Comedian son confession..

General Udon Thani topics only!
Kernow Kid
udonmap.com

Comedian son confession..

Post by Kernow Kid » March 24, 2017, 8:35 pm

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... sh-police/

I'm trying to learn about this compensation process. Is this part of law here?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Comedian son confession..

Post by Marcosteffano » March 26, 2017, 10:14 am

Don't know about the law here but if your a farang they will use the law to bleed you dry even if you in the right.thailand is all about money and the best way of getting it for nothing.i don't know anywhere in the civilised world where the family bleat about compensation before the body has gone cold.if farang don't crash,if crash then get away if you can.dont let anyone know where you live as they will never leave you rich farang alone.if a idiot with no license,insurance and poor crashes into you it's tough titties.if you crash into them it's bingo,jackpot and of course lottery numbers on a payout.its called the jet ski scam law.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 26, 2017, 5:54 pm

as I understand it the compensation payments discussed are basically "condolence" money paid to the family before any charges are laid against the perpetrator. The idea is that in a face-saving society (Krieng-Jai) paying the family this money will result in the law going lighter on whoever is the culprit. In this case cha-cha-cha the comedian father of the guy driving the car at an excessive speed paid his respects at the funeral and offered compensation. If you look at many stories of accidents or even shootings when the perpetrator makes such payments charges can be lessened or that family tell the judicial system they're satisfied justice has been served. The courts seem to go along with this most of the time unless of course the story has burned up the social media..
Dave

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 27, 2017, 6:54 pm

Red Bull .....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 28, 2017, 11:54 am

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 30, 2017, 5:05 am

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... y-bangkok/

" if you have money - there is no justice '

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » March 30, 2017, 5:19 am

I don't mean to be derogatory but how long have you being living in Thailand Wazza?

This isn't something new and will continue for the foreseeable future whilst Thailand is controlled by the privileged few and that is unlikely to change unless there is a revolution (no chance of that)

I know it goes against the grain of most law abiding citizens.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2017, 7:29 am

Marcosteffano wrote:Don't know about the law here but if your a farang they will use the law to bleed you dry even if you in the right.thailand is all about money and the best way of getting it for nothing.i don't know anywhere in the civilised world where the family bleat about compensation before the body has gone cold.if farang don't crash,if crash then get away if you can.dont let anyone know where you live as they will never leave you rich farang alone.if a idiot with no license,insurance and poor crashes into you it's tough titties.if you crash into them it's bingo,jackpot and of course lottery numbers on a payout.its called the jet ski scam law.
Maybe true with you, but not so with me.

I have extracted compensation twice for damage done to my vehicles. Both times a pretty hefty amount and handled the same day. The police and perpetrator and family even thanked me for only wanting repairs with new parts done and no added phony compensation. No issues. No drama. All reports, compensation and the cases done and finished the same day.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 30, 2017, 8:33 am

tataw wrote:I don't mean to be derogatory but how long have you being living in Thailand Wazza?

This isn't something new and will continue for the foreseeable future whilst Thailand is controlled by the privileged few and that is unlikely to change unless there is a revolution (no chance of that)

I know it goes against the grain of most law abiding citizens.
Merely posting the latest updates on this scenario....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”