Month of October

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Month of October

Post by parrot » September 28, 2017, 3:17 pm

From the above ref'd article, ในส่วนการจัดรายการของสถานีวิทยุ โทรทัศน์ นั้น ที่เป็นรายการบันเทิงต่าง ๆ ขอความร่วมมือตลอดเดือนต.ค I believe it means there will be no entertainment programs on TV/Radio during the month of Oct.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 28, 2017, 3:22 pm

A chamber of commerce friend tells me no public celebrations during the month. But private parties are allowed.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 30, 2017, 1:47 pm

PHUKET: Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigdech has confirmed that alcohol sales will be banned on Oct 5 as required by law to honour Wan Org Pansa, which marks the end of Buddhist Lent, but says that he has yet to receive any notices to enforce a ban on the sale of alcohol on any other days in October.

“So far the Ministry of Interior has only declared a ban on alcohol sales from midnight to midnight on October 5,” Col Tassanai told The Phuket News yesterday (Sept 29).

“This is as usual and happens each year. There has been no notice on alcohol ban on October 13 or Royal funeral days, so far,” he confirmed.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/alcohol-s ... 7odc8UZ.97

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 2, 2017, 6:39 pm

From Thaivisa.......October 13th – A national holiday to honor the anniversary of the his death

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

No mention about today (5th) can I assume the bars etc are closed as usual

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 5, 2017, 4:03 pm

For those who might be inclined to visit the memorial site that is about to open at Tungsrimeuang.......be aware there clothing restrictions and protocol procedures to follow.
Attachments
22180128_1259671654136971_200092524822590811_o.jpg
22154260_1259671667470303_5843333745894554055_n.jpg

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 7, 2017, 8:06 am

Entertainment operators asked to suspend activities throughout October
Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/entert ... d-october/
The Ministry of Interior has instructed all provincial governors to seek cooperation from operators of entertainment business to suspend entertainment activities throughout October in correspondence with the final mourning and Royal cremation ceremonies.

Interior permanent secretary Chatchai Promlert said Friday that the ministry had been informed by the office of the secretary-general of the cabinet regarding all the activities related to the Royal cremation ceremonies as well as guidelines for all entertainment activities throughout October.

He said that entertainment and festive activities should be scaled down, but certain activities such as weddings which were planned in advance could go ahead and should not be held in open space.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 7, 2017, 8:53 am

This is from Richard Barrow on 4th October......I think the closure of Tesco Lotus has already been mentioned on the forum ??
Also,I believe,for the period 15th October to 29th October people have been asked to dress respectfully.....black,white/black clothing and,I think,dark green and dark blue would be acceptable for around town.However,if you wish to visit the memorial site at Thung Sri Mueang you should just wear black.

"As you are probably aware by now, the whole of Thailand has been in mourning for the past year due to the death of an individual. He passed away on 13th October 2016. His funeral will take place from 25th to 29th October 2017. One year later. So far, there has been no clear guidelines from the government as to what will open and what will close during the funeral. They’ve only said that they want people to refrain from organizing entertainment events during October. But there has been no official ban on this, nor on the sale of alcohol. However, from our experience from last year when an individual died, there will most likely be a voluntary ban on the sale of alcohol and the closure of entertainment venues for at least part of the five day funeral. Certainly on the 26th October which is the cremation day. But, the question is, how widespread will this be?
The first big closure, which didn’t really come as a surprise, was the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The complex has closed early in order to get ready for the funeral. It will re-open again on 30th October 2017.
Ananta Samakom Throne Hall is now closed until further notice.
Paruskawan Palace and The Police Museum are closed from 1st to 31st October.
The Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan during October is cancelled. As is all other parties on this island.
There will be no Muay Thai fights during October at Rajadamnern Stadium
The annual steam train trip on 23rd October has been cancelled out of respect to an individual.
Thailand Knowledge Park (TK Park) in Central World in Bangkok will close on 26th October.
This next one is not a tourist attraction, but Tesco Lotus, a big supermarket chain, has announced that they will close all 1,900 stores across Thailand at 2:00 pm on 26th October in order to allow their 63,000 employees to pay their last respects to an individual. This is potentially huge as other businesses will surely follow. Stay tuned."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2017, 9:15 am

parrot wrote:
October 2, 2017, 6:39 pm
From Thaivisa.......October 13th – A national holiday to honor the anniversary of the his death
Was Thaivisa quoting an official source?

