghhhh, although I do have a bigger dish now. Would that mean a different satellite and moving the dish?
CTH may mean one can see the football for the rest of this season, but as we know, they don't have the rights for next.
Anyway, until I can get a response from somebody, I'm not much wiser. Missing Palace at present might not be too bad at present!
I believe GMMZ is quoting the right to change channels. Here, however, the omissions appear to be numerous compared to what I paid for, so I'd argue they've broken the contract. The Thai Office of the Consumer Protection Board did help before over another issue.

goodison
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by goodison » February 10, 2016, 6:02 pm

I left CTH some time back, shame in a way as when it first broadcast it gave excellent coverage of the BPL. They seemed to have had a falling out with Home Cable so I pulled the pin I gontinued with True Visions (ex UBC) and hopefully they will show BPL via BEIN SPORTS next season. In the meantime I have subscribed to Thai ExpatTV (gives me Sky News, BBC 1 through 4 and ITV 1 through 3 plus a few more channels. I also subscribe to EXPAT PREMIUM TV and this gives me Sky Sports 1 through 6 plus BT Sports 1 and BT Sports 2 plus numerous Sky Movie Channels. Needless to say a good Internet Connection is required but all in all I'm happy with both packages the latter two costing THB1400.00 per month.

stoneman
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by stoneman » February 13, 2016, 12:18 pm

Well, I took a different approach...I dropped 3BB internet and picked up a much faster True system...Then I bought an Android box and hooked it up to my TV...Still don't have EPL, but have got thousands of stations to choose from and the service has been great...

Nevoil
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Nevoil » February 13, 2016, 2:04 pm

I watch all the footie on my computer at no extra cost !!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2016, 5:56 pm

Somebody up there must hate me .......... :evil:
No add on (footie) channels since the start of the month .......... lord knows how many phone calls (unanswered) and then finally this afternoon, someone answers, and inside 5 mins I'm watching footie again ......
Now I have to stay up till 5am tomorrow morning to see the "toon" loose again :roll:

They have kindly credited me with 12 months "free" (about B8000 saving), which isn't bad when added to the B9000 refund from Home cable when the broke my contract in November \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by 747man » March 1, 2016, 9:49 pm

Nevoil wrote:I watch all the footie on my computer at no extra cost !!!
So Do I Now......via a VPN... :lol: :lol:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by Brian Davis » March 2, 2016, 2:24 am

stattointhailand wrote:........ lord knows how many phone calls (unanswered) and then finally this afternoon, someone answers, and inside 5 mins I'm watching footie again ......
I guess you have the CTH box Statto and a re-tune was necessary? My GMMZ provider referred me to the CTH telephone number and after hanging on 90 minutes!, someone answered. Seems I need a new receiver (waiting, that was 2 weeks ago) and am promised free for a year too. In my case, not just football, but I lost news, music, movies too from my pre-paid- GMM-Z package Interesting to see what happens in the new season. At moment, using ilikeHD.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by stattointhailand » March 2, 2016, 11:47 am

Our box took about 10 days to arrive Brian, and it took 2 wks of phone calls (Mrs gets bored after hanging on 15 mins and rings mum or friends instead :lol: ). When she finally got through it was 10 mins of them telling her what buttons to press on the remote and then boom all the lost channels returned + lots that we haven't had since we switched from Home Cable to GMM in Nov + all the Club Channel/Euro Footie channel package + there appears to be a lot more of the movie channels etc than I remember (never watch them much, only when surfing and see a film worth watching). It takes a lot of time to get there, but its worth it in the end :lol: :lol: :lol:

socksy
udonmap.com

What's up with CTH

Post by socksy » March 2, 2016, 2:45 pm

Is this you coming out of retirement Statto or did you get tired and bored being a recluse?
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”