Scan for skin cancer

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Somchai499
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Somchai499 » March 24, 2016, 10:52 am

Good morning,

can anybody recommend a doctor, clinic or hospital in Udon that conducts a thorough scan for skin cancer?

Today, I heard about an newly released online risk assessment released by an Australian Skin Cancer Institute (as watched on Australia Plus) that got me worried.

Here is the link

http://qskin.qimrberghofer.edu.au/

Many thanks for your help!

sakem
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by sakem » March 24, 2016, 11:43 am

last year I had the same problem . keratoses on the skin of the head . completely solved with great service in Bangkok Hospital udon

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Charlieb » March 24, 2016, 1:57 pm

What doctor at Bangkok Hospital? When I asked they said they did not have a Dermatologist so I wound up going to Bumrungrad in Bangkok to have a lesion tested

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Somchai499 » March 25, 2016, 9:33 am

Went to Bangkok Hospital yesterday. They have no dermatalogist (any more ??), but were kind enough to give me a map and phone number of a Skin clinic. Located on the corner of Posri/Surakan rd, phone number 042 242 155

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Asiaphile » March 25, 2016, 10:31 am

I can highly recommend your namesake, Dr Somchai, discussed before in this topic. Go to him and save yourself plenty of bucks. He's an honest and knowledgeable dermatologist and speaks good English.

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Somchai499 » March 25, 2016, 11:18 am

Many thanks, will give Dr Somchai a try.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Charlieb » March 25, 2016, 5:41 pm

I have used Dr. Somchai for removing a lesion. However, Dr. Somchai does not do biopsies. After I had it checked in Bangkok and found it was benign, I had Dr. Somchai freeze it off.

wazza
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by wazza » March 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

To be honest you really need to get the biopsy tested asap, saves repeat visits, as well as a 2nd wound incision

Does this Dr Somchai use laser, or just liquid Nitrogen for removal of lesions ?

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Charlieb » March 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

I have only seen him use liquid nitrogen

caducus
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by caducus » March 27, 2016, 3:02 pm

It would seem very unlikely that there is nowhere in Udorn able to conduct a biopsy for skin-cancer.

I understand that a previous poster had a biopsy while in Bangkok, but can anyone let me know of an Udorn hospital that can do this?

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by Charlieb » March 27, 2016, 7:36 pm

You can get it done at the Khon Kaen University Hospital. Udon I don't know. I have looked and have found none.

mak
udonmap.com

Scan for skin cancer

Post by mak » March 28, 2016, 7:45 am

All the major hospitals will perform a biopsy. The pathology typically is done in KK or Bangkok. I believe Udon Hospital will do their pathology.

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Scan for skin cancer

Post by Barney » August 16, 2016, 3:40 pm

Have had a skin lesion on the back of my hand for to many years and as normal I neglected it. I was in Australia recently and had it checked at the local GP with Biopsy done. All clear, didn't have time in Sydney to go back and get it off, so just today had Dr Somchai treat it with his famous large cotton bud on a stick dipped in Liquid Nitrogen. Before I could tell him about the test in Australia he had already told me it was basal and not a problem, in other words did not offer a biopsy. I am not judging him as maybe he has seen so many of what I had he just knows. Will know in a week when the lesion should fall off and success is the result.
Cost
420 bht being
300 for the procedure with LN
120 bht for the small tub of cream to use after it falls off. Rub in 2 times a day.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » August 16, 2016, 6:11 pm

I have used the dermatologist at Wattana hospital. She only works Mondays at Wattana in Udon Thani. She speaks very good english.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » August 17, 2016, 3:44 am

I also went to Wattana and saw the lady dermatologist. She only had a flashlight and looked around on my noggin and said nothing looked bad except maybe one spot. Then went down to the surgery department and met with an elderly doc who I had seen four years prior for a different reason. He looked and said nothing really looked bad, and that us non-Thais folks have these skin discolorations but rarely are cancerous. Had him cut out a chunk anyway which was easy to do and one week later results came back negative. All total about 6k baht which ain't bad for peace of mind....if one believes lab results!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 17, 2016, 7:34 am

The skin cancer i had removed a few years ago wasnt visible to the naked eye. Magnified Surgical Lens picked it up whilst i had a lesion removed off my eye lid.

My dermatologist uses magnified googles as well as UV filtered lens.

I prefer to have the little blemishes i get every year removed by laser. LN doesnt go deep enough on some.

Laser is more expensive I accept. Not sure if available in Udon ?

The laser frequency used cortirises the lesion also so no bleeding after. Just look like a leppard for a few days.

Most of mine are around my eyes and face.

Too much time in the middle eh Barney

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 17, 2016, 3:05 pm

wazza wrote:The skin cancer i had removed a few years ago wasnt visible to the naked eye. Magnified Surgical Lens picked it up whilst i had a lesion removed off my eye lid.

My dermatologist uses magnified googles as well as UV filtered lens.

I prefer to have the little blemishes i get every year removed by laser. LN doesnt go deep enough on some.

Laser is more expensive I accept. Not sure if available in Udon ?

The laser frequency used cortirises the lesion also so no bleeding after. Just look like a leppard for a few days.

Most of mine are around my eyes and face.

Too much time in the middle eh Barney
I was a wicket keeper for 12 years so always covered but when it was my time to bat at No3 or 4 my eyes and face were always looking to the ground following the ball to the boundary not looking up in to the sun at the skied ball. :^o
As young blokes in Aussie land we never protected against the sun ( except a terry toweling hat and long hair) whether on the cricket field or on the surfboard getting smashed.
Hence a lot of sun cancer in our age group for us not so young and the really old farts.
Keep getting those skin checks lads.

lovycrop

Post by lovycrop » September 1, 2016, 5:12 pm

Thanks for sharing.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » February 3, 2017, 2:13 pm

Skin Cancer capital of the world, Queensland Australia, Slip slop Slap campain 37 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7nocIenCYg
https://cancerqld.org.au/news/queenslan ... the-world/
Master Builder

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 4, 2017, 11:03 am

just a bump and a good read about skin cancers

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-04/n ... ds/8495896

Return to “Health & Beauty”