Retirement extension - Minor Query

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Retirement extension - Minor Query

Post by Brian Davis » February 23, 2018, 11:29 am

Just checking - is it only one copy of the application form and supporting documentation required for retirement extension? I know they require two sets for marriage. Thanks.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Retirement extension - Minor Query

Post by macca46 » February 23, 2018, 11:33 am

You only need the one.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 17, 2018, 11:25 am

Well I will add to the questions I find it better to check ahead and do it with confidence. It's about that time.

So Far I have the TM-7 done
Map to the house
Income letter from the Embassy.
Yellow House book
Valid Passport
I will bring my bank book with me ( copy needed?)

Did I get all that is needed for a single visa.

Do I need copies of all the documents
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 17, 2018, 11:50 am

last time I was in
I took one copy of everything
TM 7
copy of Departure Card and last entry stamp Along with Passport Picture page
Letter from Bank about my Bank Account (cost me 200 baht) and with updated bank book
2 photographs

I think that was all

Good luck

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 17, 2018, 6:32 pm

Thanks

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » April 17, 2018, 9:11 pm

bumper wrote:
April 17, 2018, 11:25 am
Well I will add to the questions I find it better to check ahead and do it with confidence. It's about that time.

Map to the house
Yellow House book
Valid Passport

Hi bumper,

You need copies of the picture page, your last years retirement stamp, from your Passport.

You don't need you Bank Book. You are an American. You have the Income Affidavit .

Lastly if you get a Multi Entry you will need the TM form for that. Sorry I can't remember the Form number.

Regards

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » April 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

One more thing. a copy of your Arrival Card whih is stapled in your Passport.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 18, 2018, 11:34 am

Got a little extra that's OK. Rather have to much then not enough

Thanks Guys
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 18, 2018, 4:28 pm

colt1911 wrote:
April 17, 2018, 9:11 pm
bumper wrote:
April 17, 2018, 11:25 am

Map to the house
Yellow House book
Valid Passport

Hi bumper,

You need copies of the picture page, your last years retirement stamp, from your Passport.

You don't need you Bank Book. You are an American. You have the Income Affidavit .

Lastly if you get a Multi Entry you will need the TM form for that. Sorry I can't remember the Form number.

Regards
Colt, I use an Income Affidavit and for my first 6 years they never asked me for my bank book; however, last June they did and I just told them I didn't have it with me and they let me slide. I have spoken with a few Americans this year that said the immigration officer that helped them insisted on seeing their bank book in order to confirm that they had movement of at least 800,000 baht per year coming in and out of their accounts. I'm curious to know if any of the other forum members have had this happen. These were guys going in for Retirement Visa extensions and using the Income Affidavit from the US Embassy.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 18, 2018, 4:48 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 18, 2018, 4:28 pm

. . . I have spoken with a few Americans this year that said the immigration officer that helped them insisted on seeing their bank book in order to confirm that they had movement of at least 800,000 baht per year coming in and out of their accounts. I'm curious to know if any of the other forum members have had this happen. These were guys going in for Retirement Visa extensions and using the Income Affidavit from the US Embassy.
Never ever had any request for bank books, and my bank books at banks in Thailand wouldn't reflect an amount that would satisfy them with anything like what they claim to be checking. I keep a very small amount of money in Thai banks. All of my transactions are in cash from one of my US Banks via ATM.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 18, 2018, 4:58 pm

Immigration in Loei always want bank books and copies

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 18, 2018, 6:32 pm

In the years I've used the income letter, I've not shown or been asked to show bank books by Udon immigration

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 18, 2018, 7:11 pm

In CM, rarely would they ask for bank books, with affadavit, but it is becoming more common. You can bet the ones asked looked indigent. I have heard, but not confirmed, that you are suppose to show a flow of 65,000 per month over here...or versions similar. Even heard someone with the 800K was scrutenized, but I say BS on that. Met quite a few married guys that did the 800K method for the same of simplicity, as they seem to have more made up requirements for marriage extensions. Use a simple Fixed Deposit, and don't let in mature during seasoning....the easy way. Twenty pages of bank book deal is asking for trouble. It is fairly obvious that more than half of the letters from the Americans are perjured. Surprising no crackdown, but that 1700 baht must be a nice earner....

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

In Nong Khai income affidavits are not accepted. Applicants must have money in a Thai bank and, of course, must prove it with bank book containing an entry the same day of applying AND a letter from the bank stating the balance, also dated the same day.

Ahh, paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 22, 2018, 12:04 pm

Lone Star wrote:
April 18, 2018, 4:48 pm

Never ever had any request for bank books, and my bank books at banks in Thailand wouldn't reflect an amount that would satisfy them with anything like what they claim to be checking. I keep a very small amount of money in Thai banks. All of my transactions are in cash from one of my US Banks via ATM.
Same here for me the last (will guess) 12 years or so.

If I didn't keep my $ in US Banks, how in G's N would I pay my US bills? like credit cards? and other things.
I use ATM (cash in hand) and also transfer thru Bangkok Bank NY, (cash in 4 or 7 days depending weekends holidays, etc.)

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 22, 2018, 12:47 pm

NKImm.jpg
Nong Khai Immigration does not accept affidavits from any embassies. Only proof of money in a Thai bank. Period.
Applicants are also required to bring their wives (with all accompanying paperwork) including bedroom photos, for their retiree extensions. It's a more exclusive place to live. :roll: :lol:

Also, to renew driver's license in Nong Khai, applicants must visit immigration to have them sign a release (yes, even if you have a yellow book). That release takes days to complete so applicants must go back to pick it up, only to carry it back to the license people who give you an "appointment" for their video and brake test -- some days in the future. Minimum of three visits assuming nothing gets $@*&ed up.

Ahhh paradise.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 22, 2018, 1:05 pm

I believe that the use of the above form has been running for at least a year in Nong Khai Giggle ?
Have you heard of any difficulties/problems with retirees going back to Immigration this year?
Or is everybody just complying with the transfer & proof??

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 22, 2018, 2:26 pm

I know a few people who do not meet the requirements and must leave the country every few months. I know a few others who get their annual extensions from a paid *ahem* fixer because of this requirement. I put the required funds in a Thai bank several years ago and don't think much about it until my renewal rolls around. The lesson is that requirements differ from province to province, from day to day, and from one interpretation to another. It's intentionally vague.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”