Car Tires

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Hunter58
udonmap.com

Car Tires

Post by Hunter58 » March 25, 2017, 7:02 pm

With the vast amount of shops selling car tires and price variation my issue is which business do I use.
Can anyone reccomend, from personal experience, a good shop to use ?

Thanks
Hunter

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Car Tires

Post by semperfiguy » March 25, 2017, 7:52 pm

Hunter58, I highly recommend B-Quik which is just behind the gas station to the immediate north of Home-Pro on the Ring Road. Just look for the big yellow building...you can't miss it. I have bought tires, rotations, alignments, oil changes and filters, and they have always done an excellent job. I also do comparison shopping all over town, and I believe I get the best value for my baht at this store. The CEO of the chain of stores is a foreigner and he demands excellent customer service, clean facilities and honest employees. I have always been impressed with the entire operation. The place is so clean you could eat off the floors. They have a very comfortable customer waiting area with free Wi-Fi and refreshments, and you can see clearly into the service bay to keep an eye on the work being done.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Hunter58 wrote:With the vast amount of shops selling car tires and price variation my issue is which business do I use.

Thanks
Hunter
If I were you, I'd check around at different places and get quotes. What happened for me or someone else yesterday, may not happen for you today. That's been my experience over 10 years.

I saved over 5,000 baht on my last tire-shopping adventure, and it didn't cost me more than 300 baht to shop. :D

Good luck!
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 25, 2017, 8:23 pm

Hunter58 wrote:With the vast amount of shops selling car tires and price variation my issue is which business do I use.

Thanks
Hunter
Yang Boonkit ... walk out of the entrance of AEK hospital onto the main road turn left and YB is a few meters on the left , ive used them for years for various tyres on trucks cars etc .... always great price n service .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BAANJIGSERVICE
udonmap.com

Post by BAANJIGSERVICE » March 26, 2017, 12:19 pm

Hi Hunter,
I'm Prem from BAAN JIG CAR AND TIRES SERVICES

The first thing is the size of your tire that you need to know.
• Look at the side of your car or truck it should be something like 185/60 15 the first number is the width of the tire .
the second number is the hieght of the side in percentage.
the last number is the diameter of the tire.

Second thing you need to know is how you use the car or truck.
The road or terrain that you normally use every brand of tire had variety of tire to choose for specific use. And the last thing is don't look for cheap tires there are alot of cheap tires that are not suitable for the hot climate especialy in Thailand. If you have more specific questions feel free to call 0956534888
Prem
BAAN JIG CAR SERVICE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 27, 2017, 5:45 pm

I recently need to replace 2 front tyres , due to a massive pot hole on the road, causing a blow out , ( dusk and not seen )

Tyres need to be shipped up to Udon ( my fault as i didnt research this when buying the car )

2 new tyres fitted, wheel alignment done, and drove out a happy customer, ( well for 500 metres ) bad pulling to the Left, U turn and back into the dealer, long and the short, the wheel alignment unit they use hasnt had their software updated for 5 years , so specs used by the staff , were just guessed.

MAKE SURE THE SPECS OF YOUR VEHICLE ARE ON THE WHEEL ALLIGNMENT UNIT

Or download the specs first and take them with you.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 27, 2017, 5:59 pm

Well would usually agree with check around for prices, but last time I did that got burned with I don't know what! GoodYear shop just pass Makro. Had a 4 for 3 sale. Tires went to hell, 1st one maybe after 3 months, 2nd one maybe another 3 months. Both had same problem, which I have never seen before, and can't explain. But if you rolled it, it would just about make a UTURN maybe 90 or 180 degrees. Told, Lucky didn't blow out. They were kinda caved in.

Didn't feel safe replaced all four, the 2nd time. Posted this before couple of years ago, I guess, might have more info.

