Re: Anyone use taxi meter?

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 2:18 pm

CvOYn7TWIAAIstk.jpg

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » October 21, 2016, 2:24 pm

747man wrote:CvOYn7TWIAAIstk.jpg
Oh no 747 I thought scousers didn't touch that dirty scum RAG they call a newspaper :mad:
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 2:33 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
Oh no 747 I thought scousers didn't touch that dirty scum RAG they call a newspaper :mad:
No Dezz, I Pasted & Copied off Twitter, Posted by A London CAB Driver....

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » October 21, 2016, 2:55 pm

747man wrote:
dezzer111 wrote:
No Dezz, I Pasted & Copied off Twitter, Posted by A London CAB Driver....
Phewwwww had me worried for a minute mate ;)
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 2:57 pm

CvRp4OTWgAAioLb.jpg

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 21, 2016, 3:22 pm

Don't give a rat's................. BUT ......... If UBER is only accused of 32 assaults, then the other cabbies must have committed the other assaults of the 126 or 154 sexual assaults..........making UBER a bit safer....???

Kind of a mute subject, since most sexual assaults are from people the victim knows, so not high on the danger area lists.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 3:35 pm

Matey, The Other Sexual Assaults / Rapes were carried out by PRIVATE HIRE Drivers, NOT Licenced CAB Drivers !!! Only 1 CAB Driver has ever been charged with Rape in London,His Name was Warboys & He Committed Suicide when found out....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 4:22 pm

News UK News Uber
Uber driver 'drove away after spotting visually-impaired passenger had guide dog'
06:56, 21 OCT 2016 UPDATED 07:27, 21 OCT 2016
BY JOSH PARRY
The popular taxi app has said it is investigating the alleged incident which Claire Currie, from Liverpool, says made her late for a hospital appointment

Liverpool EchoClaire Currie, from Allerton, with her guide dog, Purdey. Claire was refused access to an Uber cab after the driver spotted that she had a guide dogClaire Currie says her fare was refused because of guide dog Purdey

An Uber driver is under investigation after allegedly driving away from a passenger when he spotted she had a guide dog.

Claire Currie, from Liverpool, was taking her daughter to an appointment at Alder Hey Children's Hospital when she booked a car on the popular taxi app.

But the mum-of-four says when the driver arrived he noticed guide dog Purdey and cancelled the journey.

The former teacher, who has a genetic condition leaving her with only extremely limited vision, said she was left feeling shaken by the incident.

She told the Liverpool Echo : “I have a condition which means my vision is extremely restricted - it’s the equivilant of looking through two straws - so I like to use the app as it’s really accessible.

“We’ve been refused access to taxis before now, but I’ve never experienced it with Uber. Usually drivers are really helpful and they’ll move the seat back to make space for the dog and make sure that everyone is comfortable.

Liverpool EchoClaire Currie, from Allerton, with her guide dog, Purdey. Claire was refused access to an Uber cab after the driver spotted that she had a guide dogClaire Currie said it's the first time she's experienced the problem with Uber
“On this occasion though he just drove off - it’s really disheartening. The reason you get a guide dog is so that you can get your independence back and get your life back, and situations like this do knock your confidence.

“Purdey is my third guide dog, and it’s down to them that I’ve been able to be so independent. They really are life changing so it’s so upsetting when somebody tries to take that away from you.”

Claire’s 15-year-old daughter has the same condition - leaving Mrs Currie worried the event will knock her confidence.

She said: “My daughter’s vision is fine at the moment, she struggles in the dark but is mostly fine - but her condition will get worse over time and eventually she will have very limited vision like me.

“I try to lead by example and show her that she can be independent but I worry that situations like this will knock her confidence and worry her for the future.

“In the past when I’ve been refused from taxis she’s been the one to stick up for me, but I worry that she wouldn’t stick up for herself in the same way.”

Liverpool EchoClaire Currie, from Allerton, with her guide dog, Purdey. Claire was refused access to an Uber cab after the driver spotted that she had a guide dogClaire Currie said the refusal made her late for a hospital appointment
Uber bosses say they are investigating the report - and added that any driver who is found to refuse a service animal will “permanently lose access to the Uber app.”

