Udon Thani Festival

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Festival

Post by trubrit » February 22, 2017, 7:04 am

vincemunday wrote:. N.B. The Red Cross draw still have the same number of cycles, motor cycles and cars they had the other night, would you believe it? The people of Udon Thani are so unlucky!
Sorry to spoil your attempted implication of dishonesty.Whilst neither car has yet been won several motorbikes have, however the terms of the raffle are that major prizes are not removed until after the fair has finished .I have photos of my wife on stage with the rest of the Red Cross team congratulating the winners of those won so far. I'll try to post them if I can figure how to get them off her damn phone. [-X

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 7:19 am

At one point there were so few of the pellets floating in the pool you could count them, as I say, If there's no impropriety, and I accept there isn't, I guess there's a lot of bad luck.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 22, 2017, 7:32 am

I some times wonder if expata would be allowed to win.

Some disgruntled looser insisting on a redraw perhaps

Easy to flick the ticket etc to a local that you know etc

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 7:36 am

I personally didn't have a go so I don't know if a farang would be allowed to win but I can't see why not. Let's see if the main prizes are won in the last couple of days though.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 22, 2017, 7:44 am

It would be in the T n Cs of the licence issued to Red Cross to conduct the raffle I presume ?

There is that orrible word " Presume " again 5555

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 22, 2017, 7:49 am

vincemunday wrote:At one point there were so few of the pellets floating in the pool you could count them, as I say, If there's no impropriety, and I accept there isn't, I guess there's a lot of bad luck.
You obviously are unaware of the scale of the operation. They are selling a minimum of 10,000 tickets per night so obviously all the prizes cannot be in the pond at the same time in fact the girls have virtually a full time job refilling the empty pods. All the prizes are shown as numbers not items and are matched to the product when won .The number of pods in the pool has absolutely no influence on the prizes in there.
If you bought some tickets , thank you. Why not take pleasure in knowing you contributed to a worthy local cause, That in itself will bring you good luck if you believe in karma.
16711736_10210401466445736_2520945509318146182_n.jpg
This motorbike was won at 9pm on the very first night of the fair.
NB just seen your post, noted you didn't buy any tickets . My thanks withdrawn.
To Wazza. Yes farangs are winning prizes. I personally on opening night bought 500bht of tickets and won the following. 9 cans of sardines, 3 washing up liquids, 8 pkts noodles and 5 other various small items .Every ticket is a winner, but the concept is you are helping a worthy cause with a donation. The winning something is just a bit of fun .
Whats wrong with you guys, not prepared to help out but try to undermine those that do .
Last edited by trubrit on February 22, 2017, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 22, 2017, 7:57 am

BobHelm wrote:What time does it open??
I do not want want to go in the evening once the concerts starts.
We can hear the music from our house (about 3km away).It seems to start up about 8.30pm and the finishing time is variable.(last night around midnight).
Cant hear any 1960's music being played,though ! :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 8:55 am

I'm sure i'm aware of the organisation it takes to organise something like this, i'm quite astute and can work it out. The impropriety comes in when 10,000 people a night are buying tickets in the belief they can win a car, they aren't doing it for a bit of fun, that isn't what Thai are like, my guess is the cars will be won on the last couple of days, as i say above. My wife and my family bought plenty of tickets, i was left holding the baby, literally, so let's not jump in with both feet before we know the facts eh? In any case, I neither asked for nor want your thanks, but thanks anyway.
Last edited by vincemunday on February 22, 2017, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 8:57 am

I was there until late last night Zidane, I swear I didn't notice the music, either i'm going deaf or becoming immune to mor lum being played at full pelt, worrying.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 22, 2017, 9:24 am

vincemunday wrote:I was there until late last night Zidane, I swear I didn't notice the music, either i'm going deaf or becoming immune to mor lum being played at full pelt, worrying.
wifie and a couple of friends went last night (after failure in planning dept on Monday). They didn't leave here until after 10pm with concert expected to start at about 11ish and finish at 1am. I think zid must be having a problem with his neighbour playing his ac/dc records too loud :lol:

Even if you were completely deaf Vince you would still be able to tell the mor lum had started by the grating feel you would detect in your teeth :roll:
This from another thread gives some idea of what type of music can be expected each night by the pics :lol:
11111.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 22, 2017, 10:25 am

There was loud music last night which started up around 8.30pm......maybe from Nong Prajak area then ? :-k .....it lasted till about midnight.
Certainly not Morlam......heavy rock music. :D
Deffo not my elderly stuck up Thai neighbours,statts......they complained when I put a Coldplay CD on at 3pm in the afternoon,last year ! :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 22, 2017, 10:39 am

Deffo not my elderly stuck up Thai neighbours,statts......they complained when I put a Coldplay CD on at 3pm in the afternoon,last year ! :-$

Don't blame them , I'd have complained too :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 22, 2017, 10:44 am

One of the geezers who was playing last night has a track on youtube that has had over 250,000,000 "hits" ........ that's about 4 times for EVERYONE in Thailand or alternately explains why so many young ladies in Udon appear in a trance like state whilst staring at their phones all day :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 22, 2017, 10:47 am

stattointhailand wrote:Deffo not my elderly stuck up Thai neighbours,statts......they complained when I put a Coldplay CD on at 3pm in the afternoon,last year ! :-$

I knew youd say that,statts ! Perry Como more your style,then ? 8)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 22, 2017, 11:14 am

Zidane wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Deffo not my elderly stuck up Thai neighbours,statts......they complained when I put a Coldplay CD on at 3pm in the afternoon,last year ! :-$

Ferry Cross The Mekong more his style

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 11:22 am

Ferry across the Mekhong lolololol, I like it and shall probably end up singing it all day

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 22, 2017, 11:41 am

wazza wrote:
Zidane wrote:

Ferry Cross The Mekong more his style
Naaaa Mario Lanza mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3Bcgh4Jko

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » February 22, 2017, 8:03 pm

when does the fair end?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 8:07 pm

It ends on the 25th

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » February 23, 2017, 10:03 am

Guess Saturday's Fair Day with the Family.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”