Loading Kodi Box

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Loading Kodi Box

Post by Saminthailand » April 13, 2018, 7:26 am

I am not teckie and am looking for somewhere to get my Kodi Box loaded with a good spread of channels.

Any ideas guys please

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Re: Loading Kodi Box

Post by Charlieb » April 13, 2018, 9:38 am

What do you mean by "Kodi Box"? Is it an Android box? What make and model?

Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Post by Saminthailand » April 14, 2018, 7:15 am

MXQ-4k ....Ultra HD ...Android TV Box

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 14, 2018, 10:04 am

That box runs Android 4.4.4 (old) and is a 32-bit box with 1 Gig Ram and 8 Gig storage. You can buy one for less than 1000 baht on Lazada.

The newer Android boxes run at least Android 5.1 or preferably Android 6.1 (Lollipop) have a 64 bit architecture with much more memory and storage space. They cost around 5000 Baht. You get what you pay for.

Every time I have attempted to install additional apps on the cheaper boxes they begin to really bog down after 1 or 2 installs sometimes to the point you can't even move the mouse.

I don't try to help with these installs because when the box is non-responsive it looks like something I have done. Perhaps someone more learned than me will help.

I am not trying to bad mouth your box, just stating facts.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » April 14, 2018, 1:29 pm

If you are planning on running KODI it is not a one time installation and then you are done situation. You need learn how to manage and load the builds and the add-ons because they go down and are replaced by other addons and the addons will not always be able to establish a video stream. Take out some time to familiarize yourself with the reviews of the different types of hardware available on the market. I suggest that you start at https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-support/. Take out some time make yourself familiar with KODI because there is a learning curve you will need to go through so that you will be able to maintain KODI yourself. As already mentioned get a good performance Android box that will be in the 5000 baht price range. The Nvidia Shield will give you great performance but it is not cheap. I started out by loading KODI on my PC and took the time to familiarize myself with it before I ordered any Android TV Boxes. An alternative to KODI for you maybe Mobdro. It runs on an Android platform. Mobdro maybe all that you need. One more note. As frequently mentioned use a VPN.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Deacz9
udonmap.com

Post by Deacz9 » April 15, 2018, 12:14 pm

Charlieb wrote:
April 14, 2018, 10:04 am
That box runs Android 4.4.4 (old) and is a 32-bit box with 1 Gig Ram and 8 Gig storage. You can buy one for less than 1000 baht on Lazada.

The newer Android boxes run at least Android 5.1 or preferably Android 6.1 (Lollipop) have a 64 bit architecture with much more memory and storage space. They cost around 5000 Baht. You get what you pay for.
Following this thread as wanting an android box soon. What would it cost extra to subscribe to the channels and set it up initially?

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 15, 2018, 6:57 pm

The apps I use are cost free. Hoever, as stated, you really need a good box

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”