Taking non-EEA partners to the UK

World news discussion forum
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Taking non-EEA partners to the UK

Post by BobHelm » February 25, 2017, 11:21 am

There was a judgment on Wednesday by the UK Supreme Court concerning a long running case about the legality of imposing minimum income requirements on UK citizens bringing their non-EEA partners to live permanently with them .
The result was not a favourable one for any UK citizen on a low income with a Thai wife.
The Court ruled that the Government were not infringing their human rights.
So an annual income of at least £18,600 is needed..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02 ... me-limit2/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Taking non-EEA partners to the UK

Post by stattointhailand » February 25, 2017, 1:02 pm

So it takes 18.600 pa minimum for two people to live in the UK, by their own admission, so I presume that they will increase the state pension rates to reflect this with immediate effect then :-k

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2017, 1:59 pm

I keep this in mind, there are 740,000,000 WHITE Europeans that are allowed to come to Britain, if they don't get work then after 3 months they get social security anyway, last year the biggest groups coming to England were Romanians and Bulgarians and the new figures are tastefully fed to us... oh immo its down 49,000 this year. but this is how twisted they are about it. when numbers are broken down there's something odd.
British citizens returning after living abroad 71,000, british citizens emigrating abroad 120,000. so in fact immigration has not abated , truth is we still are getting huge numbers, the drop in numbers can be put down to more british leaving.
so my point is , with 740,000,000 people able to just head to Britain and all of them can get benefits after 3 months ,then why are we told we need 18,600 . because your wife is not white ? their not European ?. the EU everything was supposed to be the same for everybody. if that's true why is there so much migration.
seems the only real reason is race
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 25, 2017, 2:57 pm

Is it 18,600 before or after tax ? just wondering, don't want to go lol

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2017, 3:10 pm

lol one thing, if the government think you need 18,600 a year for a couple to live on, perhaps they should use the same criteria to old age pensions . perhaps pensioners need to be on a minimum of 18,600 yearly income. at the moment state pension max is 6,200. how does that work then
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » February 25, 2017, 4:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:So it takes 18.600 pa minimum for two people to live in the UK, by their own admission, so I presume that they will increase the state pension rates to reflect this with immediate effect then :-k
£18,600 is the minimum amount which disqualifies you from claiming any benefit in the UK and has no bearing on cost of living.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 25, 2017, 4:44 pm

stattointhailand wrote:So it takes 18.600 pa minimum for two people to live in the UK, by their own admission, so I presume that they will increase the state pension rates to reflect this with immediate effect then :-k
I Don't :-k You will have to :-k About that too long Statts.... :-" :-s

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 26, 2017, 9:42 pm

The figure is gross (before tax) subject to the income being known about/declared to the tax authorities.

The amount required is higher if you are taking any dependent children with you.

No such amount is required for EU migrants, who can come in willy-nilly.

The court ruling did also say that HM Government should be more flexible about what income was acceptable.

PS. In addition to the English test (A1) to be passed prior to the initial settlement visa being granted (for Non-EEA migrants), and the English test (B1) to be passed along with the Life in the UK test at the 5 year point (ILR), HM Government have recently introduced a new/further English test (A2) to be passed at the interim 2.5 year point (ELR). Yet there are all these Europeans wandering around the place who can't speak English and who are required to take no tests at all. I doubt many native born Brits could pass the Life in the UK test!

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » February 27, 2017, 3:59 pm

arjay wrote:I doubt many native born Brits could pass the Life in the UK test!
I have just taken an online practice version of this test.
It is cold, grey, wet and windy in the UK and I have a hangover from hell after suffering through England's embarrassing win over Italy which may excuse my pathetic pass of 79%.

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-1/

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 27, 2017, 4:39 pm

arjay wrote:
I
doubt many native born Brits could pass the Life in the UK test

definately not me 58%

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 27, 2017, 6:05 pm

When did the first christian communities arrive in Britain?
When does lent start?
When is St David's day?

