BK at UTH....

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: Burger individual at UTH....

Post by Liam Dale » February 20, 2017, 8:46 pm

N no donkeys at Brighton if I remember.. First went to Weston Pier in 1969.. with 4 shillings of old pennies.. a rich lad.. spent half the day bashing shove a penny machines.. to get 5 bob..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 8:24 am

Then spent one and a tanner on cream to take down the swelling on your thumb and wrist :roll:

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 21, 2017, 9:35 am

stattointhailand wrote:Then spent one and a tanner on cream to take down the swelling on your thumb and wrist :roll:
Used to lie to members of the wandering public begging old pennies for the loo! Surprised how many were found just looking in the little cash boxes.. sneaking in the back of the ghost train for free.. we were gangsters at 11 years old..

Back on thread.. pootling to BK today...Always liked their fries..

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 21, 2017, 10:14 am

Are some of you blokes actually saying that you have taken a special trip to the airport, and not flying in or out, to have one of these heart foundation approved BK meals?

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » February 21, 2017, 11:25 am

Yes Siree Barney, from near Makro to the airport just for a BK fix, even to Nong Khai if there was no outlet in Udon. Do the same for cigarettes, but not milk or bread lol. The cardiologist said I need unhealthy fat in my diet, so I am taking his valued recommendation.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Not been on an aircraft for about 6 years ........ but been to BK at the airport ........ whats the diff between driving to BK for a burger or driving out to a farang restaurant out of town for a burger? :confused:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 21, 2017, 12:55 pm

Hmm,distance comes to mind..;-)

stattointhailand wrote:Not been on an aircraft for about 6 years ........ but been to BK at the airport ........ whats the diff between driving to BK for a burger or driving out to a farang restaurant out of town for a burger? :confused:

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 21, 2017, 1:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Not been on an aircraft for about 6 years ........ but been to BK at the airport ........ whats the diff between driving to BK for a burger or driving out to a farang restaurant out of town for a burger? :confused:
Im with Statto here..(Cept the plane bit).. cider n sunday roasts = Fiddlers.. BKK for a heart splodge = BK at airport. Equa distance to both for moi. :-)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

Depends where you start from?

From my place to the airport is nearer than .......... somewhere in the Old Big C area, and it's also quicker than sitting in traffic going into town ...... parking a km away and having to walk the rest :lol:

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 21, 2017, 2:31 pm

I prefer the deep-fat fried fish and greasy potatoes lathered in Super Lube. It's God's food.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 6, 2017, 4:18 pm

mak wrote:
minimiglia wrote: shame no shakes
Think DQ.
Tried DQ and awful compared to BK like chalk compared to cheese, have you ever had a BK shake?

SAMPAM FISH & CHIPS
udonmap.com

Post by SAMPAM FISH & CHIPS » March 25, 2017, 6:39 am

I think this is a match for BK
Available as a special order
SK900 Burger
@Harry's HandleBar/Sampan Fish and Chips
IMG_0573 2.JPG
IMG_0579 2.JPG
/Users/HARRY/Desktop/1484125243865.jpg

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Sorry , BK taste so good, yours looks ok but does not taste anywhere as good as BK, but that is my opinion, there chips are also the best by a country mile.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 25, 2017, 8:05 am

Sorry but BK taste so much better and their chips are fantastic. Good effort but no comparison.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 25, 2017, 8:16 am

Have to agree guys, BK make a great burger, homemade is never as good, I'm sure this guy's burgers are okay though if you can't get BK. By the by, I used to sell THOUSANDS of burgers and at no point would I ever claim to be as good as BK or indeed McDonalds, they sell millions of burgers every day, they must be doing something right. Damn I miss those shakes....
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 25, 2017, 9:19 am

Myself I never do muck Donald's.people buy them for convenience not taste.bk are or were passable for me.how do they get their burgers to be grey.bk flame grill them but I've never seen a flame in there...I've had a burger at Harry's and would say it's the best burger in town.

Kernow Kid
udonmap.com

Post by Kernow Kid » March 25, 2017, 9:51 am

SAMPAM FISH & CHIPS wrote:I think this is a match for BK
Available as a special order
SK900 Burger
@Harry's HandleBar/Sampan Fish and Chips
IMG_0573 2.JPGIMG_0579 2.JPG
How much is dat?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 25, 2017, 11:15 am

There is so much information around these days I am shocked when I hear supposed educated people claiming McDonalds and BK is good, it is such rubbish full of total crap, a burger to me is a real beef patty, lettuce, tomatoe, beetroot and cooked onion, home made and not all that bad for you. Wonders never cease but the marketing people employed by these companies have got it right, how can a burger that is left for two years not in a fridge still look the same as the day it was made, and you would eat it, f me.

http://listovative.com/10-reasons-why-y ... mcdonalds/

http://www.nutritionsecrets.com/horribl ... ting-sick/
Last edited by fatbob on March 25, 2017, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 25, 2017, 11:42 am

Now some may dispute this but Australia is the home of great burgers, we have taken what ever it started as and just refined it to the pinnacle of a great quick meal. Fatbo is correct in his advice to those who do not fear cardiac arrest, that BK, MCD are just something for the non culinary minded masses.
To receive the closest thing to the great Aussie meal you don't have to waste your time and excess fuel charge by driving to the airport. Soi sampan fish and chips has all you require to achieve the flavor and nutrition of a true aussie style hamburger. You will never get the same burger as in the BK photos, but you will get what's in the photos at Harry's handle bar.
For the record this is an absolutely unbiased review from a hamburger expert, that has as a young bloke eaten Hamburgers ( plain, with egg, with egg and cheese, with egg cheese and bacon, the works actually) on many a surfing trip up and down the east coast of Australia and also had the privilege of egg running down my hands at harrys.

Oh, another good cheese burger my young daughter loves is the cheese burger at Nok restaurant in Nong Samrong.

SAMPAM FISH & CHIPS
udonmap.com

Post by SAMPAM FISH & CHIPS » March 25, 2017, 11:46 am

We will do a double as the triple is to expensive
Beef and Bacon Double Burger will be 270 Baht and with cheese 285 Baht
/Users/HARRY/Desktop/1484125243865.jpg

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”