Post by mak » December 19, 2016, 1:14 pm

I see 3 dogs. Which one is the puppy?
Attachments
guard-dogs-thailand-1.jpg

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Re: UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by monkeyman » December 19, 2016, 1:49 pm

we have 4 but the puppy is the one at the back...:)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 19, 2016, 2:17 pm

Mosquito wrote:have read it before, but just wondering. if robbers enter your house and are armed, are you ok with killing them?
Self defense is not a crime. If they attack you, do what you need to do to survive. I'd rather take my chances being tried in court than being cremated. If they flee, let 'em go and secure your home against the next attack.

We have fortress doors on our home, an alarm system, and nice dogs to welcome any unknown guest(s).

But always remember: if you have something that others want, all the deterrents in the world won't stop them from trying.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 19, 2016, 2:19 pm

monkeyman wrote:Image
Awesome! If I didn't have too many already, I'd get two. =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 19, 2016, 11:05 pm

fiddlersgreen wrote:NO MATE YOU CAN NOT KILL OR HURT THEM UNDER CURRENT THAI LAW.
BUT YOUR SPOUSE CAN (nod nod wink wink).
THIS TYPE OF THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN MORE AND MORE, SAME AS AFTER THE CRASH IN 97.
FARANG BEWARE.
NOT SUPRISING REALLY WITH THE RELEASE FROM PRISON OF HUNDREDS OF CAREER CRIMINALS RECENTLY .. there are some seriously dangerous people on the streets of Udon and most Thai cities and towns since the release program went thru .

love the dogs Doug ... great pics .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 20, 2016, 5:08 pm

Actually this house is not ear Nongnakham , which is wear I live but towards Big C on the other side near to Nong Na Kham a completely different village, the house is big and looks out of place in any village
Attachments
15645318_10154064016002155_1867472827_n[1].jpg

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 20, 2016, 6:08 pm

Mosquito wrote:have read it before, but just wondering. if robbers enter your house and are armed, are you ok with killing them?
One guy has a gun how were you planning on killing them?

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 20, 2016, 6:09 pm

missus drags me outside to look at some new scratch marks on our new concrete footpath around the house..took me ten minutes to fiqure out that someone had dragged one of our concrete outdoor chairs, along the path to the bedroom window, and then back again to the boy window...missus and boy tell me after that they heard noises outside last night ( week ago now ),

so someone had been either trying to look in our darkened rooms, or trying the windows...there was no sign of leverage in the aluminium windows, and why the chair was not lifted, and noise made to wake most of us, leads me to think kids or a drunk/ wasted dude, either trying to spy on the missus, or break in...we are way out in a small village, but there is alot of drunks and alcohol, and poor people...we are not rich, but just a new house suggests things to some minds...we will have to beef up security just for ease of mind....

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 20, 2016, 9:11 pm

bumper wrote:
One guy has a gun how were you planning on killing them?

won't say easily, but definitely doable.

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » December 20, 2016, 10:07 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:Yes I do think we will see more of this sort of thing happening more as farang are an easy target with big money.the probability is that it was the same gang as the last time for sure.big house like they have will attract this sort of thing I'm afraid.i always say the more you have the more you should protect it.i live in the sticks and have cameras and leave the grounds very well lit at night and when the builders have finished I'm getting a Thai hating pitbull.i don't care if it messes up my nice garden a bit,it'll be worth it.im also going to install a couple of panic alarms with flashing lights an sirens for a couple of 1,000baht.makes me wonder how much security this couple had after being hit last year.they are definitely the gang from last year that have popped back for another slice of the cake.if they don't sort it out then they can expect this again in the future.just good to see they didn't have their throats cut for a few £1,000.
You forgot the land mines.

OT.......... \:D/

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 20, 2016, 10:10 pm

Deffo big enough land to be OK for a pack of guard dogs.

And even big enough to dig a MOAT around it and fill it with saltwater crocs.

My wife says the robbers were so drunk they slipped up and said each other's names.

BET the cops won't do a thing though as they have not been PAID.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 20, 2016, 10:12 pm

Heard tonight that the local authorities may have a strong lead in this case.

We'll see. Sometimes they do fast work.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 20, 2016, 10:13 pm

bumper wrote:One guy has a gun how were you planning on killing them?
With my gun. :D

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 20, 2016, 11:43 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:Yes I do think we will see more of this sort of thing happening more as farang are an easy target with big money.the probability is that it was the same gang as the last time for sure.big house like they have will attract this sort of thing I'm afraid.i always say the more you have the more you should protect it.i live in the sticks and have cameras and leave the grounds very well lit at night and when the builders have finished I'm getting a Thai hating pitbull.i don't care if it messes up my nice garden a bit,it'll be worth it.im also going to install a couple of panic alarms with flashing lights an sirens for a couple of 1,000baht.makes me wonder how much security this couple had after being hit last year.they are definitely the gang from last year that have popped back for another slice of the cake.if they don't sort it out then they can expect this again in the future.just good to see they didn't have their throats cut for a few £1,000.
It is a sad situation when you have to live like that. A person should feel safe at home, unfortunately Thailand is changing.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » December 21, 2016, 5:02 am

Whilst we were in the process of acquiring a weapon (gun) one of the police told us (through the wife) to make sure that she was the one holding the smoking gun when they arrive!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 21, 2016, 7:19 am

One of my parishioners in High Wycombe years ago , was fed up with people crossing his land as a short cut and damaging his plants and generally being abusive and rude when he told them off, They resorted to doing it at night and severely damaging the plants.
So he resorted to the Old Vietnamese trick of burying pointed sticks in the grass boundary surrounding the house, after one or two occasions when he saw bloody sticks the walkers stopped cutting through. he said was it illegal, I said well technically yes but as no complaint had ever been made and not likely to then it was poetic justice. he did not do it they did it to themselves.
So there are ways to deterring intruders without even having a dog , but it does take some nefarious thoughts and planning , I like that way nd with the size of the garden in this particular case a idea that could be a positive action, unless of course they climb over the gate, which you could have electrified, that would work too.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » December 21, 2016, 8:38 am

Does anyone know where to buy an electric energizer (the box that does the electric part) for an electrified wall? Not an energizer for cow pen but one for two legged varmints.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by Mosquito » December 21, 2016, 8:49 am

fun one........... is a rat trap (snapping type), trip wire, nail and shotgun shell, very easy to set up.

even without the buckshot, it'll scare the piss out of anyone. with double odd buck, you'll have to stab the guy numerous times to cover up that he was shot.................thinking about it better without shot, to much trouble removing all the buckshot.

you can use a regular bullet, but not 100% you'll hit the guy.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » December 21, 2016, 9:15 am

As intruders are most likely to climb the wall to enter, pointed steel pins on top of the wall with electric cable attached. Can be of rebar for example if not want the expense of stainless. Keep the amperes low so not kill instantly.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 21, 2016, 10:59 am

The other way for a wall is to put angled brackets so they poiunt inside the wall and put the razor wire and electrified wire about 6 inches inside your property and abouit 4 inches down from the top, they cannot say it was an accident as they have to actually climb up the wall and start to enter your property before they get zapped or cut. Either that or acquire a crossbow with darts as they climb over let loose and after they have fallen down retrieve said dart and ring the police to come and collect said person. How he got his injuries would be a complete mystery to you.
I mean if they can come at you with a large lump of wood over a minor car accident , anything goes really does it not.

Return to “Udon Thani News”