'ow the 'ell did that 'appen

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2016, 7:50 am

After the disaster that was the last woman prime minister, the UK electorate at EVERY election has made sure that hormones and time of the month or colour and style of dress etc etc etc are never allowed to get in the way of running the country again ...........
Now, voted for by a whopping 00.0004% of the population Theresa May has been given what's left of the UK to destroy :evil: 'ow the 'ell was that ALLOWED to 'appen :fryingpan:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 12, 2016, 10:19 am

stattointhailand wrote:After the disaster that was the last woman prime minister, the UK electorate at EVERY election has made sure that hormones and time of the month or colour and style of dress etc etc etc are never allowed to get in the way of running the country again ...........
Now, voted for by a whopping 00.0004% of the population Theresa May has been given what's left of the UK to destroy :evil: 'ow the 'ell was that ALLOWED to 'appen :fryingpan:
Yeah,Statts I'm Also " Scratching My Head " in DISBELIEF :shock: :shock:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 12, 2016, 11:19 am

Not following British politics to closely...
have I got this correct or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The PM stood down after Brexit.
Mrs May has been endorsed by the same party without challenge to cover as PM.
She will lead them up to the next election and perhaps be challenged as party leader to face the electorate?
When is the next election?

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 12, 2016, 2:37 pm

747man wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:After the disaster that was the last woman prime minister, the UK electorate at EVERY election has made sure that hormones and time of the month or colour and style of dress etc etc etc are never allowed to get in the way of running the country again ...........
Yeah,Statts I'm Also " Scratching My Head " in DISBELIEF :shock: :sh Agreed

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 12, 2016, 7:45 pm

Barney wrote:Not following British politics to closely...
have I got this correct or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The PM stood down after Brexit.
Mrs May has been endorsed by the same party without challenge to cover as PM.
She will lead them up to the next election and perhaps be challenged as party leader to face the electorate?
When is the next election?
David Cameron was still going to be the PM until a new leader was elected by the Conservative Party.
Mrs May had 4 challengers for the post.Of these 2 were eliminated in the MP's voting system and 2 withdrew.
The next election has to be held before 7th May 2020,so possibly still a long way to go.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » July 12, 2016, 10:23 pm

I'm just relieved it wasn't the other woman, Andrea Leadsom. She seemed to be a Daily Mail 'Comments' section brought to life!

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » July 12, 2016, 11:16 pm

MrFixer wrote:I'm just relieved it wasn't the other woman, Andrea Leadsom. She seemed to be a Daily Mail 'Comments' section brought to life!
I was quite impressed with her for a split second. She said on the radio "I want the next PM to be a Leeds supporter". Took me a few moments to realise she said "leave supporter".

There was a total lack of a credible candidate and a safe pair of hands in Ms May really was the only alternative. She reminds me of Gordon Brown in a dress!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2016, 6:43 pm

Looks more like one of the Monty Python team in a dress :yikes:

Glad I'm not a political reporter ..... just imagine Vicars daughter May & vicars daughter Merkel having a working lunch :-k Who's turn to say grace :roll:

Theresa's first cabinet meeting

Theresa "We have a problem"
Aid "What?"
Theresa" Never mind"
Aid "What sort of problem?"
Theresa " Nothing"
Aid "Please tell us"
Theresa " I'm fine"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2016, 7:11 pm

Concern at Westminster as there are suggestions that Theresa May's new cabinet may not be 100% in favour of brexit [-X
How to confuse OT.jpg
London's middle classes prepare for another night of freedom from the EU
East End.jpg
Britain's General Post Office replacing phone boxes onto street corners as millions of brits can't afford a personal phone anymore 8-[
Early mobile phone.jpg
Early mobile phone.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
East Coast main line engineering works team somewhere in yorkshire
Engineering work.jpg
Engineering work.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
And finally Theresa May awakening from her slumbers tomorrow morning :-"
crocs.jpg

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 14, 2016, 1:42 am

If ever there was a time to go to the country then now would be it as Labour can't even get their own act together.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 14, 2016, 8:08 am

Boris's quotes on international leaders coming back to haunt him as Foreign Secretary.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2016, 8:21 am

Sateeb wrote:If ever there was a time to go to the country then now would be it as Labour can't even get their own act together.
Looks like a possible landslide for the newly formed Euro party :lol:

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 15, 2016, 12:58 am

With Britain fast becoming the world's laughing stock, Court Jester Boris is absolutely the right man for the job.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 15, 2016, 1:22 am

As Foreign Secretary Boris will be in charge of MI6, demands meeting with 007:

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/13/boris-j ... ames-bond/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 15, 2016, 7:05 am

Rubbish Boris if you will he is able to talk in several languages and he has a not only a quick wit, but also a very quick mind , a very intelligent bumbling fool he portrays himself as, but he has the ability to get to the point quickly and is decisive in his actions. Something I feel that other countries will come to know at their peril .100% British , something we have missed over the years, he will say it as it is.

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Post by kulsungkham » July 15, 2016, 8:08 am

Its not hard to rubbish him...

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (born 19 June 1964) in the Upper East Side, New York City, New York, United States recently renounced his US citizenship, removing a potential obstacle to him becoming British prime minister. However, his real priority was to avoid paying more to the US tax authorities, after he was recently forced to settle a large capital gains tax bill. A typical Tory trying to avoid paying tax.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » July 15, 2016, 10:26 am

He might prove popular with that Thai's ...one of his 'Borisisms'.... "Orientals ... have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole". Which we all know to be true, of course... ;-)
At least it shows Mrs May has a sense of humour. I recall not long ago she said that "last time Boris negotiated with the Germans he came back with three secondhand water cannon". These were the water cannon that the London police didn't want and couldn't be manouvered down many London streets. I believe they've now been sold on.
On the subject of languages, Boris claims of speak German. I have heard Boris attempt to speak German and as a fluent speaker of German I would assess his ability somewhere around 'schoolboy' level. I think he may be prone to overestimating has abilities....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2016, 11:55 am

Khun Paul wrote:Rubbish Boris if you will he is able to talk in several languages and he has a not only a quick wit, but also a very quick mind , a very intelligent bumbling fool he portrays himself as, but he has the ability to get to the point quickly and is decisive in his actions. Something I feel that other countries will come to know at their peril .100% British , something we have missed over the years, he will say it as it is.
Well you just about got EVERY statement there WRONG KP ......... Didn't know thet Lies & Bulls*it were now classed as foreign languages :-" (must be a new Brexit decision). BTW he will say it as HE WANT's IT TO BE, which is usually far far away from "as it is" [-X

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 16, 2016, 3:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:Rubbish Boris if you will he is able to talk in several languages and he has a not only a quick wit, but also a very quick mind , a very intelligent bumbling fool he portrays himself as, but he has the ability to get to the point quickly and is decisive in his actions. Something I feel that other countries will come to know at their peril .100% British , something we have missed over the years, he will say it as it is.
I do hope for Britain's sake that your assessment of Boris is correct. He is certainly charismatic and not lacking in intelligence but the question is what does his buffoonery mask? Personally, I find his veneer of bumbling affability a cause for concern. Time will tell I suppose.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 16, 2016, 8:51 am

Certainly there must be some historical precident for bumbling baffoons getting involved in foreign affairs. Kasit Piromya comes to mind......but he's small potatoes compared to the foreign influence that boric might have.
When you're in delicate negotiations, saying it like it is behind closed doors is one thing........but publicly is quite another.

Return to “U.K.”