Pizza Hut returning to Udon

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
wazza
udonmap.com

Pizza Hut returning to Udon

Post by wazza » March 27, 2017, 5:32 pm

Pizza Hut currently refurbishing a shop in UD Town, next to Oishi Ramen

Pizza wars about to start for the plastic versions, LOL

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Pizza Hut returning to Udon

Post by macca46 » March 27, 2017, 6:14 pm

Maybe they will be a lot cheaper than Pizza Company went there just recently buy one get one free both were terrible and a small Heineken 99 baht that finished me eating there I do not eat pizza very often but when I do I like to enjoy.

Will never buy another Pizza Company meal but will try the Pizza Hut maybe never eat Pizza again who knows have had a cheap Pizza in UD town some time ago ok for the the price.

The more competition the better.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » March 27, 2017, 6:17 pm

Have you seen this? Have you tried Brooklyn's Pizza yet?
Attachments
IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG (54.09 KiB) Viewed 5079 times

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

I call them Plastic as I prefer personalised pizzas, everybody has their own taste etc

Its the same argument as McDs and BK

Papa, not yours, my post came on after yours

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 28, 2017, 10:46 am

Good corner and the little italian do some edible ones.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 28, 2017, 11:28 am

Can't beat Pizza Company IMO

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 28, 2017, 11:35 am

Tom n Jee in nong wua so on tues and Friday buy two get one free.from as little as 120 baht each.thats 240b for 3 x 14 inch pizza.im estimating that.spoke to a pal in udon last week and he paid 500baht for bogof.could of got 6 pizza out here and some change for that.while on the subject of bogof.thai don't grasp the concept of this deal.i was at do home this week and someone pointed out that they were offering bogof on air cons...yes buy the most expensive air con for its size and get a free micro wave...might as well been buy one air con get one potato free..they don't give nothing away here even the promotions are a joke.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 28, 2017, 11:42 am

wazza wrote:
Its the same argument as McDs and BK
Yep, same argument. Like their food or not, a major restaurant chain's product and service will be much more consistent than the locals.
UFF DA!

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » March 28, 2017, 10:03 pm

Jello wrote: Yep, same argument. Like their food or not, a major restaurant chain's product and service will be much more consistent than the locals.
The pizza and service, at Casper's Road House has remained consistently good, since his old Nutty Park days, to his Los Amigo's days, and for the past few years at the "Road House". IMO

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 28, 2017, 10:34 pm

Agreed, can't say I've ever had a bad meal there.

Just saying the big chain restaurants in many ways have an edge over the local restaurant's.

Some of the local restaurants will need to keep on there toes to compete.
UFF DA!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2017, 6:46 pm

Ha ha! What a brahma! A pizza company that runs out of tomatoes, absolutely the best ever... I guess I shan't be trying them then!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2017, 6:51 pm

The way forward until Pizza Hut come back

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pizza ... erState=lb
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2017, 7:30 pm

I like a beer with my pizza and like the little pizzas in Udon Town and so does my daughter. In Udon Town I can get a small one and other small snacks and not have to fill up with a half inch thick piece of pastry a foor wide. Pizza is pizza is only just a pizza, nothing great about it and any delivery of a food product like pizza I find reduces the whole taste sensation thing big time. Not that we don't sometimes grab a Pizza Company deal on the way home occasionally.
My mob like the thick crust and I love thin crust, straight out of the oven. Pizza Hut make the best thin cardboard style crust pizza with a sit in meal. Not take away.
IMO there is no take away pizza better than any other take away pizza any where and worth traipsing all over town to get one. Especially when you live outside the ring road.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie its amore. Well to some it is.

Kernow Kid
udonmap.com

Post by Kernow Kid » March 29, 2017, 7:42 pm

When all is said and done.. western interpretations etc.. pizza.. is cheese on toast.. really.. just variations of a theme and BS.. :-)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2017, 7:48 pm

I disagree with you Barney, there is good pizza and crap pizza. In the U.K. I used to use pizza gogo and the best ever is the oven grinder in Chicago, the home of real pizza pie. The Pizza Company is a squillion times better that it was ten years ago but in the grand scheme of things it's still mediocre, passable. Pizza Hut will be a welcome addition to the local offerings if it does happen.

Kernow Kid
udonmap.com

Post by Kernow Kid » March 29, 2017, 8:13 pm

Kernow Kid wrote:When all is said and done.. western interpretations etc.. pizza.. is cheese on toast.. really.. just variations of a theme and BS.. :-)
EXCEPT if you go to Italy.. really.. Una pizza margarita con due uova.. A simple pizza with cheese n tomato... and two eggs dropped on it.. belissimo.. really..

No idea if I have written it right in Italian.. but I tried. :-)

Bye guys in Udon UM forum.. I'm heading South.. to try out the islands.. its been fun in Udon Thani. gone now.

Cheers from the Corn.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 29, 2017, 11:20 pm

jingjai wrote: The pizza and service, at Casper's Road House has remained consistently good, since his old Nutty Park days, to his Los Amigo's days, and for the past few years at the "Road House". IMO
Jello wrote:Agreed, can't say I've ever had a bad meal there..
As I said, never had a bad meal there, although they were closed when I went there this evening.
I'm guessing Pizza Hut's going to be open every day of the week. :-k
UFF DA!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 4:17 pm

Yesterday I went to UD Town and saw this! I can't wait for this to be opened, it's being kitted out now so won't be long...
Attachments
IMG_1358.JPG

fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2017, 4:33 pm

I am always surprised when support is shown with such enthusiasm to yet another multi national company, are there not any small family run or individual pizza business's in Udon??? Yes there is, many, why not throw your support behind the small family business where goods are purchased locally which helps everyone locally??? Wonders never cease to amaze me...progress hey.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 4:43 pm

Simple really, most of the pizza I've tried in UT just doesn't cut it, I eat out and support local businesses EVERY day but I think some things are better from the chains, pizza being one of them.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”