udonmap.com

EU in or out? Brexit: The Movie

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2016, 2:25 pm

Cameron resigns

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 24, 2016, 2:30 pm

Well, after being the sole creator of this mess & with huge problems now needing resolving, David Cameron resigns.

I can understand that maybe he feels someone else should have the huge head aches ahead, but it is all a Frankenstein of his creation.

God, please don't let that lunatic Boris take over.
Although he would get just about what Britain deserves from any negotiations with the EU...

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 24, 2016, 2:42 pm

Mr Fixer its wasn't just the financial state we are in, that cost this government to remain. The poorer got poorer and the rich toffs and Bankers got richer off the backs of the working class. The bankers still got there Millions in bonuses every year while the poorer queued at food banks because there benefits were cut that much. It took 10 years to extradite an extremist because he kept using the EU human rights law against the country that allowed him to live here with all the benefits for him and his 13 kids. All the immigrants in Europe now are openly fighting there way to gain entry to the UK, IN germany they are Raping woman as its there custom in the country they've come from. Sorry we have had enough of the EU telling us how to run our own Country. Our jails are filling up with illegal immigrants because we cannot kick them out of Britain because the EU tell us its against the law.We wanted to rule our own country and now we can.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2016, 2:53 pm

Looking forward to me new BRITISH ....... well probably England & Welsh passport :-k ..... I can be 6 ft 1in again and 10st 7 lbs.
Can we go back to buying 5lbs of tatas now and 8oz of butter?

Decimalisation was only to please the EU so we can now go back to Pounds Shillings and Pence as well \:D/

Funny how Scotland Northern Ireland & London were the only ones to vote IN :-k

Probably coz the immigrants can't afford to live in London and don't want to live in Scotland & Northern Ireland

Anyone notice a complete lack of Political Correctness on sky's reporting :shock: "White working class area" has to be somethingist doesn't it? :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 24, 2016, 3:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Cameron resigns
Yes this a shame and the sadest part of the whole result as IMO ..Britain doesnt have anyone of his quality n stature to take over the Tory party and the nation ...YES i would have voted out but i do actually think that DC is a dam good PM . This could lead to a tenuous leadership battle or an early general election which in all honesty would be a farce with the reincarnation of Michael Foot (Jeremy Corbyn) leading the labour opposition .

Carney BOE boss just chucked in 250 BILLION to shore up sterling so for now beers at The Tap remain unchanged :lol: :lol:

Engerland on its tod as looks like Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland could go to leave [-o< ??????? Ms Sturgeon lovin it .

This is DM reporting from some where near Udontani airport cracking open a bottle of Brut de Flanders beer champagne .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 24, 2016, 3:38 pm

He had to go given the nature of his campaign. The shxt that follows in the short term is largely Cameron and Osborne's fault. They scared the crap out of the planet. They warrant a special mention in hell. They never even thought about what might happen if they lose. Their words are biting many people on the arse. I'm tired of the EU.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 24, 2016, 4:03 pm

Hatred of immigrants, xenophobia, nationalism wins in the UK (well England (minus London) and Wales). Our IQ test next week Australia. Worrying times for progressive people.
Watch Me!!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 24, 2016, 4:20 pm

Yes I hate to think what is going to happen in Aus next week Lew I know I am off topic.

can123
udonmap.com

Post by can123 » June 24, 2016, 4:28 pm

Wales voted to leave so will not be leaving the UK any time soon.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

Talk that UK will now have to go back to Trading with their old Commonwealth Partners. NZ, Australia, Canada and India. May work out good for all of us in the long term ....

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » June 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

Did you know that the EU referendum is the biggest uprising against the people who run the UK since the Peasants Revolt in 1381 =D>
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » June 24, 2016, 4:33 pm

The sun came up this morning, the cows went in for milking and the milkman did his rounds.