My understanding that due to the royal cremation taking place this year, October 13th 2017 will be an observance of the late Rama IX's passing whereas from 2018 onwards, October 13th will be a national holiday.

Once it's all announced in the Royal Gazette of course.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 7, 2017, 3:01 pm

Major Cineplex closed 26 Oct. Reopen on 27 Oct
Attachments
aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNzU3LzM3ODYwMTgvODE0ODY4LTAxLmpwZw==.jpg

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 11, 2017, 8:04 am

Central bank declares October 26 public holiday for financial institutions
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/centra ... titutions/
The Bank of Thailand has announced that October 26 is a special public holiday for financial institutions.

Mrs Viraekha Santapan, senior director overseeing financial institutions, said Tuesday that the central bank had been informed by all commercial banks that they would like their staff to join the Royal cremation of the late an individual Adulyadej on October 26.

Hence, the central bank decided to declare October 26 a special public holiday for financial institutions.

All government offices and private companies are closed on the same day to allow their staff members to participate in the Royal cremation in their last show of respect for their beloved monarch.

This means all commercial banks and their branch offices, including those at shopping malls, will be closed on October 26. But customers still perform financial transactions through internet banking.

Commercial banks will keep adequate cash reserves to ensure that customers can cash money via the ATMs without any disruption.

In addition, Isetan department stores, all Major Cineplex theatres, Thai Red Cross Society (blood donation section), Somdech Phra Deparatana Medical Center , Bangkok Art and Culture Centre and Stock Exchange of Thailand will also closed for 1 day. Every Tesco Lotus braces will closed from 2 p.m on Oct 26.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2017, 9:06 am

tamada wrote:
October 7, 2017, 9:15 am
parrot wrote:
October 2, 2017, 6:39 pm
Was Thaivisa quoting an official source?

My understanding that due to the royal cremation taking place this year, October 13th 2017 will be an observance of the late Rama IX's passing whereas from 2018 onwards, October 13th will be a national holiday.

Once it's all announced in the Royal Gazette of course.
Chatting with a couple of well-known, respected local bar keeps and purveyors of fine ales and good times and Cadbury's (you know who you are!), based on what they've heard from Thai Customs, the 13th may well have a tad more significance when it comes to alcohol sales.

But ultimately I guess we still have to wait and see. The official notice for pubs closing for Awk Phansa on the 5th was only officially published and distributed on the 3rd so I think we may have (just) enough time to stock up.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 11, 2017, 1:09 pm

To be honest Tam I don't think even the people in charge have a clue what is happening... :(

See this, announced today..
Mourning period extended by two more days till October 29
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mourni ... ctober-29/
The Government yesterday (Oct 10) extended the mourning period for the beloved late an individual Adulyadej by two more days.

At the cabinet meeting on Tuesday, government assistant spokesperson Col Thaksada Sungkajan sad the cabinet has agree to extend the mourning period for the late an individual for another two days from the earlier October 13-28 to October 13- 29, or 17 days in total.

She said during the royal cremation ceremony, the national flags are to be flown half-mast at all government offices and Thai embassies abroad.

All mourning signs including black and white cloth banners are to be removed from all government offices and roads by the night of October 29.

On Oct 30, civil servants and state enterprise employees can wear normal attires after the mourning period ends
Where has this 13th. November to 28th. October come from??
From previous announcements I thought that the 13th. was a holiday on the anniversary of His Majesty's death & then his funeral arrangements commenced on Monday 23rd. October.
& I guess the million dollar question, still unanswered, exactly WHAT does a mourning period consist of??

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 13, 2017, 5:42 pm

Bit late notice but it appears TODAY is after all a no alcohol selling day .. all bars etc in Bkk have been closed followed by a notice from the Bkk police to all provincial chiefs to not allow sales of alcohol .

Other info to come out is the 23rd is a buddha day but no bar closures only a government offices followed by 26 th a definate across the board closure day .. the period of mouring has been extended from 23 - 29 th October where as no discoteques , Gogos etc can open with normal bar restaurants ok but no music , parties etc can be held.

DM
3DM Udon Co., Ltd. | website:
http://3dmudon.com

See us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Udon ... 80?fref=ts

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 13, 2017, 8:39 pm

Except... I have manged to sip more than enough beers is at least a couple of establishments in very central Udon today.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”