Sleeping powders /liquids

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Sleeping powders /liquids

Post by Saminthailand » May 8, 2018, 5:42 pm

Mother in law has problems sleeping but does not like taking tablets.

Any recommendations of sleep aids and where to buy them please.

Do not think she needs strong ones .

Thanks in Advance

felixcat
udonmap.com

Re: Sleeping powders /liquids

Post by felixcat » May 8, 2018, 7:32 pm

Yes, many. The basics are camomile and jasmine tea, and basically any tea. Herbs For Insomnia & To Promote Better Sleep
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
California Poppy ( Eschscholzia californica)
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Magnolia Bark (Magnolia officinalis)
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia, Lavandula officinalis) Then you got the herbs..check Chinese herb shops, but they are expensive and time consuming. Next: Foods. Thais make a green leaf soup from leaves, put in a bit of pork and is quite tasty and makes you sleepy. Then , if you have to take a tablet, Melatonin..you can dissolve it in a tea or water. If you got serious sleep problems like many today, Trazodone. I won't say where to buy it because that will those who do use it. But it is available here and pretty cheap. Hope that helps....

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » May 8, 2018, 7:39 pm

Try VALARIAN ROOT it is a herbal remedy that helps sleeping and also relives anxiety. It is available from most pharmacies in Udon. I have only used it in tablet form but believe it is also available liquid. Works well for me.
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 8, 2018, 10:01 pm

nmcd1649 wrote:
May 8, 2018, 7:39 pm
Try VALARIAN ROOT it is a herbal remedy that helps sleeping and also relives anxiety. It is available from most pharmacies in Udon. I have only used it in tablet form but believe it is also available liquid. Works well for me.
Have you actually purchased Valerian Root at a pharmacy in Udon, and if so, can you direct us to that pharmacy? Do they know this as Valerian Root, or do they know it by its Thai name? Do you know the cost?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 9, 2018, 7:11 am

i have found some info online ,
http://www.vitamin-xpress.com/product/1 ... 9%E0%B8%A5
http://www.docmeeshop.com/product/8/%E0 ... 2%E0%B8%A2
http://siampill.com/th/Melatonin-Valeri ... 29c69.html
to have an idea ,last one is with melatonin which is giving me a headache ,
what i use is called tripta (amitriptyline) , they sell them in 10mg (yellow)and 25mg (purple) , i normally use 10mg which i even cut in 2 ,(strong enough for me) easy to take very small pills , price 10mg ,20 setang - 4baht a pill depending pharmacy and brand , , i use the 20 setang ones or 1 baht ,
as info ...sleep well... ;)

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » May 9, 2018, 10:09 am

Have you actually purchased Valerian Root at a pharmacy in Udon, and if so, can you direct us to that pharmacy? Do they know this as Valerian Root, or do they know it by its Thai name? Do you know the cost?

Yes Semperfiguy I purchased mine at a small pharmacy to the right hand side of Seven Eleven on Phromprakai Road (this is the road that leads in to town as you come out of the airport and turn right) it is sold under a brand name and the pharmacist knows it as Valerian Root. The pharmacy is run by a young married couple who have perfect English and are very helpful.
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

Return to “Health & Beauty”