JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: EU in or out? Brexit: The Movie

Post by JimboPSM » November 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Chuchi wrote:
November 16, 2017, 11:52 am
JimboPSM wrote:
November 16, 2017, 10:51 am
The foreign exchange markets have given their judgment on just how monumentally dumb Brexit is.

While the foreign exchange markets are not perfect, they have a history of being one of the better indicators of relative economic health.

These charts, in nominal and percentage terms show how, since 1st January 2016 until this morning, the EUR has risen over 21% against the GBP (or conversely, how the GBP has fallen against the EUR).
  • EUR / GBP
    EUR-GBP 2017.11.16.jpg
    • EUR / GBP as %
      EUR-GBP 2017.11.16%.jpg

Michael Bloomberg summed up the votes for Brexit (and Trump) quite succinctly:
    The U.K.'s decision to leave the EU is the second most "stupidest" decision ever made by a country, only beaten by the U.S. voting for President Donald Trump.
Surely you can't be talking about the same Michael Bloomberg who's just opened a new European HQ costing £1bn in the city of London :-"
Planning permission for the Bloomberg European HQ was made in 2011, quite a long time before UK turkeys voted for Christmas.

Major capital spending decisions and subsequent planning authorisations often take years, they do not happen overnight.

https://www.out-law.com/en/articles/201 ... of-london/

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » November 16, 2017, 2:00 pm

I agree with this guy:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 16, 2017, 2:15 pm

Oh dear what an angry man... :D

The 1 flaw in his argument however is his belief that a Westminster Government will in any way be better for the UK as a whole than a European one has been..
History indicates that is huge wishful thinking...When was the last time that a Westminster Government did anything for the normal man in the street?
Indeed zero hours contracts are unknown in Europe outside the United Kingdom.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2017, 2:32 pm

Adhoc wrote:
November 16, 2017, 2:00 pm
I agree with this guy:
YES so do i ...pretty much how i see things luckily from afar .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » November 16, 2017, 2:49 pm

This Guy is excellent and tells it as it is, top speaker, and I agree 100%

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 16, 2017, 3:22 pm

Adhoc wrote:
November 16, 2017, 2:00 pm
I agree with this guy:
So do I.

Here's some bed time reading for remoaners. Read it and weep. \:D/

https://ig.ft.com/sites/elections/2016/ ... /?mhq5j=e5

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

BobHelm wrote:
November 16, 2017, 2:15 pm
Oh dear what an angry man... :D

The 1 flaw in his argument however is his belief that a Westminster Government will in any way be better for the UK as a whole than a European one has been..
History indicates that is huge wishful thinking...When was the last time that a Westminster Government did anything for the normal man in the street?
Indeed zero hours contracts are unknown in Europe outside the United Kingdom.
Not feeling the love for you and Jimbos Dystopia ,erm sorry keyboard error I mean your vision of EUtopia,maybe you to should get together and discuss over a pint,I hear The TAP does a wide selection of Belgium beers :razz: :D :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 16, 2017, 3:39 pm

I think the thought that all the ills of the United Kingdom lay at the feet of the EU to be naive in the extreme.
I have heard not 1 thought from any believer of what is to follow Brexit..Simply because they don't know..
It is all a wish & a prayer - for that economic growth (& there is little improvement in any country without it) has been thrown out.. :D

Unfortunately my pensions are linked to this insanity, however back to a good old dose of the British disease of inflation will see a slow improvement on that.. :D

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » November 17, 2017, 2:50 am

Interesting interview with Sir James Dyson OM CBE FRS FREng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkv_cqYZF4

May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » November 17, 2017, 9:20 am

Obviously there is no common ground of opinion between the leavers and the remainers.
The referendum bill was approved overwhelmingly in Parliament. and the simple question was compiled by the remain lobby.
As we all know the majority voted leave, and despite the vicious insults hurled at the vote leave lobby,under the rules set out before the vote, the majority decision stands.
After the initial drop in the value of the pound, it quickly made a partial recovery, only to have the recovery reversed by Carneys UNBELIEVABLE decision to cut the base rate. It is obvious to many that the decion to cut was taken by an arch remainer, perhaps to try to prove his previously dire warnings on the economy that FAILED to materialise.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 17, 2017, 12:20 pm

joudon wrote:
November 17, 2017, 9:20 am
Obviously there is no common ground of opinion between the leavers and the remainers.
The referendum bill was approved overwhelmingly in Parliament. and the simple question was compiled by the remain lobby.
As we all know the majority voted leave, and despite the vicious insults hurled at the vote leave lobby,under the rules set out before the vote, the majority decision stands.
After the initial drop in the value of the pound, it quickly made a partial recovery, only to have the recovery reversed by Carneys UNBELIEVABLE decision to cut the base rate. It is obvious to many that the decion to cut was taken by an arch remainer, perhaps to try to prove his previously dire warnings on the economy that FAILED to materialise.
Agree.

