Post by Brian Davis » March 8, 2018, 5:16 pm

Interesting, informative post and photos. You can eat jackfruit stones? 8-[

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Re: Non Wau Sor News

Post by Nigglyb » March 8, 2018, 5:53 pm

trubrit wrote:
March 8, 2018, 2:59 pm
On Non Wau Sor news topic, interesting to see the mango fair pictures have been viewed over 300 times and my garden topic over 150 but only one comment has been posted for both .Am I to assume that there isn't really an interest in what happens out here, be honest I won't cry :-" But I will just stop wasting my time if folks aren't interested.
I didn't think the posts were expectant of flurry of comments :shock:
To me they're worded a bit like reading a newspaper (which is good I hasten to add) but I never get the urge to write in to the Editor if I like a particular article
I personally like reading the threads but may or may not see any relevance to making further comments so I guess its your call if you want to stop posting
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 8, 2018, 6:35 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
March 8, 2018, 5:16 pm
You most certainly can, there delicious .http://www.thaitable.com/thai/recipe/bo ... ruit-seeds
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 8, 2018, 6:43 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
March 8, 2018, 5:53 pm
]
I didn't think the posts were expectant of flurry of comments :shock:
To me they're worded a bit like reading a newspaper (which is good I hasten to add) but I never get the urge to write in to the Editor if I like a particular article
I personally like reading the threads but may or may not see any relevance to making further comments so I guess its your call if you want to stop posting
No not really looking for an ongoing debate, just simply wondering why so many views and apparently little interest, but I enjoy sharing things about my home village and didn;'t want to waste my time and other peoples posting them if they weren't .Thanks for replying at least now I know I'm not talking to myself . :lol:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 8, 2018, 6:55 pm

trubrit wrote:
March 8, 2018, 6:35 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
You most certainly can, there delicious .http://www.thaitable.com/thai/recipe/bo ... ruit-seeds
I was worried it was a direct route to hospital with stomach pain! But I've learnt something and I'll give it a go. Anything resembling potatoes will grab my interest.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 8, 2018, 7:32 pm

This forum needs a like/dislike button...
So,
:D LIKE :D
Great to see posts about current events and happenings in and around udon.
UFF DA!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 8, 2018, 7:40 pm

Jello wrote:
March 8, 2018, 7:32 pm
This forum needs a like/dislike button...
Yes, most of the emojis don't even work now so I can't even give a thumbs up to something I like

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 8, 2018, 8:08 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
March 8, 2018, 6:55 pm
trubrit wrote:
March 8, 2018, 6:35 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
I was worried it was a direct route to hospital with stomach pain! But I've learnt something and I'll give it a go. Anything resembling potatoes will grab my interest.
You might like to try this then, delicious non meat BURGERS .https://minimalistbaker.com/bbq-jackfru ... cado-slaw/

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » March 9, 2018, 5:30 pm

Hi trubrit.
I live in nws and love and appreciate this little thread.
Please keep posting as you feel like.
Just because we dont comment doesnt mean we're not interested.
Mick

P.s. just wish you had spelt the heading correctly. 555

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 9, 2018, 6:01 pm

second Mick. Always interested in how things are growing. I do not post my own growing efforts much because most are rather modest, I'm just happy if i get anything to eat after disease, bugs and the M-in-L have butchered my plants!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 9, 2018, 6:38 pm

Great and informative post this, i enjoy just reading through,,best regards ,

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 12, 2018, 4:16 pm

trubrit wrote:
September 12, 2017, 6:28 am
A good turn out again yesterday for the Red Cross blood collection,21557589_1573334172727327_7144658460230500081_n.jpg
Well that 6 months went by quick, yes it's time for the Red Cross blood donation team to roll into town. This Thursday 15th to be precise at the Amphoe pavillion in Nong Wai, starting about 8am and going on all day .This time a few donors will be getting a certificate commemorating a their 30th donation.Sorry to say those over 60's are not eligible but hope to see a few of the younger members there .
'

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 12, 2018, 4:23 pm

Thought I would just add to the above. Over 60's don't be offended by your exclusion, there's nothing wrong with your blood it's simply that it takes longer to replenish itself as you age and sometimes causes dizzy spells while it does .So the nurse explained to me anyway .

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 12, 2018, 5:33 pm

AS i stated earlier "great and informative post this "now i've just learned why i had the dizzy spells and lethargy ( for quite some time ) , after i lost quite a bit of blood , IT TAKES LONGER TO REPLENISH ITSELF , as now i'm officially an owd fart , best regards

trubrit
udonmap.com

The Red Cross NWS branch.

Post by trubrit » March 14, 2018, 8:21 am

I often post about the fund raising activities we all get up to on behalf of our local Red Cross so I thought just for a change I would show where some of that money and a lot of effort goes .
This destitute family was brought to our attention by the village headman of their mountain village after the recent birth of their latest child .They are all living in a make do shelter, can't really call it a house, getting by as best they could but never asking or expecting assistance from any one .When we heard of their plight we went to see them to see whether they could be helped, I'm glad to say with the combined financial assistance of the local Amphoe and Red Cross funds we are going to build them a , be it modest, a small proper constructed house and have arranged for an expert on self sufficient agriculture to teach them how to produce crops to eat and hopefully able to sell the surplus at market .
.rede dx fam.jpg
The family .

.red x2.jpg
How they lived .We brought the water .
.redex3.jpg
.red x.jpg
I would just add they have given their permission for me to detail this .
Now that's not the the only example of how the Red Cross work locally .Just last week the team attended a rather distressing incident where a house was burnt down, being of wooden construction it was totally destroyed .In this incident they were able to provide the materials for the occupants to rebuild a home , but owing to the obvious distress of all involved I won't publish further details or photos .
Just two recent examples of how the money from the fund raising Mango Fair and other events, all contributed by the general public is used to benefit other not so fortunate , in the area .
Maybe I should just explain, I use the pronoun "we" above but I am not actually a member of the Red Cross but as my wife is Gen Sec of the Non Wau So branch, I cannot but help get involved in the work she does , and are pleased to do so .

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 14, 2018, 8:40 am

Heartwarming stories there, Trubrit. Good to see honest money put to good use.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » March 14, 2018, 9:42 am

Nice to see, especially after all the recent corruption news.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 14, 2018, 4:03 pm

Nice story =P~

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 31, 2018, 10:42 am

Just a couple of snippets this week, one good the other not so . First the good news , a PTT petrol station is being constructed just before entering NWS coming from Nong Wai, it's going to big quite a big one and will have all the associated services available, Amazon Coffee and 7 eleven included, construction already started. The other item not so good. You may remember I recently posted photos of a new large jungle market opening on the main Nong Bua-Udon road, just past the old existing one, well just when it was due to open a mysterious fire destroyed all the stalls which all had the straw thatch roofs, the cause is not known but local talk is arson, as it would obviously had affected the existing site .

Return to “Udon Thani News”