BK at UTH....

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Burger individual at UTH....

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Being close i ventured ovver n tried BK ... definaytely better than Mc DS tho i did leave still a bit peckish after spending 300 plus bt .... BK best commercial burger ? YES .... but IMO i would rather have the version from Harrys FCS , Fiddlers , Caspers , Sophies ,Tbar etc ...

Another subject ...Fav coffee n cake spot locally to us is the new Beyond place inside Boontawan , nice airy place , pleasant staff ,excellent choice of cakes n beverages and not a bad price ... just been for the morning cappu n couldnt resist the dark chocolate creppe cake ... nawty but nice !!

A few laps of the ring rd on mi bike now .

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 5, 2017, 5:57 pm

Use to like them in the states, every other blue moon, but had one at Bangkok airport and so bad could not finish. Think I will pass

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 5, 2017, 9:39 pm

papafarang wrote:your right there Bob, at 310b a burger your better off spending that much on a nice plate of cod and chips. the fact they put BK at the airport means their target is people leaving udon....squeeze that last baht of the tourists before they go :lol:
Funny papa, I would have thought it the other way round :-k

Has to be targeting those ARRIVING in Udon ......... last descent burger before you head out to the boonies :-"

How long has McD been open in town? ......... never been in there, but ALWAYS have to have a BK when in BKK/Samui etc ........ there is no competition anywhere that can match the TASTE of a BK Burger =P~

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 5, 2017, 10:27 pm

Have to agree with you Statto, BK is the best burger for my taste.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 6, 2017, 11:34 am

They had milk shakes at the one in the airport (Swampy) Saturday
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 6, 2017, 11:40 am

That's plain mean and nasty bumper, talk about rubbing salt in the wounds....
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » February 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Had the Whopper set, a mushroom Burger and extra order of fries. Very tasty.
The best gadget is the human brain.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 8, 2017, 2:09 pm

runrunshaw wrote:Had the Whopper set, a mushroom Burger and extra order of fries. Very tasty.

Wow, did ya, thanks for letting everyone know, what other important news do you wish to share...

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 8, 2017, 2:31 pm

fatbob wrote:
runrunshaw wrote:Had the Whopper set, a mushroom Burger and extra order of fries. Very tasty.

Wow, did ya, thanks for letting everyone know, what other important news do you wish to share...
Snigger.. made me smile Bob.. Its all a slippery slope from now on..I'm ready for Armageddon or.. when runrunshaw goes pop.. 1nthesame? :-)
Last edited by Liam Dale on February 8, 2017, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » February 8, 2017, 3:41 pm

Runrunshaw you had two meals in one go? Probably bout 2200++ calories? That is newsworthy. 555

https://www.bk.com/pdfs/nutrition.pdf

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » February 8, 2017, 7:54 pm

Liam Dale wrote:
fatbob wrote:

Snigger.. made me smile Bob.. Its all a slippery slope from now on..I'm ready for Armageddon or.. when runrunshaw goes pop.. 1nthesame? :-)
Water off a duck's back, man. Fatbob's comment made me smile, too. Tame stuff considering all of the ugliness after this crazy US election season.

The subtext of my comment was, as I'm sure FB knows, that I like BK and enjoy the highly unhealthy food they serve. So I was throwing my hat into the ring, as others have in this thread, in happy support of BK's overpriced presence here in Udorn. The highly caloric meal fed myself, my wife, and our two kids under the age of five, with food leftover. Utter bliss!

I will never again eat a McDonald's burger. In N Out is my favorite burger chain in the States, but having BK here is great. To all of the haters out there I can only say, eat your heart out!

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 9, 2017, 11:23 am

Just had a mushroom burger, bloody awesome best burger by miles, shame no shakes, have complained to Bangkok and hope they open an outlet in the town centre soon, think some pancakes and syrup will go down well?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 13, 2017, 2:28 pm

minimiglia wrote: shame no shakes
Think DQ.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 13, 2017, 5:17 pm

I have never tried a Dairy Queen shake, never knew they did them, will have to test one.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » February 20, 2017, 3:21 pm

Just had a very thick BK shake here in Southern California. Minimiglia is correct, they are terrific. We need them in Udon.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 20, 2017, 4:59 pm

Not to healthy me think..honestly never had one and reading what i contains..well i think i stick whith my own healthyer one..What you all say about this:

"
22 tsp of sugars per serving!
Salty! Has over 20% of the daily max
Over 50% of daily saturated fat!
For dieters: FoodPoints value is 16
Highly Processed!
NUTRITION
Serving Size: 16 fl oz
Amount per ServingMy Daily Value
Calories 610Kcal36%
Calories from Fat 140Kcal21%
Total Fat 16g25%
Saturated Fat 10g59%
Trans Fat 0g0%
Cholesterol 60mg20%
Sodium 500mg22%
Total Carbohydrate 103g44%
Dietary Fiber 1g4%
Added Sugars 88g367%
Sugars 88g205%
Protein 14g29%
**********************************************And you still wonder why we in the western countries are so fat..and now we are sharing this problem to other countries like Thailand.I know,haveing one now and then might not hurt,but to often..not good.SUGAR is the number one thing that cancercells like,same with me..i looooove chocolate..but in moderation..Well the burgers you can Google your self..;-)

INGREDIENTS
Milk fat and Nonfat Milk, Sugar, Sweet Whey, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Propylene Glycol Monoesters, Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavor, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan. High fructose corn syrup, water, dextrose, corn syrup, cocoa processed with alkali, whey, salt, natural flavors, potassium sorbate (a preservative), citric acid, xanthan gum.

runrunshaw wrote:Just had a very thick BK shake here in Southern California. Minimiglia is correct, they are terrific. We need them in Udon.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2017, 5:26 pm

Wow, I didn't realise all those figures ......

So if I just have 2 of those a day I won't have to worry about eating or drinking anything else. \:D/

Read about that back in UK, some slimming club said to have a shake instead of a meal once or twice a day, but didn't think they meant a BK shake :-"

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 20, 2017, 5:29 pm

No problems me think...motto to follow you in life:

Do everything in moderation,EVEN moderation...cheers statto...;-)
stattointhailand wrote:Wow, I didn't realise all those figures ......

So if I just have 2 of those a day I won't have to worry about eating or drinking anything else. \:D/

Read about that back in UK, some slimming club said to have a shake instead of a meal once or twice a day, but didn't think they meant a BK shake :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Read about that back in UK, some slimming club said to have a shake instead of a meal once or twice a day, but didn't think they meant a BK shake :-"
Slimfast Statts - didn't even have to look it up... :D

An ex-girlfriend of mine believed the Ad & so bought some.

I think that it worked on the principle that it was so offensive in taste that you were horrified of the idea of consuming anything else as the after taste lingered for hours.
It also had a highly offensive sand like quality to the drink which made swallowing it like a picnic on weston Super Mare beach.... :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2017, 8:37 pm

Better than a picnic on Brighton nudist beach Bob ......... each "sand" grain is about 2 inches round ......... and most of the fried eggs and sausages sand wiches are to be avoided. :-&

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”