Life certificates

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
bumper
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by bumper » October 4, 2014, 10:12 am

stattointhailand wrote:Not in the slightest upset with immigration Bumper, and happy to pay any correct and legal fees :lol:
Now if you had said upset with blatant corruption .... (overcharging for something that can be acquired free) and trying to hide that you are doing it [-X [-X [-X

Fair enough, me I', going riding today and get away from this machine :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by Khun Paul » December 25, 2014, 4:06 pm

Update, today December the 25th, having received a request from HMG that I complete a life certificate with an 8 week window, it took three weeks to get to me, so time was a tad pressing. I had to go to the local Tourist police office for a small thanks gift and while I was there I asked if they could sign the Life certificate, which according to the paperwork I had could be signed by a Police officer.

Imagine my somewhat concern as I was told the officer that signs things was late, obviously the Thai police designate officers to sign, not every police officer possibly is allowed, so after a wait if 15 minutes I got 'er indoors ' to ask what time could we expect this person to arrive, about 0900 we were told, if he was late at 0815, then by 0900 he would be very late. So we decided to come back.

I remembered someone said the Amphur did the signing, so we went to see, and lo and behold a nicer set of people I have ever met, took relevant copies and then signed by the District Chief and paid my dues, Thb 30:00 wished merry Christmas by them , and left all within 20 mins. No bother, no hassle, no waiting, really very easy and simple.

Popped around to the Main Post Office and sent it registered to that place in Wolverhampton.

Compared to the' jai yen yen' approach from the Tourist Police, who earn Thb 300:00 for every signing, I would have thought they would falling over themselves to make at least some semblance of effort.

So although they may give good service when the late person turns up, their attitude was a little disappointing to put it mildly.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by BobHelm » February 14, 2015, 8:04 am

Thursday afternoon I received an email from a friend saying that he had to go to the Tourist Police Station in order to get a UK Government Proof of Life form signed.
As he had never been before & was not exactly certain where it was, would I like to engage with him on a mystery tour of Udon. Having nothing better planned to do on a Friday morning, I said Yes.
Then, in one of those bizarre co-incidences that seems to strike me now & again, not an hour later I received an email from one of my UK pension providers saying that they needed a Proof of Life from me... :shock:

Now they are a lot less stringent that HM Gov. about who can sign for it - just about anyone breathing who is capable of signing their name & supplying their telephone number will do. I once had my then next door neighbour, who was an officer in the Royal Thai Police, to sign it, providing all his details written in Thai.. :D
However, as I was now going to the Tourist Police anyway it seemed a sensible option to get them to do it for me..

So, yesterday morning, I dug out this thread to get the address before we set off.

I was rather dismayed to then read the list of requirements that the OP, mortsyn, said were necessary in order to get this task completed.
Neither my friend, nor I, could comply.
He had brought just the form & his passport, I had the same, but could supply a copy of my rental agreement as well.

Anyway we decided that even if we were light on documentation we were alive & had the bare essentials & so would call by & see what they said.

In the event the bare essentials (Form, Passport & 300 baht :D ) were all that we were ever asked for.

A swift turnaround & a fairly pleasant experience all the way round at the office.

747man
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by 747man » February 14, 2015, 10:53 am

Bob,I Got mine signed about 4 Weeks ago ( The U.K Gov.) One by Whom I hear you ask.....Well believe it or not The Remittance Officer ( Teller ) in my Bank for " Free "..... The Manager :pirate: WOULD'NT Do it as he told Her " He Did'nt Know Me "
( Must be I don't have enough in My Account,Or because HE might have wanted some T Money :shock: .....However I Posted the same day back to Wolverhampton & Phoned the Newcastle Pension Office about 8 Days later & They had Recieved it back & Just asked me for my N.I Number & D.O.B To CONFIRM it was Me on the Phone & That I was still Breathing..... :D

malc123
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by malc123 » February 14, 2015, 3:26 pm

Wanted me to pay 1000 baht, said no thank you, bank only charge 100 baht for bank letter, friend did it for me.

malc123

bumper
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by bumper » February 17, 2015, 5:58 pm

