Renewing UK passport.

Thailand news, views and comments
trubrit
udonmap.com

Renewing UK passport.

Post by trubrit » January 8, 2018, 4:35 pm

Mine is expiring soon and apparently it involves two personal journeys to Bangkok, one to apply and another to collect a few weeks later, this is not only time consuming but with flights etc, likely expensive, however I discovered on line a company based in Pattaya that will do all the legwork for you for just 5,000bht by post .https://www.keyvisathailand.com/send-us ... plication/
Has anyone used this service or know someone who has?

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Renewing UK passport.

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2018, 4:49 pm

Did mine back in 2011. I'm sure it came back from Hong Kong by post. Mind you they have probably changed all the rules and used that as an excuse to up the price since then :evil:

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » January 8, 2018, 5:42 pm

Check with British Embassy site for latest requirements.
Baht 5,000 seems a lot.
Did mine in London on a trip home, Received new passport in 4 hours.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 8, 2018, 6:17 pm

I think you have to do one journey to Bangkok because the application is done by Internet & you have to appear in person at The Trendy Building Sukumvit Soi 13.

There is a agency on the ground floor that has a service to pick your new passport up from Liverpool UK & send it to you by EMS.
If you search earlier posts on Udon Map about UK Passport renewal you will probably find out what you have to do.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2018, 6:31 pm

Just looked at website and it says that you have to collect it now (changed 2014?) because you have to sign it infront of them :roll:

I suspect that they must have had a visit from someone at Thai Immigration and have thus implemented a "worst possible practice" initiative :lol:
Last edited by stattointhailand on January 8, 2018, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » January 8, 2018, 7:08 pm

I picked my friend's passport up a couple of months ago from BKK.
You need to take the receipt of doc's the applicant received on the day of application. Also a letter of permission naming the recipient allowing them to collect it for you. The recipient must also take I.D
It's all on the web site

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 8, 2018, 7:31 pm

trubrit wrote:
January 8, 2018, 4:35 pm
Mine is expiring soon and apparently it involves two personal journeys to Bangkok, one to apply and another to collect a few weeks later, this is not only time consuming but with flights etc, likely expensive, however I discovered on line a company based in Pattaya that will do all the legwork for you for just 5,000bht by post .https://www.keyvisathailand.com/send-us ... plication/
Has anyone used this service or know someone who has?
Why Pay An Agent 5,000 Baht ?? O.K Val it's time consuming but at least it's CHEAPER IF You make the 2 Trips if you book in advance.....I Did mine in September 2017 I Booked Flights about 6 Weeks in advance..

1st Flight was on Nok Air UTH-DMK-UTH ( Same Day Return ) Cost me 1100 Baht....RETURN
2nd Flight was on Air Asia UTH-DMK-UTH ( Again Same Day Return ) & Cost me 1065 Baht....RETURN
Taxis cost me Approx 250 x 2 = 500 Baht,I Got a lift off a mate ( Who Lives in Bangkok ) the 1st time I went down...
So In Total Cost me 2,665 Approx....& I Got it for CERTAIN....( Post is VERY Unreliable here, as you know ) :shock: :shock:
On the Pick Up Trip I Also picked my Mates Passport up & He Gave me 1000 Baht So We BOTH Saved Money.... :D :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 8, 2018, 7:33 pm

fogeyes wrote:
January 8, 2018, 7:08 pm
You need to take the receipt of doc's the applicant received on the day of application. Also a letter of permission naming the recipient allowing them to collect it for you. The recipient must also take I.D
It's all on the web site
Yes I Also picked My Mates up....When I WENT TO PICK UP MINE..
I Can CONFIRM Everything Fogeyes writes there....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 8, 2018, 7:35 pm

Pal52 Said.....I think you have to do one journey to Bangkok because the application is done by Internet & you have to appear in person at The Trendy Building Sukumvit Soi 13.

Sorry Pal52,You MUST Do 2 Return Trips.....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 8, 2018, 7:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 8, 2018, 4:49 pm
Did mine back in 2011. I'm sure it came back from Hong Kong by post. Mind you they have probably changed all the rules and used that as an excuse to up the price since then :evil:
Yeah !! But THAT Was The OLDEN Days Mate.....It's ALL Done in Bangkok Now....

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 8, 2018, 7:58 pm

fogeyes wrote:
January 8, 2018, 7:08 pm
It's all on the web site
Presumably that is how the agent in Pattaya can do it. However 747 I don't see how I can book flights in advance at all, yet alone 6 weeks early as you don't know either the initial appointment date nor the collection date until they tell you they say about two days before, added to that if the time given to attend is late or even early , it could involve an overnight stay in Bangkok .I really don't want to spend any time there at all , thats why I am leaning towards using the agent but am wary of sending 5k baht unless someone can vouch for their integrity having used them .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » January 8, 2018, 8:09 pm

TB, as far as I am aware you have to apply in person so how an agency does this I don't know.
Book an appointment late morning, fly down early morning. The application process takes about 15 mins if all documentation is correct.
As previously posted there is a company on the ground floor of the same building that will collect it and send it on to you for a fee of about 500 baht
Book you return flight for late afternoon

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2018, 8:16 pm

Just had a re read ...... shows how when you get old you see one thing and read another. Would have sworn that you had to sign the bloomin thing before you can take it, but it actually says BEFORE YOU USE IT :oops:

Also noticed that they charge an extra 23.01 to securely send it to UK & back for you (not neg) :evil:

Would have thought the extortionate charge (83 or 91 quid) would have covered the cost of someone putting it into and taking it out of the daily diplomatic bag between Thailand and UK [-X

Can someone please explain how the agent in Pattaya thing works?

I'd certainly be more than a bit uncomfortable living (driving) in Udon all the time that an "Agent" in Patters had hold of my original passport, as they have to provide it to compare photo's old/new passport
11passport.jpg
Getting a known mate to take your passport down for 24/48 hrs is one thing letting a stranger have it is something else [-X

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 8, 2018, 8:24 pm

As far as I remember regarding collection you will have about a month to go and get your passport .

Return to “Thailand News”