Best earphones for travel?

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
dragontail1008

Best earphones for travel?

Post by dragontail1008 » November 18, 2016, 1:21 pm

Any suggestions for a nice earphones thats durable for traveling?

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Re: Best earphones for travel?

Post by karonsteve » November 20, 2016, 8:37 am

I bought a set of Audiance A2 for this trip. Very good sound quality and they block out 90% of external sounds with the added bonus of not annoying anyone who doesn't want to listen to your music.
Under GBP15 on E-Bay.

dragontail1008

Earbuds buying advice?

Post by dragontail1008 » December 23, 2016, 9:39 am

Any thoughts about the best earbuds?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 23, 2016, 12:02 pm

I bought a set of fairly expensive Sony earbuds. They came with three different size ear pieces. One very noticeable thing is that the cables are very flexible and obvious high quality. I prefer them to the Apple funny shaped earbuds that came with my iPod. Also better than the Samsung earbuds that come with high end phones. Those cables seem to be plastic coated rather than rubber coated and that makes the cables seem too stiff.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 23, 2016, 1:02 pm

In Phuket I got a pair of fake beats rechargeable Bluetooth headphone.very good sound,haven't fallen to bits and only 700b.might be able to find them around the city night market.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 23, 2016, 5:57 pm

I bought a set of fake Beats in ear buds a couple of years back from MBK in Bangkok. Only B500 & cracking jobs. Good sound quality & came with 3 sizes of bud so they nestle perfectly in the ear. Mrs N says she can't hear that annoying tsk, tsk tsk when shes next to me & more importantly, I can't hear her \:D/ .
They've got a really long cable so you can keep your phone of ipod safe in a pocket & its flat so never seems to tangle up which is a bonus
For just B500 it doesn't really matter if I lose them or break them when travelling but they seem to be lasting okay so far
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

BJS
udonmap.com

Post by BJS » December 24, 2016, 4:49 am

Fake beats...for me also.
500 baht. And 3 years old, still good.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 25, 2016, 12:35 pm

The best value for money travel headphones are the audio techinica ATH-ANC7b they are over the ear noise cancelling headphones as good as the Bose but at half the price.

In ear NC don't work,
on ear NC may work but squash your ears
over the ears are the most effective and the audio-technica QuietPoint are the best value for money of them all.

I've just bought my 3rd set, 1 for SWMBO, 1 for me for flying and another for the 10 hours a week I spend commuting on the Japanese trains.

YMMV
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 25, 2016, 12:57 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:The best value for money travel headphones are the audio techinica ATH-ANC7b they are over the ear noise cancelling headphones as good as the Bose but at half the price.
STW,
Where you buy from & how much?
Thanks
mick

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 25, 2016, 2:43 pm

mickojak wrote:
sometimewoodworker wrote:The best value for money travel headphones are the audio techinica ATH-ANC7b they are over the ear noise cancelling headphones as good as the Bose but at half the price.
STW,
Where you buy from & how much?
Thanks
mick
I got my last set from amazon Japan at about half the price of the first set I bought.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

¥11,380
IMG_9891.JPG
Or about 3,500 baht

I will never voluntarily fly without them, they permit me to have the volume on the flight entertainment system at about 4 without them I need it at about 8. They also get rid of 90% of the jet noise

http://www.trustedreviews.com/audio-tec ... nes-review
During the flights I had the misfortune to be parked right behind the wing, and with noise-cancelling switched off there was precious little chance of hearing anything worth listening to even with my source switched up to full.
With the switch duly flicked, the situation was very different. The jet noise was mostly cancelled out, and while some vestigial rumble and outside chatter came through, it was reduced to a very manageable, quiet background hum. In fact, I was able to listen to quiet orchestral passages from Wagner’s Tristan and Isolde without any difficulty – always a good sign.
In Thailand you can get them from Thomas http://i.nvade.it/63a At invadeit.co.th though they cost a bit more here

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 26, 2016, 8:36 am

Thanks
mick

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 26, 2016, 11:26 am

Bose. In ear or.over the ear.

Travelled with them for over 10 years.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2016, 11:51 am

wazza wrote:Bose. In ear or.over the ear.

Travelled with them for over 10 years.
I used the Bose over the ear ones before switching to audio-technica, sound quality, for me, is identical at less than half the price. I haven't tried the in ear from Bose but the Sony ones just don't work at all.
The 2 drawbacks of the Bose were if the battery was dead then so were the headphones, that wasn't so bad, the big one was the cost of replacing the ear pads at ฿1,400 a pair. The ATH ear pads are ฿360

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 26, 2016, 1:21 pm

The other significant consideration for In Ear units is the anatomy of your external ear canal. All are different so the ear pieces may not fit correctly but the user thinks the poor quality is the unit itself.

How many consumers try all the ear pieces to make sure the noise cancelling is effective.

The Industry standard for serious ear pieces is SURE.

But again price.

Every year I get my AC/DC syndrome tested by the Audiologist in BKK for my work medical. We both laugh.

Rule of thumb for in ear units is. If you can hear someone elses music then its too loud for the user.

Jack2nail

Re: Earbuds buying advice?

Post by Jack2nail » February 12, 2019, 1:31 pm

dragontail1008 wrote:
December 23, 2016, 9:39 am
Any thoughts about the best earbuds?
https://www.toppctech.com/best-iem-under-300/ This buying may find the top earbuds for you.. :D

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 12, 2019, 3:41 pm

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”