The 7 martyrs of SongKhon Thai response to christian teachings WW2

General Udon Thani topics only!
trekkertony
udonmap.com

The 7 martyrs of SongKhon Thai response to christian teachings WW2

Post by trekkertony » March 8, 2018, 12:58 pm

Is the tombs of the 7 martyrs and the 7 martyr's church in Songkhon worth visiting.

https://www.catholicireland.net/saintof ... on-d-1940/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: The 7 martyrs of SongKhon Thai response to christian teachings WW2

Post by stattointhailand » March 8, 2018, 3:18 pm

First i've heard of this story, and if true, I'm amazed.

To think that even the most brainwashed individuals would think that their "God" would prefer them to die rather than to live and be able to preach their doctrines at some future time. [-X

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 10, 2018, 9:08 pm

"Is the tombs of the 7 martyrs and the 7 martyr's church in Songkhon worth visiting.?"
WOW, sorry guys, I got to get in on this before it just rolls on by........
I hate to say this, but hold on, I will explain.... Lets not talk about the catholic church, lets take it home, to the Vatican.
The Vatican has grown power on the deaths of "martyrs". The Vatican is responsible for more deaths than all wars combined.
When God Almighty, our Creator, sent his Son Jesus. down to the earth, to tell us "Repent, from your ways and return to your Father in Heaven", He told us, the end is coming. Many people followed Jesus teachings, and the Romans found they could not control the masses who were following Jesus, so they built the Vatican, who made all things look like they were Jesus. They said "We are the true church and then they went out to kill the "true followers of Jesus/ But, the Bible or Jesus did not tell us to follow Mary. The Vatican tells us Jesus was a "little baby", that Jesus died on the cross (and they still got him on that cross), . They don't tell you Jesus rose from the dead and is coming back again.
Take that Religion away, take the Vatican away...what do you got? Do you believe someone "made you and loves you and is coming back for you"? This is the message Jesus left to us.
So, as far as "the 7 Tombs"....buy a lottey ticket, or save your money and "wait upon the Lord"
Hope that helps.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQhW9vAwCqM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 11, 2018, 2:06 am

felixcat wrote:
March 10, 2018, 9:08 pm
Hope that helps.......
No, your analysis does not help at all.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » March 11, 2018, 2:40 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
March 11, 2018, 2:06 am
felixcat wrote:
March 10, 2018, 9:08 pm
Hope that helps.......
No, your analysis does not help at all.
Actually it's pretty sound.

Worded in "Felix style" yes, -but at it's core, pretty well sums it up.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 11, 2018, 5:29 am

There is little written on the net to explain the religeous persecution at Songkhon other than the military regime under Marshal Phibun was displaying fascist overtones in the eyes of many observers at the time.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 11, 2018, 9:54 am

trekkertony, maybe the Vatican just made this up as a Fable. They do this alot.
But, lets go down the rabbit hole, with Felixcat. (jimjay, you should not get too close to me, lest you bear the "cross I bear".)
I posted this here long time ago...maybe you did not see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rin3YkfSqA8
My wife is christian..not the Vatican style "christian", but as a "believer" in Jesus, the Son of our Creator, who just wants us to use our "Free Will" that He gave us, to choose to come back to Him. My wife is christian, and most of her 11 brothers and sisters, and their children and their childrens/ childrens, and then you got the Auantes, Uncles and on & on. Her Father had alot of land (alot) and liked to "party". His wife was given a Bible tract, by a British man passing by on a horse, back in the 1940's. She dropped that tract somewhere, and went on having more children. Well, being at home with many children, and her husband out "partying", she found that tract one day and read it again, and said 'I want to know this God". Well, she changed, and soon her husband changed, from his ways, and he gave land to start "another" christian church, that is still here today. I won't tell you the church, lest some "haters" want to damage it.
The world is being turned against us...Trump says he is christian, but this is an attempt to get the world to hate him and what he says he is. Don't fall for it,, like Lone Star is. Trump is not christian, no more than Mike Pence is a Born again christian. They are all Free Masons who's Temple is under the Vatican
We are growing, as fast as we are being killed off......china has about 300 million christians in their underground churches, THATS bigger than the USA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCHInA6UMg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 11, 2018, 11:58 am

who just wants us to use our "Free Will" that He gave us.
where did god say you have "Free Will" .from my understanding god only wrote once, the 10 commandments. other than that all other Christian books are fictional stories made up by men.
what was god doing before he created the universe ? hanging around for trillions of years in the dark all on his lonesome ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

papafarang, "The best Pizza maker ever", do you remember when I hugged you? We came with a trove of people,...Men, women, children. 3 tables, 6 Pizza Pies? Felixcat hugged you at your belly...(as in Bowing down to you) You are the Man!
How may I serve you, O' Master Pizza Maker?
Well, lets start at.. well, lets make this simple, real simple...REAL SIMPLE.
What is the difference between Jesus and ALL other world "religions".
Jesus "gave" .....he was sent by his Father to come down to this earth and spill his blood for ua all. Paying the price for our sins.
God did this for us stupid , lost people....because He loves us.
All other religions are based on money..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 11, 2018, 6:10 pm

All other religions are based on money..

