The Udon TAP (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 13, 2017, 11:08 pm

grievous wrote:
July 13, 2017, 7:18 pm
Draft taster sounds like a winner, can you Choose any of the drafts?
YES,,Choose any 4 of the 10 drafts ...not the wine obviously !!... there some pics of the draft taster set on the Tap FB page ..i think .

Another nice day today ... mix of age groups , nationalities and beer preferences :D

Dm

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 13, 2017, 11:19 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 13, 2017, 11:08 pm
grievous wrote:
YES,,Choose any 4 of the 10 drafts ...not the wine obviously !!... there some pics of the draft taster set on the Tap FB page ..i think .

Another nice day today ... mix of age groups , nationalities and beer preferences :D

Dm
Is that 4 half pints for 500baht or 4 pints for 500baht?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 14, 2017, 6:51 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
July 13, 2017, 11:19 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 13, 2017, 11:08 pm
grievous wrote:

Dm
Is that 4 half pints for 500baht or 4 pints for 500baht?
It is a draft taster set for 2 people to sample the draft prior to buying a pint of the one they prefer ... so ...of course it is not 4 full pints ...its offers the customer a choice of any of the drafts (excluding the wine) each glass is 25ml .. at 500 bt thats 125 bt per glass but its up to the individuals mindset and budget as to if it represents good value or not .. so far our Thai customers seem to love the idea :D ... and the record to date id 21 in a single day , yesterday we sold only 5 but again it enenabled the customers to decide which was their personal favourite to go for the full pint ..

Beer snack plates going ok ... tho we fully understand we need to get the kitchen and full STEAK TAPAS and THAI FUSION menu up n running asap ... when we find a realiable cook .. still looking .

Nice n busy today .

DM

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 14, 2017, 7:35 pm

its offers the customer a choice of any of the drafts (excluding the wine) each glass is 25ml

Jon
Do you mean 250ml ?????
25ml is a shot glass isn't it? :-"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 14, 2017, 8:50 pm

Barney wrote:
July 14, 2017, 7:35 pm
its offers the customer a choice of any of the drafts (excluding the wine) each glass is 25ml

Jon
Do you mean 250ml ?????
25ml is a shot glass isn't it? :-"
Doooh yep Barney i actually meant to write CL ...25 c l which is same same 250 ml ...well done for spotting my deliberate mistake .

SO FAR 6 sets sold this evening , all Thais ... and all have gone on to buy a 50 CL of the taster beer they most prefered ..

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

DM is away to Bangers today but its bizz as usual 4pm till 11pm at the Tap ...as we now have 3 staff to assist .. we have also secured the services of an experienced cook so decided to set a target of Tuesday 1 st August to open the Kitchen and the full menu which to kick off with will comprise of 20 items only ...

6 Steak n Grill choices
6 Tapas Choices
6 Thai dishes
2 Desserts

Plus daily Specials as n when on the specials board .

The wood fired pizza oven will be in operation Fridays and Saturdays starting but not starting till mid/late August ...

As ever ALL welcome to drop in browse or buy ...
Now serving
12 draft taps
100 plus bottles beverages
Aussie Wine
Walkers snacks and Brit Cadburys chocolate .

Dm n Dao

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 22, 2017, 2:58 pm

DM got his head back on after a rather lengthly trip to BKK and deliveries to the lower Isaan tribal areas ...

Seems like Dao n the new staff managed ok without me ... and even better the new opening times 4pm - 11pm are working out great .

As ever ALL welcome to drop in browse or buy ...

Now serving Beers Ciders Stouts and crafts ...on 12 draft taps
100 plus bottles beverages
2 draft Spanish Wine taps and Aussie Bottled Wine
Walkers snacks and Brit Cadburys chocolate .

Lots of DRAFT guest ales lined up !!

Dm n Dao

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 27, 2017, 10:45 pm

Went in the Tap tonight and for the first time ever I saw a grumpy Jon. At first he tried to make out it was the pressure of training the new staff but he later confessed that his favourite katoeey has had the op, chin up mate..... As always young Jon is a great host and still serves the best beer in Udon.
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP .. A sausage in a Jar !! (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 28, 2017, 10:49 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 27, 2017, 10:45 pm
Went in the Tap tonight and for the first time ever I saw a grumpy Jon. At first he tried to make out it was the pressure of training the new staff but he later confessed that his favourite katoeey has had the op, chin up mate..... As always young Jon is a great host and still serves the best beer in Udon.
Ur a wise old owl Vincent ... you saw thru my rather sombre n subued mood , actually the new staff were getting on my tits and trying to train them is like pulling teeth .. the fact that my favourite heshe has had the meat n two veg lopped off just compounded this .. making for a strange day . DM is over it now and full of beans again ...unlike the loverly N***** genitalia which is in a jar on the mantlepiece .....i will live to fight another day :lol: :lol:

Back in the real world .... a few points of note ..