747man wrote:Bob,I Got mine signed about 4 Weeks ago ( The U.K Gov.) One by Whom I hear you ask.....Well believe it or not The Remittance Officer ( Teller ) in my Bank for " Free "..... The Manager :pirate: WOULD'NT Do it as he told Her " He Did'nt Know Me "
( Must be I don't have enough in My Account,Or because HE might have wanted some T Money :shock: .....However I Posted the same day back to Wolverhampton & Phoned the Newcastle Pension Office about 8 Days later & They had Recieved it back & Just asked me for my N.I Number & D.O.B To CONFIRM it was Me on the Phone & That I was still Breathing..... :D
Ran inot the same thing at Bangkok Bank years ago. I told him you got to be kidding that is my passport, I;m talking to you I must be alive. He wouldn't do it I cancelled my account. Should of asked a teller. :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

747man
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by 747man » February 17, 2015, 7:51 pm

bumper wrote:
747man wrote:Bob,I Got mine signed about 4 Weeks ago ( The U.K Gov.) One by Whom I hear you ask.....Well believe it or not The Remittance Officer ( Teller ) in my Bank for " Free "..... The Manager :pirate: WOULD'NT Do it as he told Her " He Did'nt Know Me "
Ran inot the same thing at Bangkok Bank years ago. I told him you got to be kidding that is my passport, I;m talking to you I must be alive. He wouldn't do it I cancelled my account. Should of asked a teller. :lol:
Ain't that WEIRD Mine was Bangkok Bank as well MUST be the managers there are either " On The Take " or THINK they are Mr BIG, I SHOULD have CLOSED my account as well on the day,But was in too much of a hurry& Besides too much hassle getting the U.K Pensions office to change to a NEW Bank Account....

bumper
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by bumper » February 18, 2015, 2:56 pm

I ended up doping that myself. But, I don't leave it there anymore. It was around the time there was a crack down going on. One of the military times. It was a new manager. They also refused to give me my bank letter for immigration. I was using a ATM' on those days and putting the money in the account each month. The managers statement I don't know where the money comes from.

The one problem I have now can't have an ATM card on the account I have to go and pick up the money each month. Lot of retirees these days that can;t personally go to the bank and the life partners take care of that for them. So we are tying to find a way for my wife to transfer the money in the event of my illness. May or may not have found a way. I will try it next month.

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Re: Life certificates

Post by Tartempion » November 21, 2017, 3:25 am

Waking up an old tread:
Amphur Nong Han refused to stamp the form I got mailed by home country.
Motif: they could not read English.
Went to Nong Han police station where after a long discussion with 3 officers I got advised to drive to Udon Tourist police where I was asked to pay 500B for that stamp.
OK, next time will hit the Udon Tessabaan, are they in the big provincial building near Thung Si Mueang?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 21, 2017, 7:59 am

I find this all a bit strange ,i got mine stamped & signed at BKK bank ( kumphawapi) i did all the photo copying and wrote out all the wording , this is a true copy of original doc and true likeness of bla bla bla ,the managers name ,bank address & phone number, he has signed it and stamped every time no probs

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » November 21, 2017, 10:35 am

The last time I had to do this I was in the UK, I phone them up told them how difficult it was to get this done in Thailand. Immigration wanted 1000 baht to do the BBK bank did not want to know. Was told any professional person can do it. In UK went to pharmacy. Next time I will try the pharmacy that I use in Thailand.
Also told that they exstended the time that you get to return it.

malc123

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 22, 2017, 7:13 pm

Is a life certificate the same thing as a annual visa ?

domfromoz
udonmap.com

Post by domfromoz » November 22, 2017, 7:31 pm

bumper wrote:
November 22, 2017, 7:13 pm
Is a life certificate the same thing as a annual visa ?
No Ray,Its called a "proof of life certificate .

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 23, 2017, 5:46 pm

Thanks I used to have to do that no longer I used a local lawyer

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 1, 2018, 9:40 am

WOW! Just had my Life Certificate form in the post!
I will go to the translation office where I get my visa processed.
They,like last time, will sign for free. (But a 100 baht tip anyway!)
LiFE CERT 1.jpg

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 6, 2018, 4:06 pm

Can anybody tell me if You get confirmation.Life certificate form is approved?
Been 2 months now still dont know!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 6, 2018, 5:10 pm

choi choi wrote:
November 6, 2018, 4:06 pm
Can anybody tell me if You get confirmation.Life certificate form is approved?
Been 2 months now still dont know!
If you pension stops, it wasn't approved.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » November 6, 2018, 5:58 pm

phu yai ban will do for free.no confirmation from UK but still paying OAP.

Return to “Notice Board”