And err what is YOUR gods religion based on felix. oh I forgot real estate, buildings, golden icons and a big plate doing the rounds at every service :roll:

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 11, 2018, 8:45 pm

It's an interesting place to visit. A large Catholic Cathedral is collocated with the graves. Please remember that this incident took place during the Japanese occupation of Thailand during WW II. They have brochures at the site explaining just what happened.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 11, 2018, 9:06 pm

I spoke too soon....what I wanted to say was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0slTBGBEf0g

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 12, 2018, 5:36 am

Correction: The murders took place during the Franco-Thai war. The Thai police believed they were spying for the the French. It's an interesting place to visit if you're interested in history. My apologies for the mistake in who ordered the killings.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 12, 2018, 5:37 pm

stattointhailand, papafarang, Laan Yaa Mo, and all others, "Religion" has gotten a bad rap, and it should, because "Religion" won't get you to where you need to go.. Our Creator God never charged any kind of "Membership" fees for anything. Instead, He sent His son down to us, flipped over the money tables that were in the Temples, gave a message of love towards all mankind, then gave His own life as an offering for our sins and lost ways, so we can find our way back to Him. There is no hope in the pope. This world is so full of so many lies and deciet, no wonder so many are so lost.
Check this: "All Dogs go to Heaven". NO THEY DON'T. When you die, you go back to the dust of the ground....NO YOU DON'T,, the rest of that verse is "Then your spirit rises up". But where does it go? That depends on you.
If you don't understand why the 7 Martyrs gave their lives for something they believed in, well, guess what, you will have your opportunity to give your life, "if you don't take the Mark, that is being pushed upon us, right now". Or call it the "chip" in your brain. Because if you take this "mark, chip" you will not be able to buy or sell. That is in Revelation 13:16-17 of the Bible. Why is this a big deal? Because God says if you take it, "I will cast you away from my sight". So why would a loving God do such a mean thing? Because if you get this chip in your brain, you will lose your "free will" to choose. God wants people to choose Him, not be forced into something (ie, taking away your free will). Thats love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn4P7IBqoQ&t=102s this will explain more on this.
Anyways, sometimes I ramble on too much..lets get down to the point. Do you want to be a Martyre and refuse the chip, or take the chip and be cast away from God, or would you like the easy way out? See thiss .........................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pKAjo ... e=youtu.be All should see this, it will answer so many questions so many have.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 13, 2018, 4:23 pm

I'm regretting starting the post after the previous contribution. I was initially curious as to the why the executions ocurred given the buddhist value for life. It appears that fdimike's research has thrown up a logical explanation.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 13, 2018, 6:19 pm

Trekkertony, don't regret starting the post just because someone pushes their agenda with long rambling posts and youtube links.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 13, 2018, 8:09 pm

Stantheman wrote:
March 13, 2018, 6:19 pm
Trekkertony, don't regret starting the post just because someone pushes their agenda with long rambling posts and youtube links.
Hear, hear.
Trek, I enjoyed your post. It was a little bit of history I was not aware of.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 13, 2018, 9:05 pm

OK, Trekkertony, accept my apoligy.....
Hey if you want to see Thailands history you may also want to see the "Soaps" that run daily on Thai TV.
Just today as the wife and I were sitting at BKK Hospital, looking at the "soaps" (because we don't sit with our head into a phone, like most all) , a scene came on where a lady was shakeled inside a "cage" and they were going to cut her head off. My wife told me, "That was Thailand 200 years ago". Really, I said.
Maybe someone seen that show today (Tuesday @ 1:15pm) Who told you "they value life"? Yeah, maybe a butterfly.
Want to see "value life: in action" Start getting all the children off the streets with their motorbikes, or at the "very" least, make them wear helmats. BOOM! (Mike drop)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 14, 2018, 9:10 am

mak wrote:
March 13, 2018, 8:09 pm
Stantheman wrote:
March 13, 2018, 6:19 pm
Trekkertony, don't regret starting the post...
Hear, hear...
Agree. Good thread, learned something new.

Just click FOE on the offending poster and all of the ridiculous blather disappears. 8)
UFF DA!

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 14, 2018, 7:13 pm

Yes, Jello (for brains) said it right: "Just click FOE on the offending poster and all of the ridiculous blather disappears."
I don't think he was referring to me...but just imagine...if you could delete all " that offends your tiny brain", where would we be? Communism? Orwell 1984? You would not have "freedom" as you think. You would have only what you are told to believe.
I presented some "facts"...So if you can't handle the truth..Or as Jack Nicholson said "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"!, then stand in line to get your "Catholic inspired" "7 Martyrs idol beads" ..and I'm sure in the same line, you may find your Buddist images, side by side.
Is it just me, or what is happening? Don't you think if Thailand did this terrible to these 7 Martyrs, that they would try to cover it up, instead of turning it into a money making thing?
Let that sink in a bit....please.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”