American Arrested

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: American Arrested

Post by parrot » February 3, 2017, 1:24 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:There is no 'white privilige' in Thailand.
There was no white privilege in Okinawa, Korea, Taiwan, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Philippines....among some of places I've been. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to see things from 'the other side of the fence'.

luaddaeng

Post by luaddaeng » February 3, 2017, 4:01 pm

Nothing will happen. Once away from the cops here it's just a matter of laying low in a different area.

It won't pop up on any systems back in the US because it was likely never reported to them.

Interesting as to how Expats here have made enduring scandal and acrimony for years running, out of far less.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 3, 2017, 6:05 pm

I just heard an unverified rumor he had a heart attack shortly after he was released and died.

Update: Just got a chance to speak with my friend who told me about this. She says that it was reported on the TV news last night. I did not see it myself.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » February 3, 2017, 10:26 pm

Udon Map wrote:Update: Just got a chance to speak with my friend who told me about this. She says that it was reported on the TV news last night. I did not see it myself.
I can second that. I saw it on Home Cable News this morning.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » February 4, 2017, 9:44 am

Bob Helm Wrote...are you sure this will happen??

I said hopefully...

Bob Helm Wrote...The girls involved were 17 years old - so over the age of consent for most countries.

Not in the US. Sex with girls between the age of 14 to 17 is Statutory Rape.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consen.

Bob Helm Wrote...Indeed over the age of consent for Thailand, except he was paying the girls & hence prostitution.

News Media in Thailand reported you need parental consent for girls between the ages of 15 to 17 years old. Hence the conviction.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » February 4, 2017, 10:22 am

R.I.P Ting Tong a long standing member here. We should show some condolence and respect.

The facts are this girl was very near the legal age, months if not weeks away. Maybe TING-TONG was under the impression she was 18. He paid for his mistake and if the police had thought he was a *** and other girls were at risk I am sure he would still be locked up.

Every other member/expat has had respect upon passing we should all do the same R.I.P.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 10:50 am

If the OP is correct and the 17 year old girl was helping him hire underage girls for several months , I think he knew he was in the wrong. No mention of how old some of those underage girls were. I have no sympathy.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » February 4, 2017, 11:03 am

skinner wrote:If the OP is correct and the 17 year old girl was helping him hire underage girls for several months , I think he knew he was in the wrong. No mention of how old some of those underage girls were. I have no sympathy.

Your right 8-[ I have just read the O.P. again and it does say "underage girls".... I take my sympathy back... He got what he deserved.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 1:10 pm

Sad end to a sad story.
RIP Ting-Tong.
UFF DA!

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 4, 2017, 2:28 pm

He was a conflicted guy, he made a bad impression on us especially the women when we met him, all hot headed bluster and very much on about how well he spoke Thai, and yes the master of all things "s#x on the cheap".

Still though looking beyond the criticisms it's a tragedy also, in ways difficult to separate from the criminal aspect.

His arc here, albeit misguided and predatory, was one of repudiation of the loneliness some western men endure back home.

Rest in Peace Ryan.

Still not seeing any online or print reporting on this, not that any is needed. Wife reviewed all home cable video archives of all broadcasts and zero mention of his having passed.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 3:21 pm

Paedophilia is evil, if you are an expat , a Thai, whoever you are. if he is dead, I certainly hope he does not rest in peace.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 5:12 pm

paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
He was caught with a teenager. I'm not saying that's OK but as far as we know, your making a false claim when calling him a ****.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 5:24 pm

At any rate, he wont be bothering anyone now. There are older guys that hit on teenage girls anywhere. If you have daughters you should talk to them about these dangers. While in the US, my daughter worked part time in a restaurant at 16yo. I had to have a word with a guy in his 40's who was bothering her.
UFF DA!

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 5:46 pm

Jello, this guy is or was 57 years old, he was caught with a 17 year old girl who had been helping him buy sex with underage girls for months, we will probably never know how underage . Whatever you would choose to call him , I hope he is dead.

lightman
udonmap.com

Post by lightman » February 4, 2017, 6:32 pm

I have not seen any reports about this on TV or news,Thaivisa always gets the news
Maybe it is a cover up so he can just go and hide somewhere else

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

Wife just got the report from grapevine that after release he holed up at home and a day or so later crawled out the door into the parking lot unable to move and ambulance was summoned.

After that no one there has heard from him.

So a check of the hospital may turn up the true answer.

Plenty of cover-ups just like the hit & run Ton Tan guy assisted out of LOS by his mates.

May have expired in hospital may be just recovering.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 4, 2017, 11:38 pm

Strange things happen in Thailand ... hundreds of Balcony jumpers , expat assassinated in Patts Porshe last week now .......just old news .....but

Head shaking UM ...... grapevine , cover ups , jungle drums , unverified , fake news , ....except for this guys family who really gives a sh8t ..

If only the powers that be inc the BIB could sort out the savage gang violence that is ravaging the country as quick as picking up this guy things would be a whole lot better ... one example 2 young teens shot in Buriram province in the last week or so ....one a family friend by a rival gang the other by an off duty drunk policeman .... NEVER EVEN MADE THE NEWS ...as the kids parents were paid off ...in this day n age - a disgrace .

This is happening all over the country everyday and .... not even fake news ...NO NEWS ...shame on the people who should be protecting the general public .

Ran over .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » February 5, 2017, 7:16 am

lightman wrote:I have not seen any reports about this on TV or news,Thaivisa always gets the news
Maybe it is a cover up so he can just go and hide somewhere else
Funny, now thay you mentioned that I spotted Elvis in UD just the other night! ;)
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 5, 2017, 9:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:...as the kids parents were paid off ...
All too common here DM, even for some very serious stuff. Rather than go through (presumably) a court process and the culprit being sent to prison, eyes light up when money is mentioned and a pay off is often an option, 'tip' to police too
for their co-operation.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 5, 2017, 11:10 am

Maybe I am missing something here. As I see it the girl aged 17+(Not a kid in my book) was committing a crime by prostituting herself and apparently pimping some of her friends of roughly the same age, all criminal activities but there is no mention of her being charged with anything, yet her customer is .! Now I am no lover of those that prey on underage kids but the age of consent in the UK and I believe US is 16 as it is here, so there is no way he was commiting a crime by our standards and most certainly wouldn't have faced further action back home .Plus our countries are unable to act unless he was actually charged here, which I understand he wasn't, just detained for further investigation.Which leads to , who did get the 150k. Certainly not a court order, there wasn't even time for a trial to have taken place, not the mother, her daughter created the situation .No prizes for guessing aye?
I am further surprised by the "hang him high brigade " on here. Whilst the rumours surrounding his possible other activities are to say the least nauseating they are just that , as yet unproven.Certainly not grounds for celebrating his death,on the known facts, engaging a prostitute of illegal age, nothing else, I think this guy deserves at least a dignified death.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “Udon Thani News”