classifieds

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

classifieds

Post by dragonz » February 21, 2018, 6:00 pm

Seems to me that the classified adds section of this forum really needs sorting out . A bit of a shambles really . Ads appearing years old . ignorant people posting ads then not answering inquiries as in the exercise bike an the aircon who had a few offers but were ignored , the buell harley custom , questions not answered etc
Why dont people tell you its sold instead of leaving it on there for people to inquire about ,why dont they answer the questions people ask about what they are selling .
I only joined this forum because i was interested in something for sale only to find out i could not pm but sellers should realise there are more people reading this forum that are not members , than members so should put a tel no or email address to contact them.
Just takes a few minutes to post SOLD

felixcat
udonmap.com

Re: classifieds

Post by felixcat » February 21, 2018, 6:43 pm

I posted here long time ago about all the things i have bought and sold over the years. More bought than sold. Bought many things we needed and found things my friends needed. I'm talking ALOT of stuff.
Yeah, now,....this is what has happened. We met many people through this and are still friends...after all these years.
We sell on other venues now..because the feeling we get is that many on here are not wise about saving money.
To tell the truth, I have saved probably about a million dollars during my life by buying 2nd hands. $ -2nd hand homes, about 30 2nd hand cars, many motorcycles, , about 100 bicycles, jewelry, clothing of all kinds, plants, some gold, traded things for other things. Don't forget the savings and the interest "You don't have to pay".
You pay $1,000, I get it for $100......not a problem..no one to impress here.
I want to be clear about one thing..I am not a "shark" that has attacked so many sellers here. You know who you are. I buy for what you ask,,,,not cut your price by 50% (that is already 50%.)
Maybe you sharks did this to UD

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 21, 2018, 7:02 pm

Totally agree.i put a ad on,then edited it and it never went back on and like you say,the advertiser gets the free ad but is then to bone idle to jump on and say sold.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 21, 2018, 8:11 pm

I've always found that the classified adds worked OK.
I've bought many things here ..... It's NOT UM ... It's the users who advertise and don't follow up on enquiries etc, etc ................ :?
Bring back Saint

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Maybe a delete button for the selling poster would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 21, 2018, 10:52 pm

They can always update with SOLD! .... most other advertisers do!
Bring back Saint

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » February 22, 2018, 7:21 am

Why not auto-delete after a month? If need be, the seller can repost.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 22, 2018, 8:34 am

Barney wrote:
February 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Great idea Barney but if they find it hard posting the word ''sold''they might find it equally as hard to press ''delete''

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 22, 2018, 10:34 am

Yes, this is a problem. The most effective way to do this is to let us know when your item is sold (or you have found the one you're looking for) by changing the title of the first post and adding SOLD or FOUND. That will change the title in the list, and we'll see it and can remove it.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 22, 2018, 10:47 am

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
Barney wrote:
February 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Great idea Barney but if they find it hard posting the word ''sold''they might find it equally as hard to press ''delete''
Taxi I agree with you and stand corrected. Image I should been more specific. Some may not want to sell anymore and can just delete the post.
ImageImage

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » February 23, 2018, 6:00 am

I think most agree it is not good in its present format . The oldest post for selling a motorcycle is 2010 . Why is it still on there ?
A lot of members just scroll through the pages then ask a question on an ad that is years old as they have not noticed the date .
Should be an easy task to just limit the adds for 30 days with the option to renew and perhaps being able to flag ads that do not answer questions so they can be deleted .

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 23, 2018, 7:52 am

I think it might be a great idea if the OP updated his post & so allow classifieds to be closed out.
However, the reality of the situation is that many sellers are not regular members &, once their item is sold elsewhere, never come back.