Is it supposed to be a "Britain" test or a Christianity test for non Christians [-X

Just noticed a question about how old is Big Ben and they are talking about the Elizabeth Tower ........... surely the people who write the questions know that Big Ben is the Bell inside the clocktower and not the tower itself. ](*,) :fryingpan:

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » February 28, 2017, 6:42 am

BobHelm wrote:There was a judgment on Wednesday by the UK Supreme Court concerning a long running case about the legality of imposing minimum income requirements on UK citizens bringing their non-EEA partners to live permanently with them .
The result was not a favourable one for any UK citizen on a low income with a Thai wife.
The Court ruled that the Government were not infringing their human rights.
So an annual income of at least £18,600 is needed..
Well, it certainly didn’t take long for the Brexit Fascist State to put on its jackboots on and break up an ”English family” earning less than £18,600.
Woman deported to Singapore after almost 30 years living in the UK with her British husband and sons

Irene Clennell has two sons and a granddaughter in the UK, but she has been sent back to Singapore because her ill husband does not earn enough to sponsor her visa

A woman who has lived in the UK for nearly 30 years with her British husband has been deported to Singapore.

Irene Clennell, 53, says she was forced to board a plane without warning on Sunday, after being held for nearly a month in an immigration detention centre in Scotland.

She had been living near Durham with her husband. She has two British sons, as well as a granddaughter, in the UK.

For a year before she was detained, Ms Clennell was the sole carer for her husband John, a former gas engineer, after he had an arterial bypass and suffered complications from a hernia.....

She has now become a victim of the spousal visa minimum income requirement, which was recently challenged in the Supreme Court but upheld. The Court ruled last week that Theresa May’s policy of not allowing anyone who earns less than £18,600 to bring their husband or wife to the UK is lawful, but acknowledged it causes “significant hardship”.

Critics have described the policy as "tearing families apart" and say it only gives rich people the right to a family life in Britain.....

Full article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 01441.html
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 4, 2017, 7:57 am

Shameful!

Though I don't connect the Brexit vote outcome with the ever-increasing obstacles to allowing native born Brits to bring their non-EEA wives to the UK. I see it as a case that because too many Europeans have flooded in and the UK hasn't been able to stop those, HMG have instead turned the screw on the non-EEA partners.

I look forward to Brexit, but would like a sensible and compassionate approach to be taken with native born Brits being able to bring their wives & husbands to the UK, without "let or hindrance", wherever they happen to come from.

PS. I believe I saw a question about the Heath Tax in Scotland, on the Life in the UK test. Ridiculous!

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 4, 2017, 11:50 am

arjay wrote: Though I don't connect the Brexit vote outcome with the ever-increasing obstacles to allowing native born Brits to bring their non-EEA wives to the UK.
I look forward to Brexit, but would like a sensible and compassionate approach to be taken with native born Brits being able to bring their wives & husbands to the UK
I understand that you want an exception for native born Brits but isn’t that's remarkable?
I can't believe you advocate a policy whereby someone who is not "native born" but, for instance, a second-generation citizen, who came to the UK as a child, and, as a law-abiding citizen, has studied, worked hard, paid his taxes, be treated as a second-rate citizen despite his nominal status as a citizen? Comparable to the way the Rohingya people are being treated in Birma? Simply amazing! :roll:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 4, 2017, 8:33 pm

I understand that you want an exception for native born Brits....
I can't believe you advocate a policy whereby someone who is not "native born"
but, for instance, a second-generation citizen, who came to the UK as a child, and, as a law-abiding citizen, has studied, worked hard, paid his taxes, be treated as a second-rate citizen despite his nominal status as a citizen?
You are putting words in my mouth, (that I didn't say) ....... I made no mention of non-native born, nor of "exceptions". I was simply being emphatic about the situation regarding native born Brits. In fact if someone was, as you say, a second generation citizen, then wouldn't they be a native born Brit? I leave the greyer areas for others to consider.

Return to “World News”