Pizza Hut returning to Udon

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by PAPA Z » April 20, 2017, 5:28 pm

fatbob wrote:I am always surprised when support is shown with such enthusiasm to yet another multi national company, are there not any small family run or individual pizza business's in Udon??? Yes there is, many, why not throw your support behind the small family business where goods are purchased locally which helps everyone locally??? Wonders never cease to amaze me...progress hey.
Thank you for saying this! The chains drive assembly lines, and with quantity quality is lost.
One never gets real value for money.
You just can't beat a real pizza from a mom and pop shop who know how great pizza is truly made, nor will you get better deals anywhere than these small shops.
Papa Z

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 20, 2017, 5:33 pm

fatbob wrote: Yes there is, many, why not throw your support behind the small family business where goods are purchased locally which helps everyone locally???.
Ok why don t you give us names and adresses of local suppliers/shops that you patronize !!! Personally i shop LOCAL...when i say local i mean Thai shops. Whenever the quality or the price do not meet my expectations i simply do not buy. Few times i had the opportunity to try pizzas from local stores, or frozen pizzas or supermarket pizzas and none came close to what i call a pizza.
BTW today at Tops supermarket in the bakery section there is a company promoting a new thin-crust pizza.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » April 20, 2017, 5:34 pm

fatbob wrote:I am always surprised when support is shown with such enthusiasm to yet another multi national company, are there not any small family run or individual pizza business's in Udon??? Yes there is, many, why not throw your support behind the small family business where goods are purchased locally which helps everyone locally??? Wonders never cease to amaze me...progress hey.
Bob,
I invite you to give us a try at Brooklyn's Original Pizza on Adulyadet Road.
Papa Z

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 5:49 pm

Today we ate in Ban Chiang in a local roadside restaurant. Last night we ate in My Fathers Chicken UD Town, Yesterday morning we ate in the big 5 shop wide restaurant over the flyover on Nittayo road, the night before we bought pork ribs from Nong Bua Market and had a barbecue at home, that morning we ate in the restaurant next to the 5 shop wide restaurant, we don't do too much shopping because we eat out most of the time but in general if we do shop we go to the market near our house for our pork, fish and veg but use big c for our toiletries and stuff, local enough?
Last edited by vincemunday on April 20, 2017, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 20, 2017, 5:50 pm

Why I there another post for pizza hut starting up. ???

And the same people commenting about it.

Just another thread about a huge company that don't give a brass razoo,

I suppose it gives sponsors and others a chance to unashamedly promote a product that has nothing to do with pizza hut opening.

:? :-s

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 6:02 pm

I did a search for Pizza Hut opening and nothing came up but perhaps if there is one perhaps UM could add this thread to the bottom of it, but I think the actual opening of the shop will be of interest to some people.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » April 20, 2017, 6:40 pm

May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 6:47 pm

Lol I should have left 'opening' off of the search. UM, please add this thread to the bottom of Pizza Hut returning if it's not too difficult? I still think it's great news it's actually opening.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » April 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

I have to confess to being a bit partial to Pizza Hut nosh too

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 7:02 pm

Their salad bar is a bit passé but I love it!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » April 20, 2017, 7:51 pm

Hehe, its the sneeze guard that everyone leans under & the general cleanliness of the utensils that gets me.
If like me, the bar is set pretty low, at least you can count on it no matter where you are in the world

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2017, 8:09 pm

Personally, I think Pizza Hut is the worst of the chain outlets, more so with the heavily adulterated recipes to suit local tastes. Pizza Company offers less buggered up basics and of course Domino's isn't even on the Udon radar.

