inverter or not ?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
kopkei
udonmap.com

inverter or not ?

Post by kopkei » November 14, 2017, 11:30 am

that is the question when buying electrical appliances ..
i always thought inverters are better if they are at a decent price ...apparently i was wrong as we have an electrolux washing machine , with a defected inverter according to the electrolux service guy ....
he also advised not to buy inverter types (also with fridges) as they can not handle the fluctuation in the unstable thai electric network ....the machine is not yet 3 years old and costed new 27.000 baht , repair costs now about 5.000 baht :evil: , will send an email first to electrolux , maybe as i am a good customer they can fix something in warranty even when the warranty is expired ....wait and see ... ;)

rick
udonmap.com

Re: inverter or not ?

Post by rick » November 14, 2017, 2:14 pm

I'm not impressed with our Inverter fridge-freezer. It generates far more heat than our old non-inverter one which we still have, so hard to see that it is more efficient. We run one air conditioner (on most nights) 2 fridge freezers, a washing machine, numerous fans, lights and extra appliances for less than 2,000 baht a month. So hard to see that inverters make economic sense unless running 24/7.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 14, 2017, 2:56 pm

I bought a Panasonic inverter air conditioner. It never worked right and the only time the serviceman came, I wasn't home and he convinced my wife that it was working properly. Now the warranty is up and the unit runs about 10 minutes then a red light starts blinking and it shuts down. They want 7,500 baht to repair it. I'm in the mood to scrap it and buy a conventional unit of any brand EXCEPT Panasonic. No more inverter crap for me. Thai servicemen cannot repair them. Four emails to Panasonic never were answered.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 14, 2017, 6:10 pm

I was convinced that aircon inverters was the way to go and bought two Samsung models. I had problems with geckos getting access and causing the main board to blow - not cheap! Long story, but I fought Samsung for quite a while, even post-warranty, partly over the design issue and the problem was finally resolved, touch wood, if by an unusual step of technicians fixing a mesh cage! Blow me down(no pun intended) but it was the non-inverter model which needed a new compressor after that!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 14, 2017, 6:42 pm

I now check any new appliances i buy for design fault's re the Gheko's access , so i then adhere mossy mesh over the problem , therefore allowing air access but not gheko's , over the years they have managed to blow , TV,=4500bht repair, Washing m/c several times , amplifier that was a total loss , so mossy mesh is the answer for me ,

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 14, 2017, 11:21 pm

As a side note about gheko's getting into things, according to wife we have a lot less of them at our house, might have something to do with the 3 cats she adopted

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 15, 2017, 8:10 am

I've lost quite a few items in the past with the fluctuation in electricity.now I use the UPS boxes all over the property.my Samsung washer started displaying a fault code a couple of months ago.engineer quoted 4,000b..luckily one of my workers pulled it out and found a mouse had decided a cable was tasty.he repaired it,I trapped the mouse and with in a week another mouse came in and ate the same cable in the same place.ive now got mice traps in place but the only thing is the mrs keeps picking them up and nearly loses a finger and she will probably do it again today.i might even super glue 10b as bait and wait to hear the scream.as for inverters or not.ive got a few air cons and fridges and I'm not overly impressed with them.i would stick to non inverter models from now on.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”