Him? Who?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » November 18, 2017, 12:34 pm

JR wrote:
November 18, 2017, 9:47 am
Him? Who?
The person reffered toin the post above, click the link above for further details.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Mosquito » January 3, 2018, 7:15 pm

Recently installed road dividers in Nong Or.

So, driving home this evening and hit the first set of two areas with those plastic tube road dividers......was amazed they haven't been run over yet..........of course hit the second set and the first divider was flattened.

From my perspective they add more danger, they aren't properly lighted (plastic tape reflector don't cut the mustard) and limits the clearance area for passing motorbikes and those slow tak taks. They are just an accident waiting to happen.

Are there any qualified road safety professional in Udon or in the whole of Thailand for that matter??

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » January 5, 2018, 8:28 am

Mosquito wrote:
January 3, 2018, 7:15 pm

So, driving home this evening and hit the first set of two areas with those plastic tube road dividers......was amazed they haven't been run over yet..........of course hit the second set and the first divider was flattened.

From my perspective they add more danger, they aren't properly lighted (plastic tape reflector don't cut the mustard) and limits the clearance area for passing motorbikes and those slow tak taks. They are just an accident waiting to happen.

Are there any qualified road safety professional in Udon or in the whole of Thailand for that matter??
Qualified,road safety,professional in Thailand.more chance of finding that in the amazon basin.the only way to stop all this madness is to close all the gas stations down and start at the beginning with ox and cart and bicycles.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 5, 2018, 10:33 am

Mosquito wrote:
January 3, 2018, 7:15 pm

You mean the big, thick ones? Aren't they supposed to be filled with water?
Road dividers.gif
Road dividers.gif (15.74 KiB) Viewed 2629 times

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor Emergency

Post by trubrit » January 13, 2018, 12:44 pm

Just a couple of photos of the modern vehicles we are lucky to have in Non Wau Sor, seen today at the childrens party .
IMG_8848.jpg
IMG_8849.jpg
IMG_8850.jpg

trubrit
udonmap.com

Mango festival 2018

Post by trubrit » February 2, 2018, 10:00 am

Soon coming up the traditional yearly Nong Wai Red Cross mango festival,It's being held on the !st-3rd March at the Amphur Nong Wai grounds as usual. This year nightly entertainment over the three days includes on the first night a junior talent competition, get your offspring in , they may be the future star that will keep you in your retirement, who knows?
The second night is the hugely popular Miss Mango contest where age is no limit, just over 16 thats all .This is accompanied by the VIP dinner which guarantees you a prime view of the lovelies, just book a table for 10 in advance , a great social occassion and chance to get to know other locals .The third night is Mor Lam night a popular group has been booked, goes on till early next day, so no sleep for me that night
All this is accompanied by over 100 sales and trade stalls selling everything from cars to candy, plus of course lots of individual traders with the usual vast selection of mangos of all sizes and varieties at reasonable prices.
No mention about the Mango fair would be complete without the huge Red Cross stand , with it's multitude of prizes where eveyone is a winner .
Make a note in your diary and come along for a good day or evening out and contibute to the Red Cross at the same time. See you there .
Need more details pop in to the Red Cross office located on the ground floor in Amphur or pm me, I will try and help .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Tops in Nong Wai

Post by trubrit » February 2, 2018, 10:13 am

Sad to say although not surprised the Tops Superkoom store in Nong Wai is closing permanently at the end of this month. It never looked to be a success as it was just another mum and Pops style establishment, over crowded with the same stuff all the other village shops were selling, on the other hand the Tesco branch here seems to be doing reasonably well .

Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Post by Tom & Jee » February 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

I think that is closing also here in nong wua so. I passed yesterday and half of the shop was in boxes.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Grape picking.

Post by trubrit » February 11, 2018, 9:31 am

Never thought I would see this in Thailand yet alone in Nong Bua Lamphu.
grapes2.jpg
grapes3.jpg
grapes.jpg
grapes4.jpg[/attachment [attachment=0]grapes5.jpg
A friend of a friend has started a PIY grape farm up in NBP the wife went there yesterday to preview this years crop and there not only looking good but tasting delicious as well, although it's not open to the public until 13th this month as he thinks there not quite ready he let her pick some. The ones she got were seedless and he reckons to be selling them at 120bht green , 150bht kg black .
Attachments
grapes5.jpg
grapes4.jpg

Rockfossil
udonmap.com

Post by Rockfossil » February 11, 2018, 10:52 am

Do you have a location, address, village or directions ? They certainly look pretty good.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 11, 2018, 12:50 pm

