New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
wazza
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by wazza » December 28, 2015, 6:01 am

dingdong wrote:It is interesting to note the last comment on the previous post, as if they can expedite for 1500 Baht then the wait is just a ploy to attempt to make the unsuspecting foreigner part with money for a service that in fact takes no more than a certain officers time in countersigning the paperwork and instructing the clerk to put on the stamp. I doubt if the passports ever leave the office.
Another way of conning money which in my book is blatant corruption , should that be said to me I will report it trust me. KhunPaul

This excerpt is from the Untied States Service for obtaining a Passport in a rush. $60 additional cost
"You can request expedited service by mail or apply in person. Generally, you will receive your passport in three weeks, or sooner, if you can show an urgent need. Expedited service will cost an additional $60, plus any delivery costs."

This excerpt is for obtaining a UK passport in a rush situation
"Cost

You’ll have to pay a non-refundable fee of £95 or the equivalent in local currency."

So what I can gather is that ALL Governments will put their hands into your pocket if you require a document in rush circumstances and not just the Thai Government Is this saying ALL Governments are "conning money which in my book is blatant corruption , should that be said to me I will report it trust me. KhunPaul"

Hope this helps
Ding
Ding

They issue receipts for those services for passport fast track.

Udon Immigration isn't ,and according to my latest Corporate Training I had on Bribery and Corruption, just 3 weeks ago, no receipt means its illegal. If my company was paying me for my passport and visa services and I paid the 1500 with no receipt. They could be charged, both in the US and UK if I claimed the 1500 on my expenses.

Even paying 1500 Baht for a " facility fee at an airport " etc is corrupt activity. but those who have commuted in Lagos, will know. No Pay, No Bag on Plane as you walk up the steps.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by thalenoi » January 5, 2016, 1:11 pm

dingdong wrote:It is interesting to note the last comment on the previous post, as if they can expedite for 1500 Baht then the wait is just a ploy to attempt to make the unsuspecting foreigner part with money for a service that in fact takes no more than a certain officers time in countersigning the paperwork and instructing the clerk to put on the stamp. I doubt if the passports ever leave the office.
Another way of conning money which in my book is blatant corruption , should that be said to me I will report it trust me. KhunPaul

This excerpt is from the Untied States Service for obtaining a Passport in a rush. $60 additional cost
"You can request expedited service by mail or apply in person. Generally, you will receive your passport in three weeks, or sooner, if you can show an urgent need. Expedited service will cost an additional $60, plus any delivery costs."

This excerpt is for obtaining a UK passport in a rush situation
"Cost

You’ll have to pay a non-refundable fee of £95 or the equivalent in local currency."

So what I can gather is that ALL Governments will put their hands into your pocket if you require a document in rush circumstances and not just the Thai Government Is this saying ALL Governments are "conning money which in my book is blatant corruption , should that be said to me I will report it trust me. KhunPaul"

Hope this helps
Ding
No it does not help.
There is even more work involved for all parties for a second visit.
There is zero work involved for immigration to make your first visit the final one, it has been so for the 13 previous extensions. So this definitively is nothing else than corruption, I also noticed no document stating the extra 1000B was given last year, so now they upped this to 1500 :shock:

And yes, in my country passports are produced centrally and take 8 working days, but you can get it in 3 working days by paying 200 euro extra, no thanks, I will always provide 10 days in my schedule and I vistit Udon every week, it' just a waist of time if you need wait for your turn with your ticket.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by hairyharry » January 5, 2016, 3:42 pm

Payment for express service is nothing new and certainly not restricted to governments. I don't understand the objections to it - you have a clear choice.

Theme parks such as Thorpe Park and Alton Towers do it - buy a fast track ticket and go to the front of the queue.
Pay extra for the front seat on the roller coasters.
If the fast track fee is published/advertised no problem for me. My choice, up to me.

I wish they did an official one at Non Khai on an out and in, rather than the under the radar taxi across and back. Queue and cheap or fast and pay. My choice, up to me.

They do one at Vientiane. An easy to obtain same day service if you are prepared to pay. Up to you. Wait/Overnight/ Entertainment or there and back in a day - financially about the same. Up to me.

