Housing Estates - 2015-2016 update

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Housing Estates - 2015-2016 update

Post by tamada » July 26, 2017, 12:12 pm

rct wrote:
July 23, 2017, 10:15 am
Any update on the Sansiri estate near Index on the ring road? Looks so great but obviously some issues as discussed and they have never opened the gates or the sales office as far as I can tell.
My understanding is that despite Sansiri originally being the named developer, they acquired the land under the previous, Yingluck-allied local government. Subsequently, the junta ruled that the land had been incorrectly and thus illegally appropriated for housing by that local government. Sansiri have removed all signage and thus has distanced themselves from the political hot potato and any perceived land misappropriation by Sansiri. I am unsure if there's been any legal proceedings or how Sansiri stands with respect to certain political alliances. One would think if a developer had been sold a pup by a local government, there would be the issue of compensation from a national government?

In light of the junta's stance on things related to the previous administration (and a couple of administrations before that), plus the purge on misappropriated land notably in Khao Yai and other national parks, I don't see any homes being offered on this plot unless the junta changes the land designation.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

You can't trust none of them.why does everything have to be so bloody bent out here.if you translate honest person in Thai dictionary the answer would be,scam him...rip him off,turn the mug over,he's nothing but a fool.ffs you have to be so careful out here.i call them tikeys...Thai pikeys.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 27, 2017, 1:00 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
July 26, 2017, 12:56 pm
You can't trust none of them.why does everything have to be so bloody bent out here.if you translate honest person in Thai dictionary the answer would be,scam him...rip him off,turn the mug over,he's nothing but a fool.ffs you have to be so careful out here.i call them tikeys...Thai pikeys.
Unfortunately it is the culture they have lived with for a long time, aren't you glad you have the option not to live here and put up with it if you don't like the way they do business.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 27, 2017, 2:00 am

If you dont like the way they roll here go somewhere else fella :-"
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 27, 2017, 8:44 am

dezzer111 wrote:
July 27, 2017, 2:00 am
If you dont like the way they roll here go somewhere else fella :-"
Sorry but I'm here to stay.i was bought up to believe running away from a problem doesn't solve anything.i take it I touched a raw nerve with the xxxxx thing.so if it makes you feel any better I'll be more politically correct and call them travellers.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 27, 2017, 9:44 am

None of the Sansiri houses had been sold so no damage done to any prospective home owners. Sansiri also dropped one of their condo projects in town so I reckon there is more to it than just zoning issues. The speculated Udon boom that was propped up by runours of being an ASEAN hub, railways that never happened and a spike in property sales after the Bangkok floods a while back. A small drop in the ocean for Sansiri. There's are so many housing estates around Udon these days to fit every budget from 2 million to 22 million.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2017, 3:30 pm

Sansiri before they shuttered it.
scrapped.jpg
not Sansiri anymore

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 8, 2017, 11:22 pm

I think the market is falling apart but no one likes to admit it.half built and abandoned units out here in nong wua so.big discounts on houses all over the place.seen it in the uk years ago.i would say it's going to be a long time before we see things picking up.

Return to “House & Land”