The Taps new 4 pm to 11 pm opening times are working out great more numerous reasons .

FOOD We are now serving a small selection of Thai dishes with the full Steak n Tapas menu coming on line early in August ..

Drop by to try one of over 120 bottled beers in stock .....or maybe a draft ...

NOW SERVING on 12 DRAFT TAPS ...

TAP 1 - Old Speckled Hen real ale
TAP 2 - KOPPARBERG Cider
TAP 3 - Belhaven Stout
TAP 4 - Limburse Witte - Belgian Wheat
TAP 5 - KWAK - Strong BELG Ale 8.4%
TAP 6 - LIMBURSE Raddler WHEAT Manao
TAP 7 - Triple Karmeliet Belg strong triple grain Amber ale 8.4%
TAP 8 - Limbursge Rose - Rose Wheat
TAP 9 - FRESH SQUEEZE craft IPA from USA (Guest)
TAP 10 - ROGUE DEAD GUY craft ALE from USA (Guest)
TAP 11 - Blanco Espana white wine
TAP 12 - Rioja Espana red wine

UP N COMING Guest beers - to follow the Fresh Squeeze and Dead Guy
individual MULE IPA (BELG IPA)
SQUEAL LIKE A PIG ( Canadian Amber ale)

STILL 2 MORE DRAFT TAPS TO FIT - BECKS LAGER FROM GERMANY AND ANOTHER TO BE ANNOUNCED !!!

*** 8 NEW BEERS ARRIVING FROM New Zealand on the Tap shelves from Thursday NEXT WEEK ...

Stein Lager classic
Stein PURE
MACS Rock hopper pils
MACS Green Beret IPA
MACS BLACK Mac porter stout
MACS Sassy Red ale
MACS Great White Wheat
MACS Three Wolves Pale Ale

Also ...ALL the Aussie bottled beers will be restocked next week as sold out very quickly ...

As ever all welcome to drop by , browse , buy , drink / eat in or take home remember our new trading hours are
4pm to 11pm

DM n Dao

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP .. PORK PIE ALERT !! (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 29, 2017, 4:04 pm

ADDED ON TO THE INFO BELOW ... PORK PIE ALERT !!!!!!!...

After many customer requests and being out of stock for a while due the supplier being out of the country ...now pleased to say the Traditional Brit icon MELTON MOWBRAY PORK PIES ARE BACK .. 2 sizes small/snack and large for the real salad dodgers . Available only from Udon Tap and Tbar ( i will deliver Steves tomorrow ). First delivery was 60 / 40 split (large / small ) .. and they wont last long as previously selling well over 200 per month .. another 100 already being made in Bkk ... At the moment take away only tho they will feature on the NEW TAP RESTAURANT MENU starting August and further more be sold from the new outlet opening next door.

The current info i have on this is its very close to being completed with equipment waiting customs clearance and the opening stock being sorted including the imported beef arriving in August ... bringing the beef in directly seems to have been a real headache doc wise but it means pricing on the core products like imported steak cuts will be very keen...great news for Udon steak lovers and also The Tap as we will be buying and putting this on our menu .

The Taps new 4 pm to 11 pm opening times are working out great more numerous reasons .

FOOD We are now serving a small selection of Thai dishes with the full Steak n Tapas menu coming on line early in August ..

TAP 2 - KOPPARBERG Cider
TAP 3 - Belhaven Stout

STILL 2 MORE DRAFT TAPS TO FIT - BECKS LAGER FROM GERMANY AND ANOTHER TO BE ANNOUNCED !!!

*** 8 NEW BEERS ARRIVING FROM New Zealand on the Tap shelves from Thursday NEXT WEEK ...

Stein Lager classic
Stein PURE
MACS Rock hopper pils
MACS Green Beret IPA
MACS Sassy Red ale
MACS Great White Wheat

Also ...ALL the Aussie bottled beers will be restocked next week as sold out very quickly ...

