New hotel?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Chuchi
udonmap.com

New hotel?

Post by Chuchi » December 3, 2016, 7:55 am

I've been told the cleared plot of land next to the water office at nong prajak park its to become a hotel, does anybody have anymore information?

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: New hotel?

Post by lassebasse » December 3, 2016, 8:55 am

It will be called V-Residence and be some kind of apartment hotel:

If someone could tell me how to upload images I could share the information given to neighbours.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » December 3, 2016, 9:00 am

Much appreciated

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » December 3, 2016, 10:26 am

I do believe posting about non sponsor hotels would be the same as posting about non sponsor restaurants.......wouldn't exactly be fair to the sponsors.

Just sayin......

Along with ''Today's shopping tip" as sponsor vendors offer grocery items also.

Consistency.......

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 3, 2016, 10:55 am

what , you mean we can only brag about sponsors?...
thought they paid to advertise, not have sole exclusive rights to the whole show.
its a forum after all.
to be honest, the sponsors have just about taken over UM in recent times..
you really have to search for a non sponsor thread these days.
sponsors we need, yes I understand, run many a club, organisation in my day..
maybe UM can enlighten me as to what sponsors are entitled too under their contract..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 3, 2016, 11:28 am

Both our Businesses are paying sponsors of UM and we use the site as a notice board as well as advertise what we sell , specials promos opening closing etcetc , we pay for the banner and get the thread included , all members and guests can choose to click on any particular thread and read or just avoid / ignore...

The way we utilise UM most definately works for us and some paying sponsors choose to post more than others and in a different style their choice .....as for sponsors taking over the forum ... thats still open to debate .... without a single sponsor UM would be ... ???

Noted ...Of the 32 recent threads on the home page 10 can be classed as sponsor threads with 22 falling outside that area and include general issues , advice seeking , sports and other .....a fair balance IMO .

Just sayin .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 3, 2016, 12:49 pm

Rodger that...
perhaps in my early days here on UM, sponsors did not promote themselves as much as today, and my use of the term of ' taking over ' is just them now highlighting themselves, and their business more.....and perhaps there is less ' general talk ' as some of the older gas bags have regrettably passed on.....

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 3, 2016, 1:13 pm

I agree with Mr Maaka...I also got the impression that the sponsors had taken over, I feel that the forum has lost several old timers whose contributions made the backbone of this forum.

I think that i never visited any Udmap sponsor s premise so when i post my intention is to help serve the members,for instance recently there has been a topic/discussion about roasted chicken, yesterday i came across a new roast-chicken supplier, info that i have yet shared with the members. Maybe it would compete with some UDONMAP sponsors, maybe not i don t know and i don t care, i will post it later today for the sole benefit of the members which should come first.

If and when UDONMAP should remove one of my post such as the ones on << This week shopping deal >> i would simply close my account and move on. Most info on the UDFORUM can be obtained on other sites,,, would the UDONMAP sponsors be able to reach their target LOCAL clientele via forums located hundreds of km away ??
An expat based Forum like this one should be first and foremost an EXCHANGE platform.....

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » December 3, 2016, 2:46 pm

Personally, I find it a little sad that expats choose to ignore fellow expats who choose to run businesses here.

I had to really twist my wifes arm to sponsor as our customers are almost exclusively Thai. Frankly we don't expect to sell anything here, not because Udonmap is a poor sponsorship medium but because of our geographical location and the nature of our product.

My rationale was that we wanted to help and advise people as, over the years, we had seen many motor cycle related questions where falangs needed assistance. If we got customers and raised our profile in the process then, that's a bonus. I see this as being no different to other sponsors offering imported beer, sausages or whatever that you cannot get elsewhere. Its a service as well as a business

Since being a sponsor I have responded to many posts and PMs from people with questions. In fact, I suspect that at least one was a competitor testing our prices - so be it!!

I know very few of our fellow sponsors but find the information on their threads beneficial and try to support them wherever possible.

Up to you if you choose to ignore the sponsors but there is just the chance that you will miss out.

It seems that we have hijacked this thread btw so, if anyone wants to continue the discussion then, maybe start a new thread!

Have a good weekend!

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » December 3, 2016, 3:29 pm

NO .....Bob....I'm not posting just to be 'disruptive'..as you suggest, so no need to put me on 'approval waitlist'.... :lol:

Remember, nothing on the internet is private.

That was an actual query as to the inconsistent moderation. Hotel sponsors, but yet, a non sponsor talked about in open forum.

I know there is a 'members' review for 'eats'

Just pointing out the inconsistency of moderation. T-Bar, TAP, Fuzzy, PapaFarang have dry good, groceries, but yet, tops makro t/l have their specials on open forum. Really not fair to them when they are sponsors, and the chains aren't, but getting free advertisement.