Carney has been a disgrace and a disaster for the country.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... eans-leave

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » November 18, 2017, 1:08 pm

Project fear has totally failed. Nothing they predicted has come true. With the crying and wailing of the remainders, it seems that these people would rather see Britain fail, than make a success of Brexit.
The difficulties in the negotiations are caused by the belligerence and spitefulness of the EU, and Teresa May lacking a backbone. (Maggie where are you? )
The UK has made generous offers and concessions, only to be met with what? A sneering EU demanding more.
We should tell these parasites, no deal and walk away. Not until the EU realises that we are prepared to walk away will they start real negotiations.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 18, 2017, 1:20 pm

Adhoc wrote:
November 18, 2017, 1:08 pm
Project fear has totally failed. Nothing they predicted has come true. With the crying and wailing of the remainders, it seems that these people would rather see Britain fail, than make a success of Brexit.
The difficulties in the negotiations are caused by the belligerence and spitefulness of the EU, and Teresa May lacking a backbone. (Maggie where are you? )
The UK has made generous offers and concessions, only to be met with what? A sneering EU demanding more.
We should tell these parasites, no deal and walk away. Not until the EU realises that we are prepared to walk away will they start real negotiations.
Nice soap box speech Adhoc and 100% on the money . =D> =D> =D>
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2017, 11:19 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 18, 2017, 1:20 pm
Adhoc wrote:
November 18, 2017, 1:08 pm
Nice soap box speech Adhoc and 100% on the money . =D> =D> =D>
He's right on the money about the Tory leader's lack of spine. Unfortunately, it's the same lack of resolve that made Cameron start this nonsense for entirely the wrong reasons. He placed personal ambition way, way above the safe custodianship of the UK. This ugly schism in the Conservatives that still allows a few, self-serving ruling party members to cling to their aspirations to be MEP's is dangerously debilitating. May should have those (ma)lingering remoaners taken outside and shot... preferably with a ball of their own ----!
(...as my late dad would say)

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » November 19, 2017, 10:32 am

Those wishing to remain locked to the un democratic, money wasting EU are in total denial of reality. That reality is that for better or for worse, the UK electorate voted to LEAVE. There was very very little objection anywhere in the UK for holding the referendum, so the result MUST be adhered to. If the referendum had been held earlier, i.e when Blair promised it, then I for one am sure the result would have been to remain, but in reality 'if' in the past tense does not exist so it is up to ALL people to pull in the same direction for the good of the UK, and that means a getting very fair deal or perhaps accepting a 'no' deal.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 19, 2017, 2:02 pm

joudon wrote:
November 19, 2017, 10:32 am
Those wishing to remain locked to the un democratic, money wasting EU are in total denial of reality. That reality is that for better or for worse, the UK electorate voted to LEAVE. There was very very little objection anywhere in the UK for holding the referendum, so the result MUST be adhered to. If the referendum had been held earlier, i.e when Blair promised it, then I for one am sure the result would have been to remain, but in reality 'if' in the past tense does not exist so it is up to ALL people to pull in the same direction for the good of the UK, and that means a getting very fair deal or perhaps accepting a 'no' deal.
Or in the words of Noel Gallagher 'it was put to the people as a vote,the people voted.Thats democracy.F****** get over it'

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

It seems some want to shoot 48% of the voters. Can someone please tell me what Brexit has actually positively achieved in the last 15 months, apart from strident calls to silence remainers?

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » November 20, 2017, 5:02 pm

You either accept a democratic vote or return to anarchy, which do you prefer.? As a UK voter I reluctantly accepted 3 terms of BLAIR, because he WON.
What has been achieved, well for one the UK electorate knows why the Brussells mafia do not want Brexit. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thet need our CASH TO WASTE.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 20, 2017, 5:33 pm

If being democratic means committing economic suicide and being a supporter of xenophobia, racism and bigotry, then I am decidedly anti-democratic.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » November 20, 2017, 9:06 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
November 20, 2017, 5:33 pm
If being democratic means committing economic suicide and being a supporter of xenophobia, racism and bigotry, then I am decidedly anti-democratic.
Pathetic post.
Typical remoaner crap.
"economic suicide" - all the evidence points the other way.
"Xenophobia" - i.e wanting your own country to be in control of it's own laws, with it's own courts and parliament being the supreme authority, as opposed to an unelected, corrupt and anti-democratic one having the final say.
"racism" - Having control of your own boarders, deciding who comes in. No-one is saying there should be no immigration, just that it should be controlled.
"bigotry" - thrown in for for good measure probably.
We are not leaving Europe, just the totally corrupt and anti-democratic EUSSR.

Return to “U.K.”