Missing Deposit Bangkok Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Missing Deposit Bangkok Bank

Post by Peter USNR » December 1, 2017, 9:07 pm

Somewhere between New York and Bangkok Bank Thailand many accounts holders have not received their Direct Deposits from the US., such as VA, SS, Retirement etc. I myself have just filed a claim via email with [email protected] as I also furnished with it proof that Bangkok Bank NY received those funds.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: Missing Deposit Bangkok Bank

Post by jimjay » December 1, 2017, 9:58 pm

Peter USNR wrote:
December 1, 2017, 9:07 pm
Somewhere between New York and Bangkok Bank Thailand many accounts holders have not received their Direct Deposits from the US., such as VA, SS, Retirement etc. I myself have just filed a claim via email with [email protected] as I also furnished with it proof that Bangkok Bank NY received those funds.
So do you have any proof about the "other" account holders?

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » December 2, 2017, 3:01 am

So how long have you been waiting?
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 2, 2017, 4:12 am

jimjay wrote:
December 1, 2017, 9:58 pm
Peter USNR wrote:
That was directly confirmed via a phone call with Bangkok Bank

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 2, 2017, 4:15 am

Alchai wrote:
December 2, 2017, 3:01 am
So how long have you been waiting?
My deposit is normally in my account around 9AM on the 1st. As of this posting it is still not in my account and I have verified the Direct Deposit was made by the US Treasury to Bangkok Bank and submitted this documented proof to Bangkok Bank.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 2, 2017, 6:29 am

Peter USNR wrote:
December 2, 2017, 4:12 am
jimjay wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:
I am also aware now of others who had their deposit made around 7pm to late for them to go to their Branch as it is closed.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 2, 2017, 10:42 am

ATM?

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 2, 2017, 3:10 pm

Peter USNR wrote:
December 2, 2017, 6:29 am
Peter USNR wrote:
jimjay wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:
I am also aware now of others who had their deposit made around 7pm to late for them to go to their Branch as it is closed.
how is this news?

shouldn't the title of this thread be "Late Deposit Bangkok Bank"?

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 3, 2017, 10:29 am

Not when other are missing and not deposited to their accounts.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 3, 2017, 10:43 am

jimjay wrote:
December 2, 2017, 3:10 pm
Peter USNR wrote:
December 2, 2017, 6:29 am
Peter USNR wrote:
jimjay wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:
how is this news?

shouldn't the title of this thread be "Late Deposit Bangkok Bank"?
I have a direct question for you if this does not effected you why are you so concerned about it and the choice of words. Missing means exactly that and at the time the message was posted many were in fact missing on the transfer from New York. A phone call to Bangkok make from the Bank confirmed this and that yes it was a problem. Further it is compounded by the fact of the time difference of 12 hours. Some were found/recovered around 8pm but not all and many are still missing...

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 3, 2017, 10:44 am

deankham wrote:
December 2, 2017, 10:42 am
ATM?
Direct Deposits such as VA, Social Security and any other Government payments Bangkok Bank will not issued an ATM on those accounts

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 3, 2017, 11:35 am

Hope it works out. I received my SS deposit Dec 1 in a US bank. For 10 years I used to have SS deposited in my BBL account. A few years ago I changed and now have the SS deposits go to a US bank.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2017, 11:39 am

Peter USNR wrote:
December 3, 2017, 10:44 am
deankham wrote:
December 2, 2017, 10:42 am
ATM?
Direct Deposits such as VA, Social Security and any other Government payments Bangkok Bank will not issued an ATM on those accounts
If a deposit from a foreign government payment posts to your Thai account, it is not accessible via the ATM?

How do they do that?

Or is this a specific Thai bank account prohibition that an account set up to receive foreign government payments ONLY does not qualify for an ATM card?

Can you do online transfers from this account to a regular, ATM-accessible bank account?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 3, 2017, 1:18 pm

BBL has special accounts to receive SS deposits. Transfers and withdrawals can only be made in person and only at the specific branch.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2017, 2:56 pm

mak wrote:
December 3, 2017, 1:18 pm
BBL has special accounts to receive SS deposits. Transfers and withdrawals can only be made in person and only at the specific branch.
Thanks for that info. Didn't know it was a specific use, heavily restricted account.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2017, 2:59 pm

mak wrote:
December 3, 2017, 11:35 am
Hope it works out. I received my SS deposit Dec 1 in a US bank. For 10 years I used to have SS deposited in my BBL account. A few years ago I changed and now have the SS deposits go to a US bank.
Does that give you more 'instant' access via ATM anywhere in the world versus the SS-specific BBL account?

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » December 3, 2017, 3:25 pm

US Treasury maybe bankrupt

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 3, 2017, 6:16 pm

tamada wrote:
December 3, 2017, 2:59 pm
mak wrote:
Does that give you more 'instant' access via ATM anywhere in the world versus the SS-specific BBL account?
Yes. Also it shortens the loop from: US gov-BBL NY-BBL BKK- BBL Udon to: US gov-US bank.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 3, 2017, 7:21 pm

mak wrote:
December 3, 2017, 6:16 pm
tamada wrote:
December 3, 2017, 2:59 pm
mak wrote:
Yes. Also it shortens the loop from: US gov-BBL NY-BBL BKK- BBL Udon to: US gov-US bank.
Same. Deposited to a US bank and then use my handy-dandy no-fee on international ATM withdrawals ATM card and get access overnight -- if I want it.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 3, 2017, 8:00 pm

tamada wrote:
December 3, 2017, 2:56 pm
mak wrote:
December 3, 2017, 1:18 pm
Thanks for that info. Didn't know it was a specific use, heavily restricted account.
Just a quick followup on the restricted accounts. This is a U.S. government requirement for direct deposit to foreign banks. It is to insure only the person who is suppose to receive money is one getting it, thus no ATM cards or online transfers allowed.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”