Urgent for Help Italian guy

General Udon Thani topics only!
MauroR

Urgent for Help Italian guy

Post by MauroR » September 2, 2017, 10:56 pm

Hi guys I let myself post this request for help to help the family of an Italian boy at this time in coma at hospital in Udonthani

Urgent :
A Italian guy Gianluca Di Gioia has been robbed and poisoned in Laos where he was on vacation .
His conditions are serious , he's in coma and the family needs urgent help .
His brother have already organised an account number to be able to collect some money in order to save his life .
We need to raise € 100.000 to be able to sustain the hospital expense.
IBAN : IT 08 N 0305801604100571302038.
Account name Di Gioia Salvatore Sirimarco Fabiana .
Together we can help!!!
This is link for page FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1731036 ... tion=group

Carpe Diem!

hippo
udonmap.com

Re: Urgent for Help Italian guy

Post by hippo » September 3, 2017, 4:34 pm

be strong Gianluca

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 3, 2017, 4:39 pm

What was He Poisoned With / Or by Whom ??

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 3, 2017, 5:30 pm

This is not a scam. I met the victim's mother and brother this afternoon. (Brother is a police officer at the Milan airport.) Best I could discern (neither speaks English), the victim was found in southern Laos with nothing but his passport. He was taken to the hospital in Laos, but was transferred to Bangkok Hospital here in Udon, where he remains now, in a coma, at THB 80,000 per day. Apparently no one knows exactly what happened. He was beaten and poisoned. His family would like to take him home to Italy.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » September 3, 2017, 6:28 pm

weeboon.com proved to be a very viable website to draw attention and try to gather funds for the Wach road victim family I worked for two months ago. In fairness it needs more than just an upload - I hit at least 100 twitter followers a day with personal messages for a fortnight; but all the Udon based forums contributed by various members and collectively. If the case was pushed in both English and Italian it might be a viable option. The boss at weeboon.com got personally involved and that helped. Just a thought. The appeal needs to hit the Italian community as best as possible. Molte grazie e buona fortuna con questa campagna (No.. I didnt use translate!)

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 3, 2017, 7:00 pm

No disrespect to the guy but did he travel without insurance if he did why ask others to foot the bill if he didnt well reach your own conclusions hope all turns out well for him.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » September 3, 2017, 7:28 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
September 3, 2017, 7:00 pm
No disrespect to the guy but did he travel without insurance if he did why ask others to foot the bill if he didnt well reach your own conclusions hope all turns out well for him.
Not the most helpful observation.....

Perhaps he did have insurance, we don't know all the story.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 3, 2017, 9:03 pm

Faraday wrote:
September 3, 2017, 7:28 pm
dezzer111 wrote:

Yes an observation if he had insurance which nobody knows if he did or did not why set up a fund surely his insurance company should cover the cost and not the general public is what my point is.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 3, 2017, 9:34 pm

Very sad.
As donations are required I assume the Italian Embassy have said it's nothing to do with them?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 3, 2017, 11:16 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
September 3, 2017, 9:03 pm
Faraday wrote:
September 3, 2017, 7:28 pm
dezzer111 wrote:

Yes an observation if he had insurance which nobody knows if he did or did not why set up a fund surely his insurance company should cover the cost and not the general public is what my point is.
While I did not specifically ask, I think that it is a reasonable assumption that if he had insurance his family would already have taken him back to Italy. His insurance would have paid the hospital bill leaving his family to use their own resources for transportation costs.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 3, 2017, 11:55 pm

The cheaper the travel insurance the more exclusions , including sports such as Bungee Jumps, Diving with out a ticket, riding motor cycles with no licence from your country of residence etc

Also pre existing conditions are excluded.

Poisoned could also include some form of drugs , illegal ....and the claim is denied immediately.

The Australian Embassy doesnt provide financial assistance to its citizens, It can coordinate local payments once a bond or monies have been deposited in Australia with them. Now days its easy to transfer funds, Western Union, MoneyGram, Paypal.

I would expect however that the Italian Embassy in BKK, does send a consular member to Udon as that is part of their service expectations.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 4, 2017, 6:06 am

I would be interested in his hospital report if it comes to hand.
it is possible to find the poison involve, if you test a lock of his hair, or a part of his fingernail..

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 4, 2017, 8:41 am

maaka wrote:
September 4, 2017, 6:06 am
it is possible to find the poison involve, if you test a lock of his hair, or a part of his fingernail..
Easier said than done, of course. Since the poison was ingested very recently, any hair or fingernail effect is going to be brand new, so that eliminates fingernails unless they're going to pull one out. Hair remains a possibility; although I don't think that it would grow that fast. It's only been less than a week, as I understand it.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 4, 2017, 8:50 am

The test using a sample of hair can be effected between 5 and 7 days after the drugs were ingested providing the sample is cut close to the scalp. The quickest options would be a saliva or blood test.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 4, 2017, 9:31 am

Bkk Hospital pathology can track it down..

Urine test ( from his cathether )

Blood tests also . Renal issues with many pharmocology ingestions / absorbtions etc.

The fact he is in a coma is tragic.

This could be just a simple cause such as an obstricted airway with unconscious. Poor initial clinical care from the primary care providers in Lao.

Spiked drink. Methanol substitution etc...Australians in Bali suffer this regularly overthere.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » September 5, 2017, 2:30 pm

updates?

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » September 17, 2017, 2:57 pm

He was moved to Italy and is now in a hospital in Varese.
See you soon Udon

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 22, 2017, 11:06 am

What happened to this young man?
Hope he made a full recovery.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”