บุญถาวร Boonthavorn

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

บุญถาวร Boonthavorn

Post by parrot » January 17, 2017, 3:25 pm

I ventured inside Boonthavorn (near Big Bike Shop at corner of ring road and road to Kudjap) today for the first time. My first reaction was, 'boy, am I glad I'm not in the process of building a house!' The place is huge.......unbelieveable selection of home decorations (tiles, cabinets, lighting, etc). And since I'm NOT in the process of building a home, I didn't spend much time there......more just to get an idea of what it has to offer.
I'm not trying to plug one place against another, but feedback from users of the store would be helpful for future shopping expeditions. The place is air conditioned.....a big plus when it's hot outdoors.......I believe there's a Beyond Cafe inside.....and the place is filthy clean....along the lines of Homepro....as compared to filthy filthy at Global. Looks to be plenty of parking available.
Any other feedback from recent customers??

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: บุญถาวร Boonthavorn

Post by wazza » January 17, 2017, 6:43 pm

Bought lighting there a few weeks ago. Sodt opening.

IMO best place to see whats available for kitchens bathrooms lighting.

Even has a BKK bank on site.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 18, 2017, 7:32 am

A river runs through it.
Yes, they have a flowing river in the back of the complex.
This is the fifth branch they have built upcountry.
Check out the 200k toilet.
Attachments
Boonthavorn.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 18, 2017, 8:14 pm

went by today after seeing this posting and wandered around for about an hour. Yes, there is a big Beyond cafe' in one part of the store, its an open seating type of cafe'. The store has a huge variety of tiles, anything imaginable up to and including top line marble. The variety of bathroom fixtures is quite large with economy toilets/sinks/tubs up again to top flight stuff including the 79,000 baht toilet a salesman tried to entice us into buying. It had the full Japanese nether regions washing capability plus even had a motion sensor so when you walk in the bathroom the lid opens automatically an for your defecatory pleasure the toilet bowl is illuminated. All controlled by a remote likely requiring an engineering degree! On the cafe' side of the mall they have a massive selection of sinks and kitchen gear and a full wing dedicated to electrical and lighting products. On the 2nd floor, they have furniture from moderate prices all the way up to nearly 200,000 baht Lazy Boy couch combos and powered recliners.. They also have a Do It Yourself (DIY) store area with all sorts of smaller stuff for the house. On the down side, they had only a very limited selection of windows and doors..
Dave

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 15, 2017, 11:49 pm

The shop is nice for sure, the only problem is the lazy, non professional staff as in so many other places over here.. Everyone looks bored, tired even at 10 am...Playing with mobile phones seems to be their only activity. Don't ask them for anything because they don't care about customers. And anyway most of them have no interest for their job, they never have any answer to any question. Is there a management at bonthavorn or not? I tried many times to get some informations about a built in kitchen priced more than 500,000 THB but the lazy Tom boy who is supposed to be the 'sale designer' told me after 5 mn that she had to go.... And she was back to her desk... To play with her mobile phone while another one was making up, and another one eating.... I was the only customer. I was back to the shop a few more times, each time the same story.. How is it possible? They invested a lot of money, why didn't they invest in a more professional, motivated and energetic staff? A shop like that needs a boss!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 16, 2017, 6:15 am

My wife and I went into the lighting section to buy some sensors, I had a question that the staff obviously couldn't be arsed to answer so I put the sensor back in the shelf, it was only because of my wife's persistence that they made a sale. The fact was that they put more effort in trying to sell the store points card than they did trying to sell the product, we won't be rushing back.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 16, 2017, 7:21 am

this is all relative , we have been to boonthavorn many time , bought a build in kitchen there , and they were always very helpful even i stopped by several times to change the plan ...some things how ever are not very quick , but after +16 years in thailand i know it is the norm , nothing happens quick here... it all takes more time as we are used to .. ;)

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 16, 2017, 8:02 am

And what about the quality of the installation for the built in kitchen that you bought? Where they professional? Did they make a great job? To be honest i really worry about that...

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 16, 2017, 8:29 am

the kitchen was perfectly installed(in our new home ) ...as is our kitchen in our present home ordered before with index mall..., boonthavorn how ever had a better price this year as index .... as info, ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 16, 2017, 10:51 am

Many staff I think are employed by the distributor and not direct.

So you move from 1 brand to anotger and get new staff.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 16, 2017, 11:37 am

Does that happen a lot Wazza? I've often noticed that when I ask staff in shops for an item we've decided to buy that they often try to steer us towards a different brand, if that's the case it explains a lot. That might also explain the reluctance to help us in store here, it might be that I was buying a competitors product. Interesting.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 16, 2017, 12:11 pm

Nana Store. Near Landmark . Yrs ago i went there looking for a new set of white goods for a new house.

Gas. Fridges. Ovens etc...

The Guy in charge there worked in Dubai for years and has fluent english.

I had my spreadsheet with models brands and prices.....

The staff thought i was crazy. He explained that " Aliens" Shop around for best deals etc.

He took me around all the displays and explained that the staff there for many brands are supplied by the dealer and not instore staff.

Starmark in Homepro rent or get free floor space for their kitchen displays. Homepro have some influence on them.... but

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » July 16, 2017, 12:32 pm

I found the DIY section limiting but Beyond Cafe was very comfortable. But there's better tasting coffee elsewhere.