An Uber spokesperson said: “It’s totally unacceptable for drivers to refuse to take a guide dog and we are investigating this report. Licensed private-hire drivers must carry service animals in their vehicle and we remind all drivers of this legal obligation before they start using the Uber app.

"Any driver who is found to have refused to take a service animal will permanently lose access to the Uber app and risks having their private hire licence taken away.”

Lynette Proctor, engagement officer for Guide Dogs Liverpool said: “It is incredibly disappointing to hear about Claire’s experience. This is the first access refusal we have had from an Uber driver in our area.

Liverpool EchoClaire Currie, from Allerton, with her guide dog, Purdey. Claire was refused access to an Uber cab after the driver spotted that she had a guide dogUber has said it is investigating the alleged incident
“Shockingly, for people living with sight loss being refused access to a taxi or private hire vehicle because they are accompanied by a guide dog happens far too often.

“It’s not only illegal, it knocks people’s confidence and stops them doing the everyday things that most people take for granted.

“At Guide Dogs we want tougher sentences for drivers who turn away assistance dog owners.”

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » October 21, 2016, 6:51 pm

This thread seems to have moved from Taxi Meter in Udon to Uber.
I remember the first taxi meter in Udon.
It was started by a Thai man named Mr G ?? who operated out of Top Mansion.
He had 2 taxis & every ride was on the meter.
The only problem was he could not keep up with amount of people who wanted to use them.
The Tuk Tuk drivers then complained they were losing business as his fares were cheap 30 baht for the first Km.
Then suddenly he was put out of business & more & more meter taxis appeared on the scene.
The Meter was then only put on for journeys inside the Ring road.
It appears it has now has advanced to no Meter used only quotes for fares.
Can anyone else remember the start of Meter Taxis in Udon.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 7:10 pm

There are Now Meter Taxis in Nong Khai also, But I've only used one ( Taxi No 10 ) For a Journey from Udon Airport which my friend had pre-booked for me,He Did'nt engage the meter but was VERY Fair with his quote Right to my Front Door for 700 Baht....With Loads of Luggage...

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 21, 2016, 8:14 pm

pal52 wrote:This thread seems to have moved from Taxi Meter in Udon to Uber.
I remember the first taxi meter in Udon.
It was started by a Thai man named Mr G ?? who operated out of Top Mansion.
He had 2 taxis & every ride was on the meter.
The only problem was he could not keep up with amount of people who wanted to use them.
The Tuk Tuk drivers then complained they were losing business as his fares were cheap 30 baht for the first Km.
Then suddenly he was put out of business & more & more meter taxis appeared on the scene.
The Meter was then only put on for journeys inside the Ring road.
It appears it has now has advanced to no Meter used only quotes for fares.
Can anyone else remember the start of Meter Taxis in Udon.
Definitely remember the very first ones showing up. Part of, if not the reason I had a long 'vacation' from UM............ :lol:

September-ish 2009

Remember the very first one, and think I saw one in the # 80s the other day. Took a while for the first 20 to get here.

Nov 10, 2009 they had only 10, with 3 more arriving the next month.

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » October 22, 2016, 12:55 am

Everyone in the whole wide world knows that taxi drivers are going to cheat you if they can. You have to be very cautious with taxi drivers, they will run you around on indirect routes to maximize the fare, turn the meter off, add on non-applicable "add ons", over charge you, talk a load of BS and lies to gain your confidence, are deceitful and horrible people out to rob you, and God helps you if you happen to leave something behind by mistake, right 747?
OT makes a point of puking up in the cab if I'm drunk.

OT.......... \:D/

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 22, 2016, 4:55 pm

Let's be honest............taxi drivers don't exactly have the best reps, worldwide. Considering what many complain about in Thailand, taxis are near the top of the lists. Personally, I think BKK taxis are great, honest, and take the fastest, most efficient routes, besides damn inexpensive. All the years of using, and only one went with the 'tour route' which he didn't get paid for.