I wonder at members who ask questions about ancient postings though...
A bit of personal responsibility by the customer(i.e. being at least awake) would equally resolve the issue.
Sadly we seem to live in times where everything is someone else's responsibility & common sense, uncommon. :D

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » February 23, 2018, 11:28 am

BobHelm wrote:
February 23, 2018, 7:52 am
I think it might be a great idea if the OP updated his post & so allow classifieds to be closed out.
However, the reality of the situation is that many sellers are not regular members &, once their item is sold elsewhere, never come back.

I wonder at members who ask questions about ancient postings though...
A bit of personal responsibility by the customer(i.e. being at least awake) would equally resolve the issue.
Sadly we seem to live in times where everything is someone else's responsibility & common sense, uncommon. :D
Yes and i am puzzled about the not regular members registering , have no posts and selling in the classifieds . When i joined just to contact someone on the classifieds i found i could not pm , could not even post without being censored and it took me 16 posts to make the 10 i needed . 1 of those was blocked which was about a scammer selling a bellini motorcycle (even though it is a scam ) the other 5 disappeared so i suppose nobody was bothered to censor them so they were not posted .
Why do sellers not have to go through the same degrading system as i did to post something in the classifieds ? The 3 scammers i have seen today registered in jan/feb , have no posts but are able to sell something . NOT GOOD

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » February 23, 2018, 12:03 pm

1. Advertisements to be limited to a life span of , say, 30 days, then automatically delete.
2. Advertisers MUST provide a DIRECT personal contact point(s), (i.e. email address, telephone number pm, if available)), as the ONLY means of contacting the advertiser.
3. The 'thread' option, THANKFULLY, then becomes superfluous and can be done away with completely. The benefits of this move are self evident, including genuine responders being able to negotiate privately with advertisers free of the problem constantly caused by gratuitous and unwelcome posts by Trolls, and others having no genuine interest in the advertisement. Having to go to the trouble of sending an email or making a 'phone call would be, I suggest, likely, to cull even further, the advertiser being pestered by time wasters, as referred to by Bob.
4. As to advertisers not replying to an enquiry, accept that such rudeness is almost certainly intentional, ( and, dare I say, considered normal in these enlightened times :roll: ), and look elsewhere for what you seek. Of course, this situation is far less likely to arise if you are able to contact the advertiser by telephone.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » February 23, 2018, 1:49 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
February 23, 2018, 12:03 pm
1. Advertisements to be limited to a life span of , say, 30 days, then automatically delete.
2. Advertisers MUST provide a DIRECT personal contact point(s), (i.e. email address, telephone number pm, if available)), as the ONLY means of contacting the advertiser.
3. The 'thread' option, THANKFULLY, then becomes superfluous and can be done away with completely. The benefits of this move are self evident, including genuine responders being able to negotiate privately with advertisers free of the problem constantly caused by gratuitous and unwelcome posts by Trolls, and others having no genuine interest in the advertisement. Having to go to the trouble of sending an email or making a 'phone call would be, I suggest, likely, to cull even further, the advertiser being pestered by time wasters, as referred to by Bob.
4. As to advertisers not replying to an enquiry, accept that such rudeness is almost certainly intentional, ( and, dare I say, considered normal in these enlightened times :roll: ), and look elsewhere for what you seek. Of course, this situation is far less likely to arise if you are able to contact the advertiser by telephone.
pretty much spot on except i still think not replying to queries is a big part of what scammers do and if they do not answer should be able to be flagged by pontential buyers. I looked at the classified today for 5 mins and saw about 5 probable scams 3 definite . Scammers do not in the main answer queries .
The reason i have started this thread i have been buying online since 2002 and never got scammed until last year when i was twice . This year already been scammed 5 times . I only pay with paypal and fair play have been reimbursed everytime . Was scammed this week by a massively advertised tv company showing uk tv but got an instant refund from paypal
The fact is scamming has taken off in the last year and is now stopping me from buying online. I now use lazada a lot but only for cash on delivery .
No offence to udon map but you are doing little or nothing to protect your members even though i have pointed out a couple of scams to you they are still there ? This forum seems to have no safety rules at all . Register today but cannot post but can sell something worth lots of money ?

