udonmap.com

Re: Minister: 50-year leases likely for foreigners

Post by Mudguard » March 25, 2017, 5:55 am

Will not happen....A load of rubbish...

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 25, 2017, 6:36 am

Yes the ministry of blah blah blah are at it again.50year lease brilliant.the only thing is I've never met an expat that's been here over 20 years.itll probably be non transferable and another way of grinding more money out of farang.whats wrong with full ownership of land up to a rai or 2.the uk let thaksin in while on the run to buy Manchester City with ill gotten gains and make a profit from it.any Thai can pull out a suite case of cash and buy a property in the uk and not even prove where the cash come from.its even easier for a foreigner to buy in the uk than a uk citizen who has to prove their income.why don't they advertise the usufruct contract more openly,because they hate that contract where you have power over the owner of land.i have this usufruct agreement and am very happy with it.if the wife decided to play up,I throw her out,rent the place out and move on.i have sole rights on my property until I die and any rent goes in my pocket...also at the end of the day if I wanted to split up and sell up say for 5 million.i would say darling I sell and give you 1 million and if she said no I say ok.you go live back in village and have good life with chicken and I'm renting out and 30 years you get the lot...Thai way is money today,sod waiting 30 years...the only thing is getting the amphur to allow this agreement as they don't like using it...I recommend using usufruct when buying property out here...she knows I've got the upper hand.on the day I was with lawyer and owner she read the contract and threw it down and said she wasn't signing it.i said that's ok I'll go find girl in ladybar and she will sign it.the pen went into overdrive and it got sorted...

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 11:57 am

Windfall tax , AKA Capital Gains , but from State projects, i can see a lot of property valuers buying new Benz and BMWs soon,

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 12:02 pm

Windfall tax , AKA Capital Gains , but from State projects, i can see a lot of property valuers buying new Benz and BMWs soon,

The Inheritance tax is a funny one also

http://property.bangkokpost.com/news/64 ... in-january

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2017, 12:50 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:Yes the ministry of blah blah blah are at it again.50year lease brilliant.the only thing is I've never met an expat that's been here over 20 years.itll probably be non transferable and another way of grinding more money out of farang.whats wrong with full ownership of land up to a rai or 2.the uk let thaksin in while on the run to buy Manchester City with ill gotten gains and make a profit from it.any Thai can pull out a suite case of cash and buy a property in the uk and not even prove where the cash come from.its even easier for a foreigner to buy in the uk than a uk citizen who has to prove their income.why don't they advertise the usufruct contract more openly,because they hate that contract where you have power over the owner of land.i have this usufruct agreement and am very happy with it.if the wife decided to play up,I throw her out,rent the place out and move on.i have sole rights on my property until I die and any rent goes in my pocket...also at the end of the day if I wanted to split up and sell up say for 5 million.i would say darling I sell and give you 1 million and if she said no I say ok.you go live back in village and have good life with chicken and I'm renting out and 30 years you get the lot...Thai way is money today,sod waiting 30 years...the only thing is getting the amphur to allow this agreement as they don't like using it...I recommend using usufruct when buying property out here...she knows I've got the upper hand.on the day I was with lawyer and owner she read the contract and threw it down and said she wasn't signing it.i said that's ok I'll go find girl in ladybar and she will sign it.the pen went into overdrive and it got sorted...
I like you Marcosteffano have the usufruct in place for my lifetime and not any specified length of time, and all legal and signed by all parties, registered and stamped in the land office on the title. The boss at the land office actually made the GF read it and fully understand the legal implication to her. Meaning its mine till I die. I could even start a pig farm if I want. Usufruct means for my use to do whatever, but not devalue the property. A simple visit to the land office and lawyer by both parties and it can be ceased.