As ever all welcome to drop by , browse , buy , drink / eat in or take home remember our new trading hours are
4pm to 11pm

DM n Dao
[/quote]

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP .. PORK PIE ALERT !! (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 30, 2017, 4:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 29, 2017, 4:04 pm
ADDED ON TO THE INFO BELOW ... PORK PIE ALERT !!!!!!!...

After many customer requests and being out of stock for a while due the supplier being out of the country ...now pleased to say the Traditional Brit icon MELTON MOWBRAY PORK PIES ARE BACK .. 2 sizes small/snack and large for the real salad dodgers . Available only from Udon Tap and Tbar ( i will deliver Steves tomorrow ). First delivery was 60 / 40 split (large / small ) .. and they wont last long as previously selling well over 200 per month .. another 100 already being made in Bkk ... At the moment take away only tho they will feature on the NEW TAP RESTAURANT MENU starting August and further more be sold from the new outlet opening next door.

The current info i have on this is its very close to being completed with equipment waiting customs clearance and the opening stock being sorted including the imported beef arriving in August ... bringing the beef in directly seems to have been a real headache doc wise but it means pricing on the core products like imported steak cuts will be very keen...great news for Udon steak lovers and also The Tap as we will be buying and putting this on our menu .

TAP 2 - KOPPARBERG Cider
TAP 3 - Belhaven Stout

Stein Lager classic
Stein PURE
MACS Rock hopper pils
MACS Green Beret IPA
MACS Sassy Red ale
MACS Great White Wheat

4pm to 11pm

DM n Dao
[/quote]

As posted above dropped off the PORK PIES at Steves Tbar this lunch time .. he already had some pre orders for them , i fact one young chap waiting at the bar when i arrived , Steve reordered the same quanitity again :D ..must say i took the chance to have a Sunday roast and bread n Butter pudding whilst there .. delicious really enjoyed it ...a quick NIGHT OWL at Bazzs Benchwarmers on the way home made for a nice couple of hours ... both places busy .

DM

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » July 30, 2017, 8:30 pm

DM, just want to say the Pork Pies are absolutely delicious, and highly recommended, they are very well seasoned and the jelly in the pies is just perfect, I will certainly be a regular for them at Steves.
Thanks again.
Cheers.
Pete
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 30, 2017, 8:38 pm

UdonThaniPete wrote:
July 30, 2017, 8:30 pm
DM, just want to say the Pork Pies are absolutely delicious, and highly recommended, they are very well seasoned and the jelly in the pies is just perfect, I will certainly be a regular for them at Steves.
Thanks again.
Cheers.
Pete
Good news .. pleased you enjoyed , ive just had one myself , half with HP sauce Half with Colmans mustard , nice hard pastry , jelly and excellent nicely seasoned filling no bias here they are bloody loverly . Steves already re ordered :D

DM

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » July 30, 2017, 11:31 pm

I have to agree, Jon. The one I had at the Tap on Saturday night was spot on. I know it was originally intended to be your supper, but ended up being mine, made it all the more tasty.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP The MACS SET (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2017, 12:51 pm

Adhoc wrote:
July 30, 2017, 11:31 pm
I have to agree, Jon. The one I had at the Tap on Saturday night was spot on. I know it was originally intended to be your supper, but ended up being mine, made it all the more tasty.
Pleased you enjoyed MY SUPPER ... with sales from the T bar and Tap first 100 PORK PIES sold out very quickly .. 200 more being made as i type .

DM been away longer than usual this trip due to the flooding bu it seems Dao n the staff have been nice n busy whilst iv been away and sales and feedback appear good with the draft offerings and the Thai food menu now introduced . STEAK N GRILL MENU SHOULD BE DONE THIS COMING WEEK update to follow .

NO INTERNET FOR A FEW DAYS ... but pleased to say all the Aussie beers are restocked and the new beers previously mentioned in posts have now arrived and are on the shelves .. including the MACS Craft beer range from New Zealand on an opening offer ..The MACS SET ..happy meal ..a great chance to try the 6 very diverse craft beers below

MACS Rock hopper pils
MACS Green Beret IPA
MACS Sassy Red ale
MACS Great White Wheat

BUY ONE OF EACH BOTTLE ...6 bottles - 1000 bt

As ever ALL welcome to drop by browse CHECK OUT OUR PRICES ...taste and even buy IF YOU WISH TO DO SO .

DM n Dao

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”