Normal Postal Delivery in Udon City

General Udon Thani topics only!
wazza
udonmap.com

Normal Postal Delivery in Udon City

Post by wazza » May 2, 2017, 11:47 am

Somewhat frustrated in the ad hoc postal delivery here in Udon City

I live in Amphur Muang, and it seems its approximately weekly ? as I get a delivery of 5-6 items, ( Int and Domestic )

Anyone got any substantiated delivery times they are aware of , before I photocopy my passport and visa and head off to the Post Office to enquire.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Normal Postal Delivery in Udon City

Post by macca46 » May 2, 2017, 12:44 pm

Best of luck T.I.T from what I have seen parcel delivery seems to be quicker than mail which is always hit and miss.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 2, 2017, 1:49 pm

Ummmmmmmm !! I Live in A.Muang Nong Khai,But as yet have had NO Bills from True for 2 Months Now....But in that time I HAVE Had 2 Parcels from The U.K & 1 Parcel from Lazada ( Which came from China ) Arrive before any letters, As For Birthday Cards Forget those,My Sister posted 2 to me the middle of March & They haven't Turned Up...........YET !!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

FYI

An EMS letter arrives in BKK in 2 days maximum, 1400 hrs seems to be the cut off date

A registered letter is up to 5 days - Udon to BKK

EMS BKK to Udon is 1-2 days

Bangkok Bank Credit Card statements, issued on 24th of each month , arriving on 15th -18th next month. Thats my formal complaint with them. Im sure they use a bulk postage delivery for this Thailand wide, but 3 weeks is taking the P*ss

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 2, 2017, 2:54 pm

Mail delivery to our house in the jungle was hit or miss......then we got a PO box in town. Although there was a hiccup in delivery after the fire at the post office, that problem has been solved. I've received ATM, credit cards, and Christmas cards without incident. Ok, sometimes a Christmas card arrives in January.....but probably more due to late mailing than late delivery. Cost for the box....500 Baht.
Better yet, you can do just about everything online....'cept get your new ATM/credit card. But bank statements, social security info, pension statements......I get them online.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 3, 2017, 11:27 am

on the flip side outgoing international letter mail sent from the Udon main post office to the United States Long Ta Bien (not EMS) costs 97 baht and can take up to 3-4 weeks to get to the final Stateside address. The registration slip number allows you to track the letter via the Thai and U.S. postal websites.. Udon-BKK (2 days), to Suvarnaphumi international post (1 more day), then it sits and sits and sits at Suvarnaphumi for up to 2-3 weeks for some inexplicable reason before being despatched to the States.. The U.S. Postal website will even show the letter "pending despatch" from Suvarnaphumi.. This has happened with the last 3 birthday cards I've sent out.. Strange that it sits at the airport so long, almost as if they were filling a container with letter mail before sending it.
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 3, 2017, 12:05 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:on the flip side outgoing international letter mail sent from the Udon main post office to the United States Long Ta Bien (not EMS) costs 97 baht and can take up to 3-4 weeks to get to the final Stateside address. The registration slip number allows you to track the letter via the Thai and U.S. postal websites.. Udon-BKK (2 days), to Suvarnaphumi international post (1 more day), then it sits and sits and sits at Suvarnaphumi for up to 2-3 weeks for some inexplicable reason before being despatched to the States.. The U.S. Postal website will even show the letter "pending despatch" from Suvarnaphumi.. This has happened with the last 3 birthday cards I've sent out.. Strange that it sits at the airport so long, almost as if they were filling a container with letter mail before sending it.
I used to send mail like this, then realized that 19 Baht postage got the letter to the US just as fast. You can't track it for 19 Baht, but it always gets to the desired location.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 5, 2017, 5:02 pm

ah, and my latest sent April 25th actually forwarded quite rapidly and hit NYC in the States on the 2nd of May.. Best yet... I hope the other three were anomalies but this one was probably the odd one out..
Dave

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » May 5, 2017, 9:23 pm

We live on an estate near Do home.

Quite a few greetings cards sent from the UK never made it here. Also although the postman passes daily but actual mail delivery at our place was once every 2 weeks. This went on for most of last year.

This year has been better with deliveries twice a week.

It seemed that the mail hold up was udon post office for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2017, 7:34 am

When I moved here some years ago, I had major problems getting the post delivered and after a formal complaint , they found the Postman had been storing letters at his home. Not that I EVER got the mails so stored , but that is another story. I then went for and got a PO Box, since then get all my mail, as the post never leaves the Post office, which does away with the lazy incompetent and sometimes a thief handling my mail.

The man in charges of the Post office was reminded that it was Royal Thai mail and that theft or destruction of it was a serious offence, also that he would be held responsible if the mail never got delivered again. Sometimes you just need a good Thai man to explain the niceties of Thailand to Govt officials.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » May 6, 2017, 10:28 am

Khun Paul wrote:When I moved here some years ago, I had major problems getting the post delivered and after a formal complaint , they found the Postman had been storing letters at his home. Not that I EVER got the mails so stored , but that is another story. I then went for and got a PO Box, since then get all my mail, as the post never leaves the Post office, which does away with the lazy incompetent and sometimes a thief handling my mail.

The man in charges of the Post office was reminded that it was Royal Thai mail and that theft or destruction of it was a serious offence, also that he would be held responsible if the mail never got delivered again. Sometimes you just need a good Thai man to explain the niceties of Thailand to Govt officials.
Reminds me of a friends brother in law in the UK who was a postman. He spent a month or so leaving home every day for work but didn't actually deliver any letters as he stashed them in a lock up. When he was found out, his wife asked him what he had been doing all day and he said "just walking the streets" - pretty much what a postie does anyway which, is what she pointed out before asking him to leave. Strange people the world over!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 6, 2017, 10:43 am

Im sure postal items using non thai font will attract some attention. Duty. Inspections. Pilfering etc.

Have had approx 5 items opened in last few years from overseas.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”