another motorbike death

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by timmy » March 24, 2016, 7:21 am

just seen on FB another man died on his motorbike early this morning 03.00 at Nong han , the guy was 43 year old
Roy freddy Storvik from Norway , his GF is in hospital not know how bad she,s hurt . from the fb photos he had a
good quality helmet still on after he hit some post at the side of the road ... RIP roy ....

bumper
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by bumper » March 24, 2016, 9:01 am

Sad they are dangerous even more so if have few drinks under your belt. I don't know that to be the case, But, I have noted last few have been very late at night or early in the morning. Not much t do around here at this ties except have few brews. all the safety equipment in the world doesn't guarantee you won't be injured.

Truly Sad. I hope his young lady recovers

Lone Star
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by Lone Star » March 24, 2016, 1:37 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by ting_tong » March 24, 2016, 1:57 pm

@timmy please post the FB link

ting_tong
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by ting_tong » March 24, 2016, 2:40 pm

never mind, yes its pretty gruesome

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by Khun Paul » March 24, 2016, 3:09 pm

The problem with driving at night is not down to alcohol and tiredness, although people do assume that to be the case and often they may be correct, it is also to do with other road users who also suffer from incapability and incompetence driving at any time other than 1200 midday.

Most motorcycle riders I know who are youngish ( as this guy was ) are fairly sensible, a whole load of mitigating circumstances , argument between rider and passenger, oncoming traffic high beam and blinding the rider, speed , road conditions ( poorly maintained often the case here I am afraid ) or other vehicles being bloody minded . There may very well have been alcohol involved but most who have good bikes tend to tyrteat their bikes with more care than those with a bulk standard Honda Click.
His death is tragic and that of his G/f her injuries may well stay with her for the rest of her life. So chaps a little compassion it would appear to be an accident maybe waiting to happen but in truth we may never know

parrot
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by parrot » March 24, 2016, 3:20 pm

Last night while driving home from an MK dinner....maybe 8PM.....on the udon-nongbualamphu hwy.....a double tractor trailer was going up the hill in the slow lane but had barely visible rear lights. I saw it in time....but not in a lot of time. Had I been distracted or impaired, I could have been toast.

Svein66
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by Svein66 » March 24, 2016, 4:53 pm

Someone have posted pictures from the accident on the guy`s Facebook account, making it look as he has posted them himself. That`s what family/friends woke up to this morning. The pictures seems to be taken from a computerscreen at an official office, maybe at the police. On the pictures he`s lying face down with the motorbike on top of him.
A horrible way to start the day for those who knew him. :shock:

tom07

another motorbike death

Post by tom07 » March 24, 2016, 7:34 pm

I try to avoid riding a bike at night and when I have to I go very slow.

[email protected]

another motorbike death

Post by [email protected] » March 24, 2016, 7:52 pm

I recently saw the pictures and heard the news myself, and I had to see if there were other sources to this aswell. I'm basically his son who he had blocked and just pushed away. I heard about this and saw the images myself and I found this forum short after. Some of you may know him better than I ever did myself, and I am pleased to know more about what happened to him.

[email protected]

another motorbike death

Post by [email protected] » March 24, 2016, 8:26 pm

timmy wrote:just seen on FB another man died on his motorbike early this morning 03.00 at Nong han , the guy was 43 year old
Roy freddy Storvik from Norway , his GF is in hospital not know how bad she,s hurt . from the fb photos he had a
good quality helmet still on after he hit some post at the side of the road ... RIP roy ....

Did you know my father? Do you have any more information about this? I'm really eager to know anything you might know about this... in case you reply, thanks a lot.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by FrazeeDK » March 25, 2016, 2:04 am

As I've grown older my night vision has deteriorated. So, I try not to drive at night, particularly in downtown Udon with its swarms of people whizzing around on their motorbikes...
Dave

can123
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by can123 » March 25, 2016, 5:11 am

Even as a young man I realised that night driving was dangerous. The differing intensities of other vehicles' headlights and rear lights, dependent on make and age, make it impossible to judge their speeds accurately even if one's eyesight is perfect. I avoid driving at night whenever possible whether I am in Thailand or the UK.

AlexO
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by AlexO » March 25, 2016, 10:35 am

FrazeeDK wrote:As I've grown older my night vision has deteriorated. So, I try not to drive at night, particularly in downtown Udon with its swarms of people whizzing around on their motorbikes...
Recently bought an ISUZU Dmax. The window shading is a Godsend during the day but an absolute nightmare at night, end up with side windows down just trying to see the road and hopefully the usual motorbikes wth defective headlights. How many Thai's do you see taking this amount of care.
That said, try very hard not to drive at night, even in the village as I have seen how much LC these guys drink in the daytime and then jump on their bikes, even our builders polish off a bottle at the end of the day before going home on their bikes.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

another motorbike death

Post by Lone Star » March 26, 2016, 11:57 am

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”