Same with NY cabbies, and a crap rep. So many rapes in London / UK, that certainly can't help their rep. Not sure about elsewhere, but I know in Philly, if you're unskilled, uneducated or lazy, well, cab companies are always hiring. Not really a slant, just the way it is. Not exactly a skilled trade.

IMHO.

I've only used them in Philly, rarely, as drivers seem to be from the low rung of the work force, ignorant, arrogant, and overpriced. Mexico City, extensively and great, same as Krung Thep. Long ago, if you could get one, and use the meter, though only a couple times needed from the airport and return, but had good luck in Phuket, though hear things have changed much since then.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 22, 2016, 6:01 pm

I Wish to know why my Reply to The Old Timer has been Deleted,I Only posted The TRUTH !!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 22, 2016, 6:06 pm

12345, The Rapes you mention in you're post Have NOT been committed by London TAXI Drivers, But by PRIVATE Hire Drivers....End Of !!! Not A Skilled Job,'Eh ?? It takes a LOT of Knowledge to be a Taxi Cab Driver with all the STRESS We Go Through,Infact it IS One of the MOST Stressful Jobs on the Planet, Thank you for you're Comments,But PLEASE Get you're facts correct BEFORE You post in Future....Thank You !!!

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » October 22, 2016, 8:33 pm

747man wrote:Taxi Cab Driver with all the STRESS We Go Through,Infact it IS One of the MOST Stressful Jobs on the Planet, !
Is this the joke thread?
I don't think driving around is stressful at all, only if your late for a meeting or event or something else important and the traffic jams are causing further delay.Probably stressful for a cabby if he has not managed to rip someone off all day and boost his income.
And another thing, anyone taking a cab should try and have the correct money to pay for the fare as another taxi drivers trick is to short change you and F off.
OT got a taxi the other day and the driver said he wouldn't put the meter on because it was rush hour!, I told him no meter, no fare to pay and with that he switched the meter on.

OT............. \:D/

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 22, 2016, 8:40 pm

Yes, being on the road, all day, as I use to play truck driver, over the road, and city deliveries, can be extremely stressful, especially if on a time schedule, which most cabbies aren't. Driving inner city, all day, simply isn't for some people, simply don't have the mental temperament, and stress themselves out.

Skill.........driving a car, really............something most do before even legal to have a license, not much needed there. In the past, yes, knowing the city, almost a talent, but with Nav Apps, any idiot can get from point A to point B.

I even drive in Krung Thep now, with the rest of the idiots, something I wouldn't bother with before Google Map or Here Apps. Actually starting to get to know my way around. Though think the old paper maps are better on the learning curve, as actually takes some thought. Apps are great though, as they know all the one way sois, and avoid a lot of U-turns, as if there aren't enough already here with screwing up.

Things must be different if considered a skilled career in London / UK, as in the states, nobody wants the job, and those who don't have a skill and can't get a decent job, become cabbies, and usually till they find something else. Now, I think it's a preferred occupation for immigrants, if entertainment TV is anything to go by.

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » October 22, 2016, 8:50 pm

The average taxi driver in the uk is probaby 7/8 stone overweight ,bald , boring smells like a warm horse ,and a IQ of a bag of Quavers

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 22, 2016, 11:05 pm

old timer wrote:
747man wrote:Taxi Cab Driver with all the STRESS We Go Through,Infact it IS One of the MOST Stressful Jobs on the Planet, !
Is this the joke thread?
I don't think driving around is stressful at all, only if your late for a meeting or event or something else important and the traffic jams are causing further delay.Probably stressful for a cabby if he has not managed to rip someone off all day and boost his income.
And another thing, anyone taking a cab should try and have the correct money to pay for the fare as another taxi drivers trick is to short change you and F off.
OT got a taxi the other day and the driver said he wouldn't put the meter on because it was rush hour!, I told him no meter, no fare to pay and with that he switched the meter on.

OT............. \:D/
This WILL Also be Deleted......But YOU Really DO Talk through You're RECTUM.....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 22, 2016, 11:08 pm

Things must be different if considered a skilled career in London / UK, as in the states, nobody wants the job,...It Takes on Average 3/4 Years to do the Knowledge of London....That's All I Have to add.....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”