Filter Set Up

General Udon Thani topics only!
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Filter Set Up

Post by kopkei » June 19, 2017, 4:41 pm

so if the real problem is to much calcium in the water , i think you will have a problem to solve this easy and economically ,now we are using city water , with a small 5way uv filter under the sink to make it potable...
what i would do in your case is, a try to adapt the items that are in direct contact of this hard water to withstand the bad influences , for us no problem ,(non potable home use)or you can try to use the double filters ,(like the biggest one barney posted , not smaller)if the water has no smell only raisin filter for the calcium , but what they forget to tell you mostly in the shop is that you most backwash / reactivate the raisin with salt every month , in my case it was 10kg of salt in the filter , leave it a few hours and than backwash so the raisin is reactivated , you must think of the raisin as a flower , that collect all the calcium particles but at a moment will be saturated and in need of refreshment and cleaning ...so you must look the filter has an easy fill up cap for the salt ,if i would do it all over again i would adapt the home to the use of hard water , of course now we use city water and have sandy(sometimes) well water for the garden ... ;)

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 19, 2017, 5:07 pm

Thanks for all input.

Probably easiest to go with the locally supplied product.
Barney/Kopkei, looks like I'm on the right track now.
I looked at the axact same ones as you pictured today Barney.

I am not going to do anything until next trip so I might as well wait until you install yours then come check it out.

In the meantime I will look at their manual on the web, in English, and see what it's all about.
Thanks
Mick

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

mickojak wrote:Ok, great.
I thought they were much bigger than that.

So, this sits between your tank and pump, so your pump sucks through it?
Mick
Your getting to be hard work.once again..tank to pump....pump to filter...filter to house ...sorry but my system feeds a 150,000 litre swimming pool.house and bungalow plus 2 apartments,soon.don't take my advice I'm only a hydroponic master and koi keeper in the uk where you pour a piñata of water out of the tap and even though it is drinkable looks like milk.as for people saying,oh it's looking like crystal clear water.go try have a pint and see if you've got it right.im getting bored now,I can't keep writing the instructions,I've got better things to do.oh before I forget,you can buy them fancy super stainless 5ft tubes that have a flush but then20 inch does the same.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 20, 2017, 6:10 am

Sorry Marco, didn't mean to get you all upset.
My problem is that the high calcium content is F^*individual up my pump.
So, I want to remove it before the pump.

That's what I'm getting at.
Mick

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 20, 2017, 6:42 am

sorry marco , did you not post this?...I pump from the well to the holding tanks where I get most of the particles to settle and then pump to the house/pool through a 18 inch two stage filter.the big two part blue long units.
so are u using also 2 pumps?.. :? what i post here is own experience with the problem , i am surely not the expert but try to find a solution , and those blue filters did not do the job with me and needed so frequent cleaning /changing cartridges...too small at least in our case ...what are those filters? and do they remove calcium as asked by the OP ?...
to know if the water is potable you need to leave it test and than they will tell you what filters needed...
and reverse osmosis is not necessary , for good reverse osmosis you will need a bigger (expensive)system than the small idiot ones they sell here ..every situation is different ... ;)

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 21, 2017, 10:27 am

Yes I do have 2 pumps.1 from the well to the storage tanks where most of the calcium,lime and other crap sinks to the bottom,from the tanks it is pumped to the 2 stage filter (blue one) your problem seems to be a bad well supply if it's messing up the pump.i know sod all about wells as I had mine here when I moved in.if your water is that bad you may have to get a pro in and look at an alternative source.also the blue filter won't be any good.you will need a flushable waste type or you'll be forever buying cartridges.

carlyai

Post by carlyai » June 26, 2017, 5:29 am

"I'm about to get a slab poured"
Don't forget the waste water P traps.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”