I am all for the local mom and pop pizzeria but I think there's more than a few members who, when seeking a pizza 'here and now', have ventured to any one of the past and existing local providers and find they are either closed, their particular selection isn't available that day, service was dire or the final product was rather... meh. That's the problem with doing foreign food in Udon and any other provincial town; lack of consistency. Consistency comes from having a steady demand for set products. Pizza Co/Hut, etc., may be serving a tasty but rather mediocre pizza in a rather sterile environment but they are open when you want it and have what you want. The staff generally have a clue about what they are selling as well.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2017, 8:10 pm

the-monk wrote:
fatbob wrote: Yes there is, many, why not throw your support behind the small family business where goods are purchased locally which helps everyone locally???.
Ok why don t you give us names and adresses of local suppliers/shops that you patronize !!! Personally i shop LOCAL...when i say local i mean Thai shops. Whenever the quality or the price do not meet my expectations i simply do not buy. Few times i had the opportunity to try pizzas from local stores, or frozen pizzas or supermarket pizzas and none came close to what i call a pizza.
BTW today at Tops supermarket in the bakery section there is a company promoting a new thin-crust pizza.
You obviously don't get out much, a frozen supermarket pizza is not for me, I'm talking freshly made in a restaurant...When I say local I mean Thai and Western, covering all those that have made this wonderful place home,,, each to there own though but I will always throw my support to those individuals that have a go, Thai or Westerners.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » April 20, 2017, 8:29 pm

If they do deliveries outside the ring road I'm all for it

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2017, 8:32 pm

Fortunately for me I've eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world, some of which to be honest have been a complete disappointment, indeed I've eaten in a couple of the most highly rated restaurants in UT and frankly they were complete and utter crap so sometimes supporting the local businesses backfires big time. Frozen pizza is okay, it is what it is, and I would rather eat a Dr Oetker pizza than be subjected to some of the nonsense I've been presented with by some of the vendors here.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 20, 2017, 8:53 pm

Come on Fatbob tell us your favorite eateries.... Who ever mentioned frozen supermarket pizza ? You certainly don t know your pizzas... some frozen pizzas ( maybe not in UD) are better than most restos, your best pizza chains back home offer the very same best pizzas at the frozen food section of your supermarket, and i would venture to guess that quite a few pizza shops in UD use frozen dough.. Is that ok with you ? Frozen dough Fresh pizza ? Yes, whenever i get out, i privilege the LOCAL Thai over the local expat shops.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 21, 2017, 7:24 am

For me the secret of a good pizza is in the cheese used. I understand Pizza hut use a dry mozzarella which is how the original Italian version is made. According to the attached article many places use fake cheese, even fake ham, whilst these may appear to look good, the test is in the taste. I have tried some of the locally produced ones , both chain and private places and whilst I am no expert gourmet it is obvious some are taking the short cut to higher profitability by using substitute (fake) products.Maybe we should ask first before buying?
http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/04/one-in-fo ... e-6169666/
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2017, 7:34 am

Absolutely right Truebrit, I've been served some really nasty pizza here in Udon Thani (please note this isn't an invitation for a sponsor to add his menu) and it's almost definitely down to rubbish ingredients. What some of these people need to understand is that chains whether it be Mc Donald's, KFC, Pizza Hut etc become chains because they produce people what want to eat, of course this might not suit the sensibilities of some of the apparent gourmands on this forum but it's fact, you don't get to be a multi billion pound chain without getting something right.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » April 21, 2017, 8:45 am

Pizza Hut offers a quality product. I look forward to their opening.
Pizza Hut Unveils Big Changes to Chain’s Ingredient List
On Tuesday, the chain – owned by Yum Brands (yum, +0.77%) – outlined four big changes to its list of ingredients that will occur starting this summer and continue through 2020. They are:

Removing food additives BHA and BHT from all meats by the end of July
Eliminating use of preservatives in cheese by the end of March 2017
Human antibiotics will be removed from chicken used for its pizza by the end of March 2017
Stripping additional additives and preservatives by 2020.
"It is important to know what's in your food and we want to be clean and clear about what's in it," says Jeff Fox, chief brand and concept officer at Pizza Hut.
http://fortune.com/2016/05/31/pizza-hut ... gredients/

#1 pizza in the US. =D>
http://www.pizzatoday.com/pizzeria-rank ... companies/
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2017, 9:08 am

Jello wrote: ...
#1 pizza in the US. =D>
http://www.pizzatoday.com/pizzeria-rank ... companies/
You are confusing "the biggest" with "the best."

But like many things when it comes to food, it is a matter of personal choice and not necessarily taste.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”