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » March 27, 2017, 6:04 pm

Guys,
Many thanks for all the info.
I will have a look around and hopefully find a quality result.
Cheers
Hunter

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 27, 2017, 11:31 pm

Doesn't matter who you buy from. You need to know which tyre you want for your vehicle.
Do tyre brand comparisons on the net. Then choose the brand and type and go price them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 28, 2017, 3:49 am

RLTrader wrote:Well would usually agree with check around for prices, but last time I did that got burned with I don't know what! GoodYear shop just pass Makro. Had a 4 for 3 sale. Tires went to hell, 1st one maybe after 3 months, 2nd one maybe another 3 months. Both had same problem, which I have never seen before, and can't explain. But if you rolled it, it would just about make a UTURN maybe 90 or 180 degrees. Told, Lucky didn't blow out. They were kinda caved in.

Didn't feel safe replaced all four, the 2nd time. Posted this before couple of years ago, I guess, might have more info.
I can verify this as my friend also bought at Goodyear shop just past Makro , same result

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 28, 2017, 7:01 am

Ahh the Goodyear shop, I got our wheels balanced there a while ago, they removed the old weights with a screwdriver and then removed the glue with course sandpaper, made a total mess of the alloy rims that cost 8,500 per rim, the arrogant farang hating owner was then abusive to my wife, will never never ever set foot in the Goodyear shops in Udon or Nong Khai as it's the same owner, he is on my blacklist!!!
I got great service from the tyre shop near Global on the corner, I was after Yokohama tyres, not after the cheapest, I got a good price and good service.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 28, 2017, 2:59 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Hunter58, I highly recommend B-Quik which is just behind the gas station to the immediate north of Home-Pro on the Ring Road. Just look for the big yellow building...you can't miss it. I have bought tires, rotations, alignments, oil changes and filters, and they have always done an excellent job. I also do comparison shopping all over town, and I believe I get the best value for my baht at this store. The CEO of the chain of stores is a foreigner and he demands excellent customer service, clean facilities and honest employees. I have always been impressed with the entire operation. The place is so clean you could eat off the floors. They have a very comfortable customer waiting area with free Wi-Fi and refreshments, and you can see clearly into the service bay to keep an eye on the work being done.
I also recommend B-Quik, would not use anywhere else. The main points (apart from above) are their turnover so fresh tyres and not some old rubber left on the shelf of ages PLUS and possibly more important their guarantee to fix in any of their depots throughout Thailand
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 28, 2017, 4:45 pm

Soon to look and buy a new set of tyres for my wifes Honda Jazz.If anyone knows were i can find Michelin Pilot Sport 4..please either awser here or PM me.

//TIA..//DD

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 28, 2017, 6:03 pm

Tyre Power . Next to Benz.or Tesco.Lotus Branch..sell Michelin.. as to that spec. . Would.need to visit or google I.presume.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 28, 2017, 6:12 pm

Thanks my friend for a quick answer...will check this week.
wazza wrote:Tyre Power . Next to Benz.or Tesco.Lotus Branch..sell Michelin.. as to that spec. . Would.need to visit or google I.presume.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 12, 2017, 11:21 am

Time to start looking for new tyres / tires.

Has anyone bought from Lazada and then had them for locally? Just a thought.

Anyway I need a full set of 275/55/20 so better start saving as its gonna be expensive!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 12, 2017, 1:00 pm

Yang Boonkit .. place near the AEK Hospital
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » October 12, 2017, 1:02 pm

deankham wrote:
October 12, 2017, 11:21 am
Time to start looking for new tyres / tires.

Has anyone bought from Lazada and then had them for locally? Just a thought.

Anyway I need a full set of 275/55/20 so better start saving as its gonna be expensive!
I bought from Baan Jig Garage at their former location, great price, great service, ask him for a price. The owner has excellent English.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » October 12, 2017, 1:05 pm

I also bought my tires from Baa Jig and agree good price and good service.

However, he is now closed. I am hoping he reopens somewhere

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » October 12, 2017, 1:22 pm

I changed tyres about a month ago at B-Quick after reading some positive feedback on an old thread, cannot praise the service enough in my personal dealing,would definitely recommend .

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”