Solution......don't have one.........just an observation.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 3, 2016, 3:40 pm

Then sorry LA I just don't see where there is an inconsistency.

You agree that non Sponsor reviews of eating places are allowed.
Topps, The Royal Project & Tesco (all non Sponsors) regularly appear on the 'hot deals' thread.
If anyone asks for Hotel advice they get it - irrespective of sponsorship.

Where is the inconsistency in that??

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 3, 2016, 3:45 pm

Solution: Member s benefit.Member s satisfaction should be top priority.
Without Members Udonmap forum is useless to advertisers. I don t know Any advertiser who would spend any money on a zero-member Facebook ??

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » December 3, 2016, 4:24 pm

Yes allowed, but not in open forum and must be a member to view, so tourist not signing in, wouldn't know it exists. That there are some delicious options, beer / food elsewhere, maybe more to their liking and budget.......but not in open forum.

If I was a Hotel owner, and sponsor, I'd want the same respect afforded the Bar / Restaurant sponsors. That's all.

Hence the inconsistency. And just an observation.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 3, 2016, 4:28 pm

If you see asking a question about a, yet unbuilt, hotel to be 'disrespectful' to Hotel Sponsors then it is probably just as well you do not own the Forum.. :D

Just an observation...

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » December 3, 2016, 4:33 pm

I think you get my point. And no, I didn't really expect a real response.

I'm sure they'll be sponsors........

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 3, 2016, 4:37 pm

No, to be completely honest, I do not get your point LA.
Personally I believe, as I have already said, that your only point was to be deliberately disruptive.
As it has often been on here... which is a real pity.. :(

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 3, 2016, 4:57 pm

Not about a new hotel but in keeping with the many latest posts. The problem as I see it is twofold. Firstly many sponsors are desperately trying to make the forum work for them by constantly writing about their business, this has a secondary effect, that their posts outnumber the usual forum discussions which we all loved so much, which then leads to the old regular contributors like myself, who quite honestly, don't need to know what various bar/restaurants are presenting, nor do we need to know about hotels and accomodation, after all we live here .The same goes for selling motorbikes , houses or many other things .Other than the weekly shopping and where to find those elusive items, the adverts are a total waste on me and I suspect many others too .So the general discussions we used to enjoy are dimishing whilst the ads are increasingly taking up space .So it leads to an increasing cycle where the forum becomes less interesting to the general members who stop contributing , whilst the commercials are presently increasing. So soon the only persons reading it are fellow sponsors .Whats the answer? I really don't know but its becoming obvious that whilst the need for income is neccessary to run it, the pursuit of income beyond that is destructive to the main pupose of the forum , a social outlet for those that use it.
This is not intended as a critical post but purely my observation .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 3, 2016, 5:29 pm

Some valid points posted by Panmotor , 12345 , the monk and trubrit .... i can only comment on how i perceive the forum , yes lots of sponsors and less discussion threads ,,,but still plenty of advice and exchanges of information , sporting banter and other topics some a bit daft but thats what makes the forum ..ISNT IT ...DO AGREE a lot of the old school members n posters have drifted away which is a shame .

BTW ... AS OF NOW 11 OF THE 32 RECENT THREADS ON THE HOME PAGE ARE SPONSOR THREADS ,,, ONE THIRD .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 3, 2016, 6:50 pm

same old stories, the prime function of UM is advertising, it also has a forum attached too it, the problem is that many restaurants regularly come up with new menu's ,promotions. and why pay for a this if you cant advertise ? like me , theres no point in me advertising fresh baked pie's 2 days after they were baked ,i could wait and only post weekly, which defeats the object really, same with pan motors, if he has a good deal on a bike, someone somewhere is looking for it. same with Udon Tap, if jon drives all the way to Bangkok and back to pick up new beers, he needs to tell people about it. I can't think of any sponsor that posts in the hope of a reply, and if your not interested in some ones products just move on to the next thread. I have no interest in football but I'm sure there's plenty of football fans that are. ,and I have never once looked at any thread about football. do I complain about too many football threads, no ..because I have no interest. if you don't drink beer no point reading Udon tap, if your not in the market for buying or selling a bike then no point looking at pan motors, same if you only eat thai food no point in reading about pie's.
simple if YOU have no interest in sponsors threads , don't make the same mistake of thinking every one is not interested. for every one person not interested there are 20 that are. perhaps the lack of subjects is down to people getting sick of the victor meldrew complaints, or some members thinking their the only posters and no one else just reads the forums. plenty of readers that are not members.
so I say it again not interested ,don't read it then. not a hard decision really. just looked myself, 6 threads I opened as I had an interest, 24 just ignored as not interested . shall I rant about not enough to interest me :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 3, 2016, 6:57 pm

heres a good example 4 threads dedicated to football ... if I was a victor meldrew I could start a thread complaining about it, but I'm smart enough to figure out some are interested :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”