The one I hate is the old passport to new visa transfer "fee". No gain for the punter - choice seems to be either tell the immigration officer where to stick it (risk making things difficult next time) or simply to pay (risk being taken for a mug). Not much choice. No clear benefit. But it's still up to me!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by FrazeeDK » January 5, 2016, 7:00 pm

submitted our annual retirement visa extension on the 23rd of December with the officer stamping the regular "request submitted" and telling us to return around 21 January. However we had to go in Monday the 4th of January for our dated "90 day" check-in. Mr. 90 day looked at our "request submitted" and said, "go see the visa officer".. The extensions were done and the officer (the younger lady) processed them quickly and efficiently. We went back in today to get our Multiple re-entry permits.. Again, everything done as quickly as possible (they must have at least six mandatory stamps not including dates plus manual logging of the transactions) and the appropriate fee was asked for..

From both visits it impresses upon me the lack of automation in the process.. multiple copies, numerous official stamps, plus a few entries into the computer system.. It sure would be nice if they improved their processing with a scanner and a printed visa extension and re-entry permit that could be adhesive into the passport..
Dave

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » March 23, 2016, 8:24 am

Can take action by filing an anonymous complaint to the National Anti Corruption Committee at the following address.

361 Nonthaburi Rd. (Sanambinnam Rd.)
Thasaai Distrcit
Amphur Muang
Nonthaburi, Thailand 11000

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » March 23, 2016, 5:43 pm

hairyharry wrote:Payment for express service is nothing new and certainly not restricted to governments. I don't understand the objections to it - you have a clear choice.

Theme parks such as Thorpe Park and Alton Towers do it - buy a fast track ticket and go to the front of the queue.
If the fast track fee is published/advertised no problem for me. My choice, up to me.

I wish they did an official one at Non Khai on an out and in, rather than the under the radar taxi across and back. Queue and cheap or fast and pay. My choice, up to me.

They do one at Vientiane. An easy to obtain same day service if you are prepared to pay. Up to you. Wait/Overnight/ Entertainment or there and back in a day - financially about the same. Up to me.

The one I hate is the old passport to new visa transfer "fee". No gain for the punter - choice seems to be either tell the immigration officer where to stick it (risk making things difficult next time) or simply to pay (risk being taken for a mug). Not much choice. No clear benefit. But it's still up to me!

The problem is that no-one least of all myself object to waiting, BUT not that long ago there was never a wait a Retirement Visa was stamped into the passport that same visit and returned duly completed. And for the life of me I have no idea why the wait now, unless internal investigations have uncovered a sinister side to the Immigration Office.

That is the real problem, double talk about checking disappears when money is produced so it is a SCAM nothing more nor less a way to get money for doing the job they are being paid for already. Understand for a new application but after years of same address etc. they are checking what. That I have not physically moved the house and that I have not committed a major international crime , beggars belief.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 23, 2016, 9:50 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
hairyharry wrote:Payment for express service is nothing new and certainly not restricted to governments. I don't understand the objections to it - you have a clear choice.

The problem is that no-one least of all myself object to waiting, BUT not that long ago there was never a wait a Retirement Visa was stamped into the passport that same visit and returned duly completed. And for the life of me I have no idea why the wait now, unless internal investigations have uncovered a sinister side to the Immigration Office.

That is the real problem, double talk about checking disappears when money is produced so it is a SCAM nothing more nor less a way to get money for doing the job they are being paid for already. Understand for a new application but after years of same address etc. they are checking what. That I have not physically moved the house and that I have not committed a major international crime , beggars belief.
It seems that the staff tea fund was running low. There are still immigration offices where there is no wait, same day, retirement extension of stay and no "fast (tea) track"
If there were a genuine fast track system you would get a receipt for all money payed.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » April 11, 2016, 8:27 am

Peter USNR wrote:Can take action by filing an anonymous complaint to the National Anti Corruption Committee at the following address. I have filed a written complaint.

