Budget Car or Truck Wanted

Cars & Trucks For Sale/Wanted in Udon Thani and surrounding area
Forum rules
Udon Map Classifieds are free for member-to-member private sales. Commercial companies ARE NOT ALLOWED to post in our classified ads.
Udonmap.com assumes no responsibility for any classified ad or transaction conducted between members.
Members are responsible for their own adverts, please mark the advert when sold or if you'd like an advert removed completely please contact us.
This area is intended solely for members to sell their personal items. Replies must be kept to queries about the item for sale & rent & not about the suitability or otherwise of either the product or the price. Any post that does not obey this simple rule will be deleted. If you have any comments on any of these adverts or products, the general forum is the place to do so.
sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Budget Car or Truck Wanted

Post by sabaidee_mike » March 23, 2017, 10:52 pm

We are looking for a "Budget" car or truck for us to use when we visit Thailand twice a year.

Mileage and Age aren't the greatest priorities. Condition and history of the vehicle are very important.

If this were Europe, we'd be looking for something around the €1,500 to €2,000 mark.
But since this is Thailand. 150 - 200k baht seems to be the going rate. I wish cars depreciated like that at home! :)

Duang

Re: Budget Car or Truck Wanted

Post by Duang » March 23, 2017, 11:17 pm

I am selling a Mazda pick up truck that might be of interest for you.

mazda-fighter-pickup-truck-t43880.html

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » March 24, 2017, 7:28 pm

Hello..
If you are interested I have a 2002 Toyota Soluna (Corolla) Sedan that I am thinking of selling.
1.5 Ltr Auto.
Farang owned the last 14 years and serviced every 5000 Klm's with many receipts for work performed.
162000 Klm's.
Mechanically perfect with ice cold air.
New tyres.
Excellent condition for year inside and out.
Selling due to have been offered a late model car from my mate as he is returning to Australia.
If you would like a look please give me a call.
120,000 Baht.
Marcus...0815457350
YKICAMOOCOW

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Post by sabaidee_mike » March 26, 2017, 4:16 pm

Hi Marcus.

Can you post some pics of the car. I'll run it by the Missus. She has final say so I have a quiet life :D

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » March 26, 2017, 10:33 pm

Hi Mike..
Please find pics below taken 4 months ago.
Attachments
DSCN0664.JPG
DSCN0664.JPG (49.57 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
DSCN0666.JPG
DSCN0666.JPG (67.18 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
DSCN0662.JPG
DSCN0662.JPG (53.92 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
YKICAMOOCOW

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Post by sabaidee_mike » March 27, 2017, 1:47 am

Great Marcus. Looks in fine order and well within our budget.
We'll be staying at the In-Laws, Nong Wua So area, from the 4th April. Are you in Udon town?

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » March 27, 2017, 9:34 am

Hi Mike...
Yes we are in Udon near the newest Big C.
Give me a call when in Udon.
Regards....Marcus.
YKICAMOOCOW

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Post by sabaidee_mike » March 31, 2017, 8:11 pm

The Missus is going to be a hard sell on this. She has her sights set on a 2010 Mazda 3 which is more than double the price but suspiciously well under book price. The whole thing stinks to me to be honest. Of course she completely trusts the 20-something Girl from 150km's away who's selling it. :?

Anyway, hopefully more sane minds will prevail. I'm keen. Seems a good car for the money marcus1

Documents-Wise...
Beyond checking the VIN and Owner's name in the Blue Book is there some other way of verifying a vehicle's authenticity?
Is there some kind of roadworthiness test cars undergo in Thailand (my instinct says no but I know they're trying to improve things the last few years).
At home when buying a motor with Dealer service history I would visit the Dealer and request a printout of all the services. It's matter of course that they log these and easy to get a full printout. Is this the case in Thailand also?
Any other important documents to check?

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » April 1, 2017, 1:17 pm

Hi Mike..
As regards getting a print out about a cars history from a dealer.....I have never heard of it happening...good luck on that one.
I do know buying a car from a local unless you have known that person for a long time is at your own peril...Servicing a vehicle is never thought of although I do know a few neighbours of mine that are very strict on getting the oil changed every 150,000 klm's or every 5 years or when the car can no longer run.!!!!
Whatever car you go for, and I quote yourself, history is everything.
Thanks for the compliment as regards the condition of my Toyota and if you decide to buy elsewhere, I will then advertise my little gem. I am sure it will be sold quickly as 120,000 Baht cars a few and far between in this condition as all farangs living here would know.
As regards mechanical inspections, yes, when a vehicle is sold here the vehicle has to be inspected before transfer of said vehicle can be done into new owners name. In saying this it is not an inspection as we know it, it really is just about checking Vin and Chassis numbers etc against the blue book.
Anyway good luck with the wife...my advice would be let her choose...peace and harmony in the household is bliss, and if something goes wrong with the new car...well...you have "great face".!!!!
Regards....Marcus.
YKICAMOOCOW

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Post by sabaidee_mike » April 1, 2017, 3:59 pm

marcus1 wrote:Anyway good luck with the wife...my advice would be let her choose...peace and harmony in the household is bliss, and if something goes wrong with the new car...well...you have "great face".!!!!
Regards....Marcus.
Sound advice Marcus. It's already sparked a few "heated debates" in the household. Women seem to buy based on Colour of the Car and how sweetly the Seller speaks to them on Line Chat. I think I'll just give her the original budget and leave her to it. If she wants to sell some of her land or whatever to buy a dubious car, it's not my problem.

Go ahead and advertise your's mate. It'll be gone quickly. GLWS!

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Post by sabaidee_mike » April 7, 2017, 2:38 pm

The Missus found a 2010 Mazda 2 Saloon in very good condition for an excellent price. A bit over our original budget but not to be missed. Everybody happy.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » April 7, 2017, 7:48 pm

Good stuff....
Another happy ending for all.
Regards.
Marcus.
P.S....I sold my toyota back to the original owner that I bought it from.
YKICAMOOCOW

Return to “Cars & Trucks For Sale/Wanted”