U.S. Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Billionaire politician: Summer of Trump

Post by GT93 » October 24, 2015, 12:39 am

Now that's some grandfather. Amongst many things formerly a cook, bouncer and a waiter. I like the line where the biographer says "I wouldn't call him [Donald's grandfather] a pimp."

I know it's a long shot but North America might soon be governed not only by a former bouncer (Trudeau) but also by Donald, the grandson of a bloke who also spent a spell as a bouncer.

I read Trump is carrying the battle into the Bush Kingdom and Rubio's home patch:

http://www.voanews.com/content/ap-trump ... 19868.html

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 11, 2015, 1:44 pm

Here is a link to an old Democrat's venture into Republican country. It throws some light as to why Trump is doing well:

http://robertreich.org/post/132819483625

Trump isn't saying what moneyed interests want to hear and that appeals to the base. The Trump message seems to appeal to the Republican base.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 27, 2015, 12:04 am

Trump has been acting like a kid again:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... disability

And still plenty of voters want a kid in charge of many many thousands of nukes. :(

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 27, 2015, 7:23 am

GT93 wrote:Trump has been acting like a kid again:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... disability

And still plenty of voters want a kid in charge of many many thousands of nukes. :(
The better to launch against our bitter enemies the Canadians!
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » November 27, 2015, 10:05 am

The GOP is slowly eating itself away, Trump at first seemed as if he really could do something to restore the position of America on the World Stage not only fix America itself, but to be Great Again. Is he just another Chest Beater who can be strong enough to do what it is GOOD for the USofA as well as the rest of the World, or just another Loud Mouthed Yank who only thinks of his own ambitions. At time he comes across as very obnoxious, especially his continuous uncalled for denigrating remarks about others. At first I thought Trump was the real thing, the further down the line it goes the further he seems to be losing himself. I now ask myself "is the Donald the man to have control or would someone like RUBIO have a better approach to RUN for such an important position. DU

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » December 4, 2015, 1:06 am

Rubio bought a boat that cost more than his net worth. Trump needs to watch his comments, but he will certainly get my vote. I know people with three rental units that have had more complaints of discrimination against them than DT. The sandies were indeed celebrating after 9-11, and it's looking like they will soon have to admit they were wrong.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » December 15, 2015, 6:25 am

trump gets my vote.he will put the great back into america.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 17, 2015, 6:40 am

Sat down and viewed the CNN Republican debate last night mainly to assess the candidates.

Well IMHO I thought it was quite entertaining, several things stood out:

1. Some good one liners.
2. Jeb Bush definitely has the Bush DNA.
3. Chris Christi is a war monger who will get us all killed.
4. I like Ben Carson, quietly spoken, obviously very intelligent and seems to be the best of a very average field.
5. Have no Idea why all the male candidates accept for Carson wore the same uniform, dark suit, light blue/white shirt and bright red tie.
6. Trump was quite (by his standard), under control and made some sense.
7. In a race between the women I'd prefer Fiorina over Clinton in the final race.

Just my 2 bobs worth from an outsider looking in!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » December 22, 2015, 10:07 am

Trump as an English aristo? UK voice actor puts 'sophisticated' spin on GOP frontrunner (RT.com)

Watch and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUGT30gGtiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728_Lwz3nD0

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » December 22, 2015, 12:15 pm

Does he understand Americas military capabilities? -

Does he understand who Americas enemies/allies are? -

Does this sound like American values? Shouldn't we be better than the terrorists? -

And finally, CHINA! :lol:
UFF DA!

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » December 22, 2015, 1:01 pm

"America’s political and military mission in the post-cold-war era will be to ensure that no rival superpower is allowed to emerge in Western Europe, Asia or the territories of the former Soviet Union."

This is the policy advocated by both the Democratic and Republican parties. This has led the US to kill and murder thousands of individuals to advance this policy. So we get a candidate that is not following the script that has been handed to all the other candidates. Shame on the American voter who can't realize they have been mislead by the ruling elites [-X
I guess we should all blindly vote for Hillary since the elite want her!

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » December 22, 2015, 2:35 pm

If we have had a "Summer of Trump" now is most certainly the winter of our discontent. As for putting the word 'great' back in to America, I always thought that the States were supposed to be united and it was Britain that was deluded into thinking that it was great.

Of all the candidates to me the only one who seems to talk sense is Bernie Sanders. In fact he's the only one who talks and does not shout and bluster. But don't worry, loyal citizens and voters, I am just a pinko limey.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 22, 2015, 3:45 pm

Jing Jing wrote:"America’s political and military mission in the post-cold-war era will be to ensure that no rival superpower is allowed to emerge in Western Europe, Asia or the territories of the former Soviet Union."

This is the policy advocated by both the Democratic and Republican parties. This has led the US to kill and murder thousands of individuals to advance this policy. So we get a candidate that is not following the script that has been handed to all the other candidates. Shame on the American voter who can't realize they have been mislead by the ruling elites [-X
I guess we should all blindly vote for Hillary since the elite want her!

The quote appears to be from 1992......a draft report written by Paul Wolfowitz and Lewis Libby for then Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney. Wolfowitz/Cheney......sounds really familiar. Lots of ideas endorsed by those folks.....like water torture......are no longer in vogue. Is the quote still valid today? I couldn't find any record of it, other than many many reports that go back to 1992......and continue to be quoted today.
Thank God for America, Dick Cheney is no longer a player in world politics.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » January 21, 2016, 10:00 pm

Trump can say what he wants because he doesn't owe anyone for his campaign. He says what he wants because it will also get him votes. Lots of Americans are tired, not only of PC, but of working half of the time for people who either don't want to work, or work off the books so someone else will have to pay their share. There are also lots who are tired of letting anyone who can stroll across the border get all the things for free that they and their ancestors worked so hard for. He probably doesn't stand a chance of winning because there are too many on the dole who want things the way they are now.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 28, 2016, 2:03 pm

I can't stand Cruz and during this campaign I've gone off Clinton. For me, Monica always made Bill a better President. Hillary doesn't get any Monica bounce.

I can't believe it. If I was an American I'd have to consider voting for Trump in November. Who the hell would be in a Trump cabinet? Clearly not Roger Ailes.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » January 28, 2016, 7:00 pm

trump for me all the way.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » January 28, 2016, 9:13 pm

MALC wrote:trump for me all the way.
I agree.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » January 28, 2016, 10:25 pm

too bad whomever gets elected won't be able to govern.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » January 29, 2016, 9:00 am

Are you a veteran?
I'll just leave this here.....

and here....
When It Comes To Veterans, Donald Trump's Rhetoric Is Much More Generous Than His Giving Record
Although he’s not going to get it, Donald Trump demanded $5 million from CNN this week to appear in the network’s next debate. The billionaire added that he would donate the money to veterans and the Wounded Warriors Foundation. That would be $4.94 million more than his charitable foundation has given veterans in recent years, Forbes found.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilycanal/ ... 1129ca6c9e
UFF DA!

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » January 29, 2016, 2:27 pm

So how much have the other wanabees donated????

Return to “U.S. Politics”