3BB outage

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
tamada
udonmap.com

3BB outage

Post by tamada » June 16, 2017, 8:59 pm

I lost my 3BB connection mid-afternoon today, Friday. Called them up and after a couple of short 'please hold' interludes was advised some major line work was being done somewhere south east (I am on the east ring road, just off the Nong Sai road) and hopefully service will be restored some time tomorrow.

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: 3BB outage

Post by Galee » June 16, 2017, 9:10 pm

Whenever I've had problems with them that's their stock answer.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 16, 2017, 11:09 pm

We slowed down to 0.70 mps here in Amper Muang and got the usual "we apologise for the inconvenience, we will advise the technicians in your area, thank you for choosing 3BB", we've had a lot of problems lately.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » June 17, 2017, 6:11 am

Our service goes out about once a week for several hours and the stock answer is that the cable is cut or the server is down or both the cable is cut and the server is down. When I observe how the cabling and the wiring is installed on the poles thru the trees and thru and over the bamboo. I am surprised that it only goes out about once or so per week. TIT......:)
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2017, 10:22 am

Service was restored around 10 PM last night and I got a shitload of work done. Unfortunately, it's dead again this morning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2017, 10:37 am

pf-flyer wrote:Our service goes out about once a week for several hours and the stock answer is that the cable is cut or the server is down or both the cable is cut and the server is down. When I observe how the cabling and the wiring is installed on the poles thru the trees and thru and over the bamboo. I am surprised that it only goes out about once or so per week. TIT......:)
It is tree lopping season as well. There was a circus of clowns trimming the trees opposite the pedestrian bridge at Udon Christian school a couple of days go. They managed to hack off 90% of the stuff that was fouling the power/phone/internet lines but notably left at least a couple of big, old-growth branches that were already well embedded in the cables.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2017, 5:48 pm

Back up and running around mid-day.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”