361 Nonthaburi Rd. (Sanambinnam Rd.)
Thasaai Distrcit
Amphur Muang
Nonthaburi, Thailand 11000

wazza
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by wazza » April 11, 2016, 11:47 am

Did you receive any feedback from your communications ??

pal52
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by pal52 » April 11, 2016, 2:52 pm

wazza wrote:Did you receive any feedback from your communications ??
Would be very difficult to get feedback if the complaint was anonymous Wazza

fdimike
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by fdimike » April 11, 2016, 2:53 pm

No need to go there as there is a new NACC office here in UT now. It's located on the ring road just opposite Faroh Coffee/restaurant. It's a pretty large building with very large letters in English. Kind of hard to miss.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

pal52
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by pal52 » April 11, 2016, 5:16 pm

fdimike wrote:No need to go there as there is a new NACC office here in UT now. It's located on the ring road just opposite Faroh Coffee/restaurant. It's a pretty large building with very large letters in English. Kind of hard to miss.
So you can go to the office & do an anonymous complaint.

fatbob
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by fatbob » April 11, 2016, 6:39 pm

pal52 wrote: by pal52 » April 11, 2016, 2:52 pm

wazza wrote:
Did you receive any feedback from your communications ??

Would be very difficult to get feedback if the complaint was anonymous Wazza

Ha ha ha, thats the funniest thing I've read for age's, go Wazza go Roosters!!!! Rugby League's the winner :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » April 13, 2016, 6:59 am

Well went to Immigration yesterday the 12th, bumped into the 3 star chappie in charge ( literally ) who does have a sense of humour . Had had a nice chat and a laugh about me not Thai he not English sort of banter. had the stamp
( waited for one month ) placed into my passport , now good for another year.

In reality if you are not bothered about the waiting, there is no hassle, while I do not agree with the ' EXTRA ' fee, and unless there is a real need ( probably due to lack of planning on the applicants behalf ) it is no problem.

Like many others I have never felt that I had any problems, only once when they moved to the Airport and required a proof of living / permission / whatever , to live where I lived as the rightful Thai owner was overseas permanently , luckily her mother stepped in to clear the air. Even though I had a Yellow Book .
Since then narry a problem ,as I have always said , speak to them before a situation and you will find them quite helpful.

udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by 12345 » April 13, 2016, 10:14 am

Planning is everything. Just have to work the scams in on your schedule, when possible.

I went in to pick mine up about a week early, since going out of town, and gal said, come back on date stamped in PP. Told her I won't be here, and simply give me my paperwork back, and I'll submit it in BKK...... one moment..... stamped and signed, have a nice day.

samuel
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by samuel » April 13, 2016, 10:58 am

Khun Paul wrote:....as I have always said, speak to them before a situation and you will find them quite helpful.
wise words spoken.
=D>

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » April 18, 2016, 11:48 am

NACC Office is located in Government building near Amphur. Go in main entrance and turn left second Office.

I went there today and filed the complaint in person after going to Immigrations and they trying that BS on me for 1500 Baht more. They reacted very quickly talking with Bangkok, Udons Office and passport office. Officer from Passport office also calling Udons big boss about the 1500 Baht who was in Bangkok in a meeting. Low and behold told to return Udon Immigrations and get Visa renewed immediately no 30 day wait and no 1500 Baht.

Contrary to some as we say in America the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Also been assigned a personal contact to see every year.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » April 18, 2016, 11:50 am

fdimike wrote:No need to go there as there is a new NACC office here in UT now. It's located on the ring road just opposite Faroh Coffee/restaurant. It's a pretty large building with very large letters in English. Kind of hard to miss.
NACC's main office is located in Government Building near Amphur. Main entrance turn left 2nd office on left.

tutone
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by tutone » April 18, 2016, 5:08 pm

Peter USNR wrote:NACC Office is located in Government building near Amphur. Go in main entrance and turn left second Office.

I went there today and filed the complaint in person after going to Immigrations and they trying that BS on me for 1500 Baht more. They reacted very quickly talking with Bangkok, Udons Office and passport office. Officer from Passport office also calling Udons big boss about the 1500 Baht who was in Bangkok in a meeting. Low and behold told to return Udon Immigrations and get Visa renewed immediately no 30 day wait and no 1500 Baht.

Contrary to some as we say in America the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Also been assigned a personal contact to see every year.

There are, I think, several gov't office buildings in the area you mention. Could you describe which one has the NACC office? Thanks, in advance.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Brian Davis » April 18, 2016, 7:17 pm

Peter USNR wrote:.... Low and behold told to return Udon Immigrations and get Visa renewed immediately no 30 day wait and no 1500 Baht......
That seems further evidence to me that that it's just a con. I believe it's still only Udon that operates this system and the supposed necessary checks miraculously disappear when somebody makes a fuss.
Sadly, I bet your life it still continues with the uninformed paying up to the uniformed.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”