The place was empty except for the cafe

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 18, 2017, 8:23 am

Just my 2¢

Been there 4 or 5 times, and found the help very friendly and Helpful, maybe its my :D face, don't know.

Only wish it was here 10 years ago when building, so if building its a Must stop. Even if not building, there are always repairs. Its big and yes you need your walking shoes, but dam, its a pleasant experience, unlike those other giant places on NK road.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 18, 2017, 12:12 pm

RLTrader wrote:
July 18, 2017, 8:23 am
Just my 2¢

Been there 4 or 5 times, and found the help very friendly and Helpful, maybe its my :D face, don't know.

Only wish it was here 10 years ago when building, so if building its a Must stop. Even if not building, there are always repairs. Its big and yes you need your walking shoes, but dam, its a pleasant experience, unlike those other giant places on NK road.
Concur completely with that, all the staff I had contact with were not only friendly and helpful but unusually for Thailand appeared knowledgeable .I built my house 15 years ago and if this place had been around I would have been spoilt for choice instead of scratching about like I did .Not in the market now and unlikely to be in the future but really enjoy seeing what is available if I were .As a plus, Beyond's cream cakes are to die for.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 19, 2017, 12:31 pm

Frienfly staff,helpfull and knowledgeable!!!...Only that. Are you part of boonthavorn bangkok managment? Funny to read that. I was back again yesterday with a friend of mine who is also building a house. We were only 2 customers watching the kitchens..Nobody came to us and as always they stayed sitting playing on facebook..I should have take some pictures and post it here..But anyway, I don't only go there to have a coffee at beyond, as many seem to do even if i enjoy the place. I just want to buy a kitchen ( priced around 500.000 THB non included kitchens appliances ) and 450 sqm tiles...for an amount around 1m THB ..I feel very sorry but, i went there may be 20 times and i have never found someone skilled and ,worse,motivated.They are hundreds doing nothing . But they will say hello to you every 10 meters with fake thai smile. Never ask for some informations about any product because they will only give you a catalogue to read by yourself.
This is not a matter of communication, because i can speak thai quite well.I sent two thai friends of mine at the kitchen department to have a look and they had the same feeling as i did..Unskilled,lazy,not motivated staff...What a shame for such a nice shop..They invested a lot of money on 20 Rais. Only kids 20 25 years old are working there,what can they know about kitchens and tiles?? And why don't they move their a.. for 1 m THB. In europe they will call you every 2 days or they would be fired!
I will try to have a look at khon kaen next week, or if someone know where to go to find a nice built in kitchen with a skilled staff even far from Udon i would appreciate!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 19, 2017, 1:30 pm

I have been going into Boonthavorn at lot since it opened. It opened well after we started building our house so we missed the boat on a number of items they may provide. But they are not really a concrete, pipe and bolt type hardware.
We had been visiting St Mall in the early stages of our build and had a good experienced contact at that shop, then found she had moved to Boonthavorn to work and she called us out when she saw us in the shop. She has been our main contact there each time and has introduced us to various shop area people to assist.
The place is expensive on some items and we have used the shop to procure and also to check prices from other stores.
We have purchased tiles, some feature lights, quality ceiling fans, door accessories like security locks and hinges etc.
They do have quality stuff and usually the latest model in a range. Hence the higher range of prices.
They opened their doors to late for us to look at kitchens but we have a very good quality kitchen from another company in Udon. That can be seen on "My house Build" thread.
In general we have always got good service. They are not always the place to choose items but I treat them as an asset to Udon even if only to compare quality products and prices to other stores. We buy from many shops in town.

Those whom have had bad first up experiences from staff or product displays should not let your stubbornness deter you from going back to check other items.
The coffee shop has no bearing on if I go there or not.
Their rewards program is Ok and I think a good voucher system.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 19, 2017, 1:44 pm

well if you want a kitchen installed by a real professional company , go take a look at decor choice ...
they did our first kitchen 16 years ago , very skillful and they speak english too...
but they were now too expensive for what we needed ...so not a cheap shop but skillful one...
index did a good job too once ...not easy to give advice because some people are way to difficult and are making everything too complicated , as they are forgetting it is still los here... ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 19, 2017, 1:49 pm

Go the manager of the store direct.

Homepro use Starmark and WOULD NOT recommend to anyone. Had 2 gas flashbacks inside my home when installing my Smeg unit.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 19, 2017, 3:58 pm

kopkei wrote:
July 19, 2017, 1:44 pm
well if you want a kitchen installed by a real professional company , go take a look at decor choice ...
they did our first kitchen 16 years ago , very skillful and they speak english too...
but they were now too expensive for what we needed ...so not a cheap shop but skillful one...
index did a good job too once ...not easy to give advice because some people are way to difficult and are making everything too complicated , as they are forgetting it is still los here... ;)
kopei

Totally agree. We are in Thailand and most of these employees are learners so give them some slack, it's their next level of supervision that is the missing link. I actually enjoy the experience and try to provide some humour with the novices, they are usually shy to be in conversation with a westerner. Most move in close to listen.
I am not trying being a smart ar.e know all and just passing on my experiences, extensive research is a must if you want something specific and to a required quality as opposed to an off the shelf item.

Just had my kitchen done by Décor from Udon. Yes pricey because of my requirements, but what a fantastic quality product. All white good , well silver colour, included. Photos on my thread "My house build begins".

Just go and enjoy the experience where ever you buy thing.
Even when running the gauntlet of missed placed barricades.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”