"All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2016, 4:46 pm

Loved the fact that the best Nigel F and his UKID party could come up with was to talk about the weather and beating Screeming Lord Such at some long distant election ...... and people were actually daft enough to take notice of the joker :roll:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 24, 2016, 6:12 pm

What will happen over the next few months is uncertain. My guess is that the pound and stock market will rise a couple of percent and stabilise slightly. BUT after this everything will stagnate for months as no-one will want to invest until they know whats happening. Probably another recession. I would plan on needing an extra 100 GBP a month to live here for the next 2 years. Might be a few going home when their visa extensions due for renewal. Along with a lot of expats living in the EU.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2016, 6:23 pm

So what you are saying rick, is, if I'm reading it right ......... the void left by the working age immigrants who will not now be going to the UK to work or claim benefits, will be filled by retired expats who can longer afford to live in cheaper countries who are having to return home taking their debts and medical bills with them. That should help the NHS etc no end I'm sure.

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » June 24, 2016, 6:33 pm

marjamlew wrote:Hatred of immigrants, xenophobia, nationalism wins in the UK (well England (minus London) and Wales). Our IQ test next week Australia. Worrying times for progressive people.

You are way wide of the mark. This was a far more complex question than the media gave credit for - and as is usual, they focused on headline grabbing issues such as immigration and the economy. Immigration, not immigrants, as you claim, was just one of many issues that also included national sovereignty, not nationalism as you said.

The BBC have an interesting analysis of why the remain camp lost: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu- ... m-36574526 which is worth a read.

Had the remain camp set out from the start to explain the benefits of remaining in the EU and explained why those benefits outweighed the disadvantages instead of running a negative campaign that deteriorated into threats and bullying, the result might have been different. The referendum was there for the winning and the remain camp blew their opportunity.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 24, 2016, 6:39 pm

joepai wrote:Did you know that the EU referendum is the biggest uprising against the people who run the UK since the Peasants Revolt in 1381 =D>
Tend to agree that the leave vote represents a vote against the political elite. Support for Trump is a similar revolt of the commoners.

What I had not considered was Scotland's desire to remain within the EU, and Northern Ireland (who receive a lot of "peace" money, and many farming subsidies).

I dont know how things will pan out but now there is a possibility of am independent Scotland "remaining" within the EU, which could mean a controlled border with England.

And Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a border with a foreign country, the Republic of Ireland.

There is now the possibility of NI remaining part of the UK leading to a controlled border with Republic of Ireland, or alternatively Irish unification if the NI (particularly its farmers) wish to remain in the EU.

The Dublin-London corridor is the busiest transport corridor in the EU, and 2nd busiest in the world, with some 500 000 Irish living in Britain, and some 300 000 British living in Ireland.

If Scotland leaves there is no Britain. If Northern Ireland goes there is no UK.

I never imagined this could lead to the demise of Britain / UK or Irish reunification.

Unsure where this would leave Wales (a principality?)

But who knows where all this will lead.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 24, 2016, 7:28 pm

If Scotland, Ireland, and Wale's leave we will simply become England strong as ever. We had to take over our own Laws from Europe. What other country's laws are decided by another country ????.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 24, 2016, 7:37 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on October 18, 2019, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 24, 2016, 7:56 pm

vlad wrote:If Scotland, Ireland, and Wale's leave we will simply become England strong as ever. We had to take over our own Laws from Europe. What other country's laws are decided by another country ????.
I have no problem with the desire to retain control over one's own laws - probably a the key issue of the Brexit.

I simply state I had not considered the "unintended consequences" of this. I am an interested observer and tended to focus on the "big" arguments, say, open immigration versus controlled immigration. Or the trade relationship between Britain and the EU / world.

It was only after the vote did I realise the difference in view between Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.

The possible outcome of controlled borders between, say, a united Ireland and independent Scotland, both within the EU, and England, raises some questions on the cultural impacts this may have.

There has been "freedom of movement" between these entities for a long time and I wonder what cultural impacts this may have. Not to mention the impact it may have on, say, family relationships. There is a lot of inter-marriage within these entities - Scots are married to English, English to Irish, Irish to Northern Irish, and so on.

I wish Britain / England / Scotland well. I simply state I had not considered these possible outcomes.

Return to “U.K.”