Kumphawapi.

Udon Thani news, views and comments
trubrit
udonmap.com

Kumphawapi.

Post by trubrit » March 14, 2018, 10:31 am

Just getting news through on the Red Cross help line of a natural disaster in Kumphawapi over night. Apparently thunderstorms accompanied by gale force winds have destroyed or severely damaged 112 dwellings, leaving the occupants and their belongings exposed to the elements. All units of the Red Cross have been summoned to attend to give assistance. That's all I know for now, maybe our more local members can fill in .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

panmotor
udonmap.com

Re: Kumphawapi.

Post by panmotor » March 14, 2018, 1:43 pm

Not heard anything locally Trubrit. The centre of town seems as normal as it can be so, it may have been in one of the outlying areas. Near the centre, we have had a couple of localised storms and the electricity was down for an hour or so yesterday evening but, nothing I would call extreme

If you hear any more, please post or PM.

By the way, nice to read of the Red Cross achievements on the other thread. Makes a change to read something non combative and positive!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: Kumphawapi.

Post by Hoopoe » March 15, 2018, 11:13 am

My house got hit by the storm out on the 2350 rd ,well built house only superficial damage end ridge tiles ripped off , some trees up rooted , but the village festival comes first Ha Ha , so repairs will have to wait ,

Return to “Udon Thani News”