Irish Clock Hotel

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
macca46
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: May 26, 2014, 8:55 am
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by macca46 » July 17, 2017, 6:23 pm

I think you may find that a lot small places with not a lot of rooms only allocate a couple to the booking agents so that they can full price for the remaining ones I have tried previously to book through them and the answer is not available but appear in person and pay full price not a problem, room available.

BKBrit
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: July 17, 2017, 10:05 pm

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by BKBrit » July 17, 2017, 10:18 pm

I have stayed at The Irish Clock under three different owners and always found the place to be excellent, the food is superb, the location couldn't be better, it's the only spot I can find Steak and Kidney pudding on the the menu and the breakfast can't be beat.
Fred has been a real friend on a few occasions and gone the extra mile a couple of times, especially when my son was living in Udon and you can't ask for better than that.
A lot of the negative comments on here seem typical of small town petty jealousies and that always stinks. I have owned a few pubs and there's nothing more irritating than some customer who's never owned any sort of business giving out about the business you have put your money and time into. Pubs ain't easy, add food it's tenfold the things that can go wrong, add to that you have staff cooking and serving it who haven't any natural knowledge of it and it's amazing anything comes out hot, looking like it should and tasting so damned good as every meal I have had at the clock has been.
The guy who was running it before Trevor or Fred seemed like it was all beneath him, was actively unfriendly to me as a guest and the place seemed very clicky but I am not one of those guys who feels I need to know the owner of a place.
The website works just fine for me by the way.

freddyv7
udonmap.com
Posts: 35
Joined: July 30, 2007, 4:32 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by freddyv7 » July 18, 2017, 2:21 am

Breakfasts sounds really nice 😂😂😂😂😂😂

“Very disappointing Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile
Thought I would give the Clock another go .
Heard promising things on a forum.
Eggs not cooked , sausage raw,
Old hard toast, terrible coffee.
Rude staff.
Nothing like the old days Trevor then Steve real landlords and great hosts.
The vibe was not good.
Looks like Fred and the clock have gone to the pack.
Very disappointing
Wanted a good breakfast so Sad!
Notice prices keep going up too.

Visited July 2017

You are a seriously sad little man. We will meet . Udon Thani(egon)pete
Last edited by freddyv7 on July 18, 2017, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

freddyv7
udonmap.com
Posts: 35
Joined: July 30, 2007, 4:32 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by freddyv7 » July 18, 2017, 2:26 am

BobHelm wrote:
July 17, 2017, 1:03 pm
Unfortunately, with The Clock you can't check on their web site, as they don't have one!!! :D
yes we do

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com
Posts: 68
Joined: April 5, 2017, 9:55 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by UdonThaniPete » July 18, 2017, 7:50 am

freddyv7 wrote:
July 18, 2017, 2:21 am
Breakfasts sounds really nice 😂😂😂😂😂😂

“Very disappointing Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile
Thought I would give the Clock another go .
Heard promising things on a forum.
Eggs not cooked , sausage raw,
Old hard toast, terrible coffee.
Rude staff.
Nothing like the old days Trevor then Steve real landlords and great hosts.
The vibe was not good.
Looks like Fred and the clock have gone to the pack.
Very disappointing
Wanted a good breakfast so Sad!
Notice prices keep going up too.

Visited July 2017

You are a seriously sad little man. We will meet . Udon Thani(egon)pete

For the record I did not write this, it was written in TA, secondly I'm not sad nor little, so please get your facts right and look after your business!

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 419
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by pal52 » July 18, 2017, 8:21 am

UdonThaniPete wrote:
July 18, 2017, 7:50 am
freddyv7 wrote:
July 18, 2017, 2:21 am
Breakfasts sounds really nice 😂😂😂😂😂😂

“Very disappointing Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile
Thought I would give the Clock another go .
Heard promising things on a forum.
Eggs not cooked , sausage raw,
Old hard toast, terrible coffee.
Rude staff.
Nothing like the old days Trevor then Steve real landlords and great hosts.
The vibe was not good.
Looks like Fred and the clock have gone to the pack.
Very disappointing
Wanted a good breakfast so Sad!
Notice prices keep going up too.

Visited July 2017

You are a seriously sad little man. We will meet . Udon Thani(egon)pete

For the record I did not write this, it was written in TA, secondly I'm not sad nor little, so please get your facts right and look after your business!


