Solar Power

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
cricket

Re: Solar Power

Post by cricket » May 13, 2018, 11:03 am

ytrewq wrote:
May 13, 2018, 6:22 am
If you PM your contact info, I'll pass it on.
I'm sorry I don't see any way I can message you. Maybe I need to make a few more posts before I can send pm's. :(

cricket

Post by cricket » May 16, 2018, 8:01 am

Hi ytrewq, I'm sorry I don't see any way I can PM you. Can you post the information here please?

cricket

Post by cricket » May 16, 2018, 8:13 am

I can't see how to pm you so would you mind sending the info to me by email? Thanks

seesaa1 @ yandex.com

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 17, 2018, 12:17 pm

We applied and were approved last time around selling back on the grid. The cost on installation it would take three life times to recover the money. Anything change ?

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » May 17, 2018, 12:59 pm

bumper wrote:
May 17, 2018, 12:17 pm
We applied and were approved last time around selling back on the grid. The cost on installation it would take three life times to recover the money. Anything change ?
Well, panel prices are down 40-50% since then (2014?) it would seem. Also inverter prices have fallen, but not quite at the same rate. I would think that the cost of installation has also drop considerably. Bumper, I went through the process before as well, in the end not approved, but if my recollection is correct, you need to finish the installation within a certain period of time, a few months I think, to stay in the program. I would think that you'd have to go through the whole process again, if and when the roof-top solar program comes back to life in the future. It seems that every time there is a proposal to open up the grid for residential solar it is stomped back down again by certain interests. So, to summarize, at this point in time, it isn't looking good for roof-top solar. :cry:

Return to “House & Land”