uk tv's

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
alphonso47114
udonmap.com

uk tv's

Post by alphonso47114 » June 16, 2017, 2:17 am

have a hitachi L42vco4u, and a sanyo ce32Lcd 17-b, both bought in uk does anybody know if these will work in thailand ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: uk tv's

Post by tamada » June 16, 2017, 9:12 pm

I may be wrong but I think you will get a picture but the IF is different and you'll have no sound.

Newer, more expensive televisions will have country selection options that will sort out the above but usually it's for a general market like Europe or Far East. Maybe you'll get lucky and at least one of them will be a 'universal' telly.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » June 17, 2017, 8:05 am

I brought a TV over here 20 yeare ago when we moved over and as tamada has stated we got a picture and no sound.
Not worth taking the chance and think about the duty you will have to pay.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 17, 2017, 8:23 am

Wee Jimmy wrote:I brought a TV over here 20 yeare ago when we moved over and as tamada has stated we got a picture and no sound.
Not worth taking the chance and think about the duty you will have to pay.

If you do bring it and you have it in your checked baggage and it doesn't break you are unlikely to get stopped for a baggage check on arrival and even if you are selected for an x-ray scan you are unlikely to be asked to pay import duty.

The baggage checks are looking for contraband items like drugs, designer good for resale, guns etc.

They are not (usually/ever) interested in single items for personal use. I have been checked with new Festool tools in my baggage and after they checked that there was not more than one of each waved on. They were each probably more expensive than a TV.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

alphonso47114
udonmap.com

Post by alphonso47114 » June 17, 2017, 2:53 pm

thankyou all for the replies

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”