Archery

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
parrot
udonmap.com

Archery

Post by parrot » June 15, 2016, 4:01 pm

If you've tired of the ice-skating rink in Udon and are looking for a way to vent some frustration, take a look at the newest venue in town:
https://www.facebook.com/Udonarchery/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Archery

Post by Khun Paul » June 15, 2016, 4:08 pm

Been there run and owned by a friend of mine , interesting and certainly makes you use your arm and shoulder muscles.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Archery

Post by Brian Davis » July 21, 2016, 6:25 pm

Recently spent a few fun hours there with my holidaying sons and recommend you visit, sporty or not. I’m sure there are some serious archers who go, perhaps with their own bows, but the majority I imagine just to ‘give it a go’.
The place is apparently run by related families. Initially, I had spoken to Pear, subsequently her cousin? Ant and sister? Jan, who gave us instruction on the day, all with excellent English (and rather lovely with it!). Hire of the equipment and initial instruction (including safety) costs, if I recall, 250 baht, then it’s just 60 baht an hour thereafter. Jan was great with offering guidance on use of the bow, to use the sight or not etc. The targets seem far too close first of all, but that’s really only until you get the ‘hang of it’. The staff will push them back as you wish later. All conducted with a sense of humour, not least when we missed targets altogether and I totally miscued and landed an arrow on my son’s target! Experienced archers can, of course, miss the instruction bit.
We stayed for lunch in, my opinion, the smart restaurant. There were nice touches in the presentation of food and drink and the cost seemed about average. Jan explained that the venue had only been open a couple of months and things were still being developed, particularly the kitchen. She’s aware of the need to have e.g. the menu and advertising in English and would, I’m sure, welcome opinions and suggestions. Incidentally, seems enough car parking and apparently even younger children can have a go, as Ant advised small bows are available.
Certainly worth a visit for this different kind of initiative in Udon.

Photos etc. on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Udonarchery/?fref=ts

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Archery

Post by Khun Paul » July 22, 2016, 6:44 am

yes excellent place and the instructors, just going for them is bonus I must say. Wichai one of the owners speaks reasonable English,. not always there , but took my joke about kitchen very seriously . That will be done I am assured then a days exercise and feasting can start. Agree with you BD a different venue and a bit of excitement as well.

BLT
udonmap.com

Re: Archery

Post by BLT » August 23, 2016, 1:13 pm

This sounds like fun! I never thought of myself as a serious archer, but I am pretty good. It's a great meditative skill.

Do they sell bows?

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » August 29, 2016, 10:04 am

I clicked on the Facebook link, but then something came up in Thai to cover it up. Where exactly is this place and when is it open? Glad to see new entertainment venue in Udon and hope people will support it.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 29, 2016, 5:08 pm

I clicked on the Facebook link and no problems.

Anyway, the location is about half way along Soi Nongbua. That's the road running from Phosi Rd (the other side of the road to Nongbua Market) through to the ring road, south of Global and Premium Outlet, coming out alongside the temple. Udon Map Ref. BB18 would be about where it is.

The telephone number I have is 0956478749 and you should be able to talk to an excellent English speaker.

I believe it's open every day from 1100 hours into the evening and understand most people tend to come later in the day.

The hire of bows is in the cost. Jan did tell me the bows used are from Korea and cost about 6,000 baht, but check with her. I gained the impression they could supply to you, if you were that keen.

As i said, I found it different and fun.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 29, 2016, 6:17 pm

milkman wrote:I clicked on the Facebook link, but then something came up in Thai to cover it up.
That is Facebook asking you to login
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 4, 2016, 12:48 pm

I took my first lesson today had fun. Nice people
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2016, 2:19 pm

bumper wrote:I took my first lesson today had fun. Nice people

Never thought of you as one of the "Robin Hood men in tights" type bumper :-"

George4

Post by George4 » November 21, 2016, 1:16 pm

An absolute must for me when I move to Ban Dung next year

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 22, 2016, 6:19 pm

Me neither did I much better with a pistol. But, I enjoy it doing once a week now. \:D/
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”