Golf Driving Range.

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
aussiecol
udonmap.com

Golf Driving Range.

Post by aussiecol » March 15, 2017, 5:06 pm

This is just a note for all you avid golfers out there.

There is a very nice driving range out in Som Phroa (I've probably spell't that wrong).I'm told probably one of the best in Udon.
It's on the east side of town out toward the University about 4 km's from the hwy junction. Head out East from the traffic lights at Global House and keep an eye open for a couple of lakes on your right side, continue probably another 2 km's and look for a cement factory also on the right side. Directly across the road from there is a small Soi, turn left there. (there is a ------ faded sign there with a golfer on it, look for that)

Carry on and take your first right continue another couple of hundred meters and turn right again. YOUR THERE! I would imagine not too many people know about it as there are always very few people there and it is quite difficult to find and does'nt look like they do any advertising as such.

They have a nice wide range and about 300 yards long. The entire playing area is under cover, they sell drinks including beers and snacks at ordinary prices. And for a tray of about 30 balls cost's 25 Baht.

I went down there today with my boy played for about 45 minutes and 2 drinks and cost me a whopping 85 Baht!.

Hope this is useful.

mac123
udonmap.com

Re: Golf Driving Range.

Post by mac123 » March 15, 2017, 6:17 pm

This is without doubt the best range in udon.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 15, 2017, 6:42 pm

Hi aussiecolwhich University are you referring to and is it Global House on the 216 to Smart Driving School?

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » March 15, 2017, 9:12 pm

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » March 16, 2017, 12:00 am

Good idea fir a few hours - thanks fir letting on about it

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 16, 2017, 8:30 am

Had difficulty controlling the map
Can you use that site to put in start & destination to get the route
All I have had is a nice video of the roads but can't seem to control it-I'm not a tech so apologies if I've missed something

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 16, 2017, 8:44 am

ok now worked out how it works
sorry

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 18, 2017, 8:19 am

great place and very good facilities
thanks for heads up
a hidden gem

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 18, 2017, 8:23 am

if anyone wants any help with their golf I would be pleased to help
Ive had lots of help for many issues on UM so would like to reciprocate in some way and this is all i can offer
I return to uk on 29th and will be back early October
The offer is open ended

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 18, 2017, 9:48 am

vidmaster wrote:if anyone wants any help with their golf I would be pleased to help
Ive had lots of help for many issues on UM so would like to reciprocate in some way and this is all i can offer
I return to uk on 29th and will be back early October
The offer is open ended
Nice offer.
My game sucks at the moment. Gone from 5-19hcp. Maybe interested in meeting up but would appreciate a few credentials first.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Does this range have golf clubs for rent. I have no clubs, but would like to try this place out.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 18, 2017, 12:48 pm

Hi Galee
I'm just ordinary player that likes to try to help players get back to easy basics( in line with their physical capabilities) and especially the short game
I can't imagine your problems if you have gone from 5-19 handicap I assume
Can only be a mental issue as much as physical- unless you have had a serious accident OR you have not kept yourself in generally good condition- which is often the case in Thailand
So no credentials just trying to help people practice the correct things and not groove the wrong things- which I see wherever I play( NSR & Wing23)
As to Samphao Range I saw some odd irons in one of the "rooms" so they maybe there for people to try
Here is their Tel: from website
Phone, +66 81 391 4419 · Address, Suggest an address ... ตระกูล ด๊าง ดังง คุ รินทร์ at Samphao Golf Academy.
Good luck

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 30, 2017, 5:17 pm

As I was passing that way I popped into the Samphao Driving range this morning. Ordered 3 trays of balls and then remembered why I stopped going there. The balls are useless. Cheap range balls that give you no real indication of how your hitting the ball. Used one and half trays and took the other one back.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 30, 2017, 6:21 pm

Sorry Galee but I didn't hit any balls when I visited as I only popped in to see if I could find it firstly, & check it out
When I was there there were 2 reasonably good Thais hitting 3/4 trays & the balls looked reasonably well flights
Perhaps the Thais get the best balls, or the guys were BIB and have " special " trays

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 30, 2017, 6:39 pm

To be fair to them, the balls today were better than when I was last there. Previously they had hardly any dimples on them and the ball was going all over the place.
There was a young Thai lad there today and he was hitting the balls well, but how much better would he have hit a proper ball. How do you calculate distance hit with a range ball to a proper ball.
I suppose if you want to work on your swing, no problem, just don't take the results out on the course.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 30, 2017, 9:05 pm

Gary where do you go ? I find most driving ranges have crap balls ?

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 30, 2017, 10:54 pm

GARYZX6R wrote:Gary where do you go ? I find most driving ranges have crap balls ?
Sri Thani. Admittingly not the best range and the balls are not perfect but they are proper balls that give you a better feed back.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”