PC repair shop

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
dalek
udonmap.com

PC repair shop

Post by dalek » June 17, 2017, 6:45 am

Can anyone recommend a reliable repair shop in Udon city? My laptop fan needs replacing.
I know there's one in Central, but is there one somewhere else that's good?

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: PC repair shop

Post by macca46 » June 17, 2017, 7:48 am

I had problems with my computer this week, took it to a place at the back of Centrals new covered car park as you walk out of the car park cross the road and head up left fairly big open shop they repaired it that day and the cost was minimal, worth a try.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 17, 2017, 8:00 am

There are actually 2 other repair shops in a very short distance from the place macca46 describes.
One immediately next door to it (Doctor PC) & then just before the lights, but on the opposite side of the road (108). 108 is actually on both sides of the road, but the shop on the same side is just for sales.

I have never used any of them for a repair, but what you need to do should be within the capabilities of just about anywhere that calls itself a computer repair shop.
From past experiences, 108 know what they are talking about, but tend to be the most expensive option for spare parts..

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » June 17, 2017, 8:06 am

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look when I get chance.

I'm obviously not very observant, although I don't go into town very often anyway.
This new open car park is behind and separate from the Central building?
I'm guessing now, when you say "cross the road", is that the service road at the back of Central, and does it take you to the area next to the nightclub Tawan Deang?

I've used Easy108 for repairs before, but the last time I went in (over a year ago) I was told the service guy had left and they weren't doing repairs right then. Perhaps that's changed since?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 17, 2017, 8:14 am

It is on the same road as The Little Italian Restaurant the car parks are the back of Central.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 17, 2017, 8:28 am

map.png
Mouse click to enlarge

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 17, 2017, 9:35 am

108? wish I had a dollar for every bad story I've heard about that place, lol
Take it to 'Ploy Notebook' at Landmark... he's the only person I can truly recommend, he may well have the replacement fan unit in stock as all he does is laptop repairs.

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » June 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Stevo,

I didn't know that Easy108 had a bad reputation? I went there twice for a couple of repairs and it was fine.

However, Ploy Notebook in Landmark - is it easy to find, and which floor is it?

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 17, 2017, 9:49 am

Ploy's place used to be in the far corner of the computer floor in Landmark, but I heard he changed unit's to a different one on the same floor. I haven't been in there for months, but if you ask any of the sellers on the computer floor for 'Ploy notebook' they will know where he is... or just look for a guy working on his own in a unit stocked with only laptop parts, he will most likely have a soldering iron in hand repairing a motherboard, lol... he's the only guy I know here who takes it down to 'board level'.. very knowledgeable chap and a nice guy to boot.

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » June 17, 2017, 10:23 am

OK, thanks . Ploy Notebook sounds like it's worth investigating. Are his prices reasonable?
From what I gather, the PC repair shop in Central on the second floor seems to have a reputation for being expensive, just on labour charges.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 17, 2017, 10:41 am

A replacement fan assembly should cost around ฿600 or so depending on make and model of the machine, labour should be 2 to 3 hundred Baht... some (Samsung for example) are easier/quicker to replace cpu fans, others will need the motherboard to be removed to gain access.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”