I haven't been there myself, but believe this is their facebook page.....with map
https://www.facebook.com/%E0%B9%84%E0%B ... 482749101/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 11, 2018, 1:58 pm

parrot wrote:
February 11, 2018, 12:50 pm
I haven't been there myself, but believe this is their facebook page.....with map
https://www.facebook.com/%E0%B9%84%E0%B ... 482749101/
Thanks John, that's the one .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Mango festival 2018

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2018, 5:59 am

trubrit wrote:
February 2, 2018, 10:00 am
Soon coming up the traditional yearly Nong Wai Red Cross mango festival,It's being held on the !st-3rd March at the Amphur Nong Wai grounds as usual. This year nightly entertainment over the three days includes on the first night a junior talent competition, get your offspring in , they may be the future star that will keep you in your retirement, who knows?
The second night is the hugely popular Miss Mango contest where age is no limit, just over 16 thats all .This is accompanied by the VIP dinner which guarantees you a prime view of the lovelies, just book a table for 10 in advance , a great social occassion and chance to get to know other locals .The third night is Mor Lam night a popular group has been booked, goes on till early next day, so no sleep for me that night
All this is accompanied by over 100 sales and trade stalls selling everything from cars to candy, plus of course lots of individual traders with the usual vast selection of mangos of all sizes and varieties at reasonable prices.
No mention about the Mango fair would be complete without the huge Red Cross stand , with it's multitude of prizes where eveyone is a winner .
Make a note in your diary and come along for a good day or evening out and contibute to the Red Cross at the same time. See you there .
Need more details pop in to the Red Cross office located on the ground floor in Amphur or pm me, I will try and help .
Just a heads up, starts today with the official opening at 10am by the Udon Governor and his wife .
Might add there are a lot of plant and tree sellers this year located both sides of the main road for the duration of the mango fair .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2018, 11:44 am

Just a flavour of what lays in store for you at the Red Cross mango fair .
IMG_9004.jpg
IMG_9009.jpg
IMG_9010.jpg
IMG_9012.jpg
Yes even a few turkeys
IMG_9013.jpg
IMG_9014.jpg
A couple from the forum, maybe .
A big buffalo
IMG_9019.jpg
and an old goat .
IMG_9022.jpg

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 1, 2018, 12:01 pm

Thanks alot for the news Britman
Master Builder

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2018, 6:25 pm

A few visiting guests including the governor and his wife at the red cross tent trying their luck but just like me only got the consolation prize .However in the first few hours a fridge , three bikes and a lot of minor domestic appliances were won .
IMG_9033.jpg
IMG_9037.jpg
IMG_9044.jpg
IMG_9051.jpg
I got a bottle of pop and four packets of soap powder , guess I'll go home now and do the washing, leave the missus to do the fund raising .

trubrit
udonmap.com

The benefit of country living .

Post by trubrit » March 7, 2018, 6:16 pm

One of my special joys of living out here in Nong Wai is the abundance of fresh crops, in this case fruits in my garden .
This is especially so at this time of the year, these photos were taken this morning.
DSCN3150.jpg
Delicious mulberries, high in vitaminn C.
DSCN3151.jpg
Pomelo, a nice breakfast fruit.
DSCN3152.jpg
Jack fruit, nearly ready to eat with both the flesh and the stones edible .
DSCN3153.jpg
Some more for the future
DSCN3154.jpg
Coconuts a delicious drink and tasty flesh.
DSCN3155.jpg
Limes for the occassional G&t and on pancakes.
DSCN3156.jpg
The list wouldn't be complete without the tasty papaya.
Of course bananas by the ton, big ones and little ones, always a tasty addition with ice cream or custard and the surplus being made into banana bread for freezing .
All at no cost after initial planting, you can't get better than that, fresh and free. .

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 7, 2018, 7:02 pm

Looks great

Mrs N is wanting a nice little orchard come vegetable garden when I can get round to it
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 8, 2018, 2:59 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
March 7, 2018, 7:02 pm
Looks great

Mrs N is wanting a nice little orchard come vegetable garden when I can get round to it
Nows a good time to start with the rainy season soon upon us, don't leave it too long or you will have problems cultivating new plants .
On Non Wau Sor news topic, interesting to see the mango fair pictures have been viewed over 300 times and my garden topic over 150 but only one comment has been posted for both .Am I to assume that there isn't really an interest in what happens out here, be honest I won't cry :-" But I will just stop wasting my time if folks aren't interested.

Return to “Udon Thani News”