Unlike you I didn't have to provide the threat to the GF to sign though. :lol:
I'm sure you got the angry eyes look at that one. Hope your relationship is a loving one. :lol:

My GF was in total agreement and it was put in place not to protect me but to protect the young daughter in case the GF fell off the perch before me, put in place to stop the relatives coming and demanding anything. The house and land will be in daughters name in the will leaving all to the daughter.
Just check your usufruct for the sale process though. Mine can be sold but the usufruct contract still stands 100% with the new owners. Don't know who would buy if it is still mine to stay in the house. If it all goes TITs up it give me as you say some leverage and we could negotiate a fair settlement.
In my case it seems a much better deal than any current Lease type agreement in place now or what the govt invent in the future to me.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 1:09 pm

Barney wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:Yes the ministry of blah blah blah are at it again.50year lease brilliant.the only thing is I've never met an expat that's been here over 20 years.itll probably be non transferable and another way of grinding more money out of farang.whats wrong with full ownership of land up to a rai or 2.the uk let thaksin in while on the run to buy Manchester City with ill gotten gains and make a profit from it.any Thai can pull out a suite case of cash and buy a property in the uk and not even prove where the cash come from.its even easier for a foreigner to buy in the uk than a uk citizen who has to prove their income.why don't they advertise the usufruct contract more openly,because they hate that contract where you have power over the owner of land.i have this usufruct agreement and am very happy with it.if the wife decided to play up,I throw her out,rent the place out and move on.i have sole rights on my property until I die and any rent goes in my pocket...also at the end of the day if I wanted to split up and sell up say for 5 million.i would say darling I sell and give you 1 million and if she said no I say ok.you go live back in village and have good life with chicken and I'm renting out and 30 years you get the lot...Thai way is money today,sod waiting 30 years...the only thing is getting the amphur to allow this agreement as they don't like using it...I recommend using usufruct when buying property out here...she knows I've got the upper hand.on the day I was with lawyer and owner she read the contract and threw it down and said she wasn't signing it.i said that's ok I'll go find girl in ladybar and she will sign it.the pen went into overdrive and it got sorted...
I like you Marcosteffano have the usufruct in place for my lifetime and not any specified length of time, and all legal and signed by all parties, registered and stamped in the land office on the title. The boss at the land office actually made the GF read it and fully understand the legal implication to her. Meaning its mine till I die. I could even start a pig farm if I want. Usufruct means for my use to do whatever, but not devalue the property. A simple visit to the land office and lawyer by both parties and it can be ceased.

Unlike you I didn't have to provide the threat to the GF to sign though. :lol:
I'm sure you got the angry eyes look at that one. Hope your relationship is a loving one. :lol:

My GF was in total agreement and it was put in place not to protect me but to protect the young daughter in case the GF fell off the perch before me, put in place to stop the relatives coming and demanding anything. The house and land will be in daughters name in the will leaving all to the daughter.
Just check your usufruct for the sale process though. Mine can be sold but the usufruct contract still stands 100% with the new owners. Don't know who would buy if it is still mine to stay in the house. If it all goes TITs up it give me as you say some leverage and we could negotiate a fair settlement.
In my case it seems a much better deal than any current Lease type agreement in place now or what the govt invent in the future to me.
Barney

What landoffice did you use ?, as the office in udon amphur muang near VT wont go near any urafructs , Issan lawyers took the head guy to court , as its within Thai Law, the court ruled in their favour, but he made life difficult for the parties concerned with frequent visits to confirm cohabitation was occuring

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2017, 3:24 pm

I thought there was only one land office in UT?

The one where you say is where we went.
Never heard of any court case and the head honcho just made sure that my girl understood the legals.
He actually showed us a copy of a Usufruct and the type we should use. Had it all signed and legally certified at the translation place next to that black and white squares place.
No house visits for co-habitation? Don't know why he would insist on that, because a Usufruct provides you personally with the use of the property.

Ours was 2 or 3 years ago for us. So may be a different bloke then or now. So not sure of when you speak? When did the court action happen?

Another win for issaan lawyers and a loss for the rest. \:D/

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

Nong wua so amphur.with no problems.i have read before that some amphurs can be a problem.think it would be more problems in places like Phuket,bkk as they would want their palms greased.got married same amphur and 2nd in command was a right one telling the mrs I was only marrying her for visa and wasn't keen about it.mrs pissed on her fire and said he have retirement visa no need marry visa...papers signed...next please. Ps I found my mrs when confronted with something she don't understand gets the hump and just don't want to know.hence not wanting to sign.now she's just wanting me to take up all sorts of dangerous extreme sports for some reason.even found me a job at the crocodile show.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”