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » February 23, 2018, 4:54 pm

In reply to your latest post dragonz.

1. Flagging/identifying, non responding advertisers..
While appearing easy in theory, I doubt it would work in practice. If the genuineness of a report was accepted by UM, I would expect UM to delete, rather than simply flag the offending advertisement. But what is UM to do if the complainant is relatively unknown to UM? Is it fair and reasonable to expect them to conduct, possibly quite difficult, enquiries to establish the bona fids, or otherwise, of the advertiser. My answer to that question is 'No'. However, acceptance or refusal of an, unpaid, advertisement is at the sole discretion of UM; equally UM can exercise its right to delete an existing advertisement, without any obligation to provide justification, or explanation, for its action. So UM has a completely free hand, in that regard.
I have closely followed the of Classified Advertisements, and certainly it is clear there are some active 'businesses' regularly marketing their wares. If my interpretation of UM's rules governing free advertisings is correct, this is a service available ONLY for the use of members. Perhaps the extent to which this restriction is being enforced, or circumvented by the unscrupulous IS most certainly an area which can and should be studied carefully by UM and, where necessary, appropriate changes made to outwit them. Unfortunately, I foresee no prospect of any major improvement in the near future.
So the two best pieces of advice I can offer gentlemen such as yourself, have been around longer than me, and yet are more relevant to-day than ever before.
i.e. If it looks or sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is.
Caveat emptor = Purchaser beware.Literal meaning is that you buy, and accept that you buy, entirely
at your own risk.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 23, 2018, 7:45 pm

OK, felixcat, is speaking...
You cannot allow a "buttom" to weed out the bad ones. Because the "haters' of them will Buttom you until only "they" control the "buttons". (This is what the Liberals want to do with social media, "buttom" the ones who do not agree with "them".) Unless, you show who "buttomed" it and after a time, you will see the results.(maybe a manopoly of the results)
As with other websites, you should have 30 days min, and 45 days max, then it expires. Done.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 23, 2018, 11:25 pm

Yo "Taffy!"
After 11 years here, can't you find more interesting things to do apart from complain about U.map classifieds and Donald Trump?
Seems a bit of a strange lifestyle for a Welshman here in Thailand ......
Chill out and relax a bit . After all, this is the Land of Smiles!
Bring back Saint

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » February 24, 2018, 10:02 am

panick wrote:
February 23, 2018, 11:25 pm
Yo "Taffy!"
After 11 years here, can't you find more interesting things to do apart from complain about U.map classifieds and Donald Trump?
Seems a bit of a strange lifestyle for a Welshman here in Thailand ......
Chill out and relax a bit . After all, this is the Land of Smiles!
Nah you misunderstand me .Never ever complained about donald trump or any politician . What i dislike is people like qwerty backwards and the haters , black lives matter, safe spaces , and me ,feminism ,politically correctness , stopping free speech tranny toilets ,that are basically destroying every western country slowly bit by bit . YOU need to care and complain about that as it is changing life in uk , usa and a few more western european countries and is one reason i left my country.
Classifieds no , i do not want to see people from this forum scammed as i care a little bit about people and hate scammers which are now reaching epidemic proportions in thailand as it is so easy .Just read the thai news . the thai police are catching hundreds of fraudsters every week and you can bet there is a lot more they do not catch..
I just think that udon map could do a little more to protect against scammers and the fact i have pointed out scammers ads to them but they are still on there say it all.
Classifieds are not important to me but if you get scammed you will know how frustrated and bad you will feel . I will now never buy anything from udon map classifieds and advise others to be carefull
Look forward to the rugby tonight , come on the jocks :)

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 24, 2018, 10:44 am

dragonz wrote:
February 24, 2018, 10:02 am
come on the jocks :)
says it all. \:D/

I wonder if this is the same user who's actually part Thai.

you must have got scammed.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”