It obvious you are trying to damage this business for what reason???
To search out a damaging post to someones business who is trying to make a living & has invested his money in is sad.
You then post the criticism as your own personal experience is even sadder.

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com
Posts: 68
Joined: April 5, 2017, 9:55 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by UdonThaniPete » July 18, 2017, 8:35 am

pal52 wrote:
July 18, 2017, 8:21 am
UdonThaniPete wrote:
July 18, 2017, 7:50 am
freddyv7 wrote:
July 18, 2017, 2:21 am
Breakfasts sounds really nice 😂😂😂😂😂😂

“Very disappointing Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile
Thought I would give the Clock another go .
Heard promising things on a forum.
Eggs not cooked , sausage raw,
Old hard toast, terrible coffee.
Rude staff.
Nothing like the old days Trevor then Steve real landlords and great hosts.
The vibe was not good.
Looks like Fred and the clock have gone to the pack.
Very disappointing
Wanted a good breakfast so Sad!
Notice prices keep going up too.

Visited July 2017

You are a seriously sad little man. We will meet . Udon Thani(egon)pete

For the record I did not write this, it was written in TA, secondly I'm not sad nor little, so please get your facts right and look after your business!


It obvious you are trying to damage this business for what reason???
To search out a damaging post to someones business who is trying to make a living & has invested his money in is sad.
You then post the criticism as your own personal experience is even sadder.
If that's what you believe so be it, I have defended the owner in previous posts if you cared to read, think you should all eat and drink in there on a daily basis to support it, then write glowing reports to encourage other people to go in there.

This is my last post on the subject!.

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 334
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by Nigglyb » July 18, 2017, 12:23 pm

freddyv7 wrote:
July 18, 2017, 2:26 am
BobHelm wrote:
July 17, 2017, 1:03 pm
Unfortunately, with The Clock you can't check on their web site, as they don't have one!!! :D
yes we do
Hi, what's the web address? I can't find it anywhere
Thanks
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 860
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by mak » July 18, 2017, 12:29 pm


User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 1344
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by tamada » July 18, 2017, 12:45 pm

Yay!!!!

The Clock's website is up and running, their FB is updated and UTP's left the building for good.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!

User avatar
randerson79
udonmap.com
Posts: 513
Joined: March 6, 2006, 7:08 am

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by randerson79 » July 18, 2017, 12:51 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2017, 12:45 pm
Yay!!!!

The Clock's website is up and running, their FB is updated and UTP's left the building for good.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 334
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by Nigglyb » July 18, 2017, 1:56 pm

Brilliant cheers, I'd never have found that Image
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

teegee
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: September 25, 2016, 8:47 pm

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by teegee » July 18, 2017, 10:08 pm

UdonThaniPete wrote:
July 17, 2017, 3:15 pm

Nothing like the old days Trevor then Steve real landlords and great hosts.
Wrong way round for starters.

Trevor, IMO, survived on the momentum created by Steve and moved on when it was going downhill.
Not a pleasant man who 'turfed' Steve out of the fish and chip shop and converted it into a backpacker's retreat.
The only purpose it served was somewhere for the night watchman to get his head down.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 1344
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by tamada » July 19, 2017, 11:07 am

teegee wrote:
July 18, 2017, 10:08 pm

Wrong way round for starters.

Trevor, IMO, survived on the momentum created by Steve and moved on when it was going downhill.
Not a pleasant man who 'turfed' Steve out of the fish and chip shop and converted it into a backpacker's retreat.
The only purpose it served was somewhere for the night watchman to get his head down.
Oh Christ on a bike!!!

Just got shot of one punter who persisted on dragging this thread off topic and now you come along bashing someone who is no longer running the place?

Is it something in the Udon water that spawns all these narrow, spiteful minds?

User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8267
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by wazza » July 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

The location was all under a lease from " The Steve Graham " wasnt it ??

Trevor took over and had the occupancy for all the premises , and chose to " Backpack " it.

It was certainly busier then, but more Alien drinking and eating places have set up in Soi Farang since then, FX rates in the boots for some means some UM's have trimmed their budgets , caught a few out also , sadly.

Teegee sounds like a dual member, 